READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So run the algorithms through MDE. Does it allow you to re-schedule a BG if you decline your "push" notification?
people have reported dropping a bg and getting another, but not sure how they do that. The push notification is something you do ahead of time in the app settings

people have reported dropping a bg and getting another, but not sure how they do that. The push notification is something you do ahead of time in the app settings

OK. I was looking at a way for a guest to either fully commit to the return window/time vs. non-committal (freeing up that window for other guests), but allowing that guest to choose another window due to ADR/FP/etc.

I assumed they removed themselves from the BG immediately, while BG's were still available. But GET might be able to change it later.

Its actually a smart thing to do to serve the most guests staying at HS and experiencing SWGE for the day.

Not so great for seasoned folks trying to cherry pick the ride for multiple days.

However , you can opt to get a BG and park hope after you ride.
So, we head over in 5 (😃) days. Only there for a few days, and I was trying to keep things to a dull roar for DH’s sake. Originally, we were going to nab a BG if we could manage on our planned DHS day, and then also our Epcot day as well if feeling extra motivated to get up early. As soon as I saw this, I decided not to bother on the Epcot day unless I didn’t manage a BG the first time around. I’m guessing mine will be a typical response. Obviously also a guess, but I suspect that’s why they’re doing this, to lighten things up at the start of the day (the crowds look insane and regular BG’s are gone in a minute - and here we are in one of the “slowest” times of year), as well as to hopefully accommodate more groups.

What an exciting change to wake up to. :headache:

The two hours made virtually any in park FP or ADR workable. The out of park ones less so, but I think it was reasonable to still be able to make somewhat solid plans as long as you stayed in DHS. The hour, not so much. I feel bad for front of the line CMs, especially at FP return, and of course Guest Services and GET CMs.

So has anyone personally returned after their BG window closed and been denied access by a CM?

Too soon to get a meaningful answer I think, but I think we’ll find this answer is going to vary based on the CMs working and isn’t going to be much help for planning purposes.

Personally, we’ll be prioritizing returning to ROTR and *politely* insisting on help from GET to adjust anything else important to us. I’ve certainly seen people argue their way past CMs for less legit (aka not legit at all lol) reasons, so I feel somewhat confident that politely trying to figure something out with a GET CM will be helpful.

I park-hopped to MK a few times last week while waiting for my BG under the two hour regime. If the change sticks, it will be disappointing to say the least. I would not have wanted to hang around DHS for an extended period as the wait times were all crazy.

Maybe I'll send feedback to that email address, if I can remember what it is.

So, we head over in 5 (😃) days. Only there for a few days, and I was trying to keep things to a dull roar for DH’s sake. Originally, we were going to nab a BG if we could manage on our planned DHS day, and then also our Epcot day as well if feeling extra motivated to get up early. As soon as I saw this, I decided not to bother on the Epcot day unless I didn’t manage a BG the first time around. I’m guessing mine will be a typical response. Obviously also a guess, but I suspect that’s why they’re doing this, to lighten things up at the start of the day (the crowds look insane and regular BG’s are gone in a minute - and here we are in one of the “slowest” times of year), as well as to hopefully accommodate more groups.
I agree, I think this and limiting the end of day queue size as reasons for this change. I was planning to hop to Epcot after (hopefully!) getting a BG on my second day but as RotR is my main goal I am readjusting expectations to be OK with sticking to DHS for both next week.

Will keep obsessively following this thread in the meantime. The soap opera continues... :rolleyes1 :D

I park-hopped to MK a few times last week while waiting for my BG under the two hour regime. If the change sticks, it will be disappointing to say the least. I would not have wanted to hang around DHS for an extended period as the wait times were all crazy.

Maybe I'll send feedback to that email address, if I can remember what it is.
Give it a couple days before emailing. Just my 2 cents. I want to see how this plays out in the real world. Could be just the change needed to help things settle down a bit.

Give it a couple days before emailing. Just my 2 cents. I want to see how this plays out in the real world. Could be just the change needed to help things settle down a bit.

I agree. Who knows what they’re going to end up with. We have very little information to go on at the moment and seems premature to complain to them just yet.

I’m here today...up early...at the gates at 5:57...my phone would not light up the button at 7...DH got a 97...people I helped prior for a 10...so deflating. We did MF right away. Now my son is at Savis. Hoping we aren’t late for Oga’s. We have dinner plans at 5:25 and I’m hoping they are understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter