READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need to use a spare magic band that you brought do you need to do anything on MDE app to have that magic band show your tickets ?

Any magic band that is registered to you will access the same information in your MDE. So, no need to do anything else. Magic bands you purchase will need to be registered or linked to your account, magic bands that come as part of your resort stay will already be linked to you.

Could someone explain what is meant by “force close the app”?

Sorry if it is explained somewhere earlier in the thread.

I lost track of this question, but is it still ok to have a person in the park and a helping person at home use the same login information to score a BG? My day is coming next week and it is a one day HS ticket as well, so I need to make a smart decision in advance.

I lost track of this question, but is it still ok to have a person in the park and a helping person at home use the same login information to score a BG? My day is coming next week and it is a one day HS ticket as well, so I need to make a smart decision in advance.

Yup! Definitely a good idea if you’ve got someone willing. Worst case you score a better BG yourself and the person wasted their time :)

Wow, really 1 minute and all reg and backup BGs are gone? It just keeps getting more insane.

Wow, really 1 minute and all reg and backup BGs are gone? It just keeps getting more insane.
Well, today it was close to 3 minutes for everything to go. Still under 1 minute for reg BG.

But, holiday weekend and an 8am open time more amenable to a lot more people, and this is what happens. I'd like to see how things continue in the next week.

I always have at least one in my work bag as ... Well, you never know when I might wind up in Orlando ;)
An AP card can be used in place of a MB. AFAIK, those without AP's can still request a plastic ticket card at a ticket booth, which you can just keep in your wallet or purse as a backup. I believe the only thing they don't work for is capturing ride photos without tapping.

I'm working on my plan to have DNe10 help me get a boarding pass from home. I've got my account linked with my sister-in-law now. So I think she has access to my group that is going. So if I now remove her, will she still have access so they can help us get a boarding group? I only want those in the park on mine so I can click "select all" and save that two seconds of unchecking someone.

Could someone explain what is meant by “force close the app”?

Sorry if it is explained somewhere earlier in the thread.
When you typically exit an app, it stays running in the background. Force close means you take an extra step or two to completely shut the app down so it's not running in the background. IPhone is a swipe up, then X out. Other phones are different, so just do a Google search for your phone model.

I'm working on my plan to have DNe10 help me get a boarding pass from home. I've got my account linked with my sister-in-law now. So I think she has access to my group that is going. So if I now remove her, will she still have access so they can help us get a boarding group? I only want those in the park on mine so I can click "select all" and save that two seconds of unchecking someone.
remove her and just have her log in with your info. only have the people trying for the BG linked.

Can anyone say how early the friendship boats leave from Swan? We’re hoping to head over to HS around 6AM tomorrow.

Presumptuous as to your preferences on my part, but I think you need to head down to Hurricane Hannah’s and get a CAT 5 pronto.

Your tale is helpful for those who for whatever reason get behind schedule on their arrival plans. I hope you have better luck on future attempts.

Lol, completely agree and it's why I shared it - if you have your heart set on riding, definitely give yourself at least 30 minutes to get through the tapstiles to be safe! And if you don't have that time, just know that, well, you know.

I was actually shocked we got as close as we did after that whole fiasco! And no one in my family but me knows what they're missing so all's well. We'll probably try again Thursday, maybe Wednesday if I'm feeling frisky.

Can anyone say how early the friendship boats leave from Swan? We’re hoping to head over to HS around 6AM tomorrow.

I saw one leaving BC/YC around 6:45 but I wasn't out earlier than that. I know when DHS was opening at 7 people definitely reported boats around 6:15...

The Chart on Post #2 has been updated.

- 77 BGs were called - 51 Regular / 26 Backups
- Published hours were 8-8, but closing was extended to 9 this morning. I used 13 hours in the chart, resulting in a 5.9 BG per hour average (note, the ride didn't start until around 1.5 hours after opening)
- This is 5 days in a row of some relatively choppy BG calling performance and well below average average BG per hour rates.

FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter