READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share my experience today:

Left Caribbean Beach by car at 6:30am.
Though bag check and in line at 6:50am.
Line was about halfway between ticket booths and security at that point.
They opened tapstyles at 7am exactly and did not do finger prints.
In line at the Grand Ave entrance at 7:15am.
I was on data (TMobile) and tried to time starting my app up to be open right at 8 and was able to secure BG 30 on my Moto G6.
My wife was on data (Cricket/AT&T) and my daughter was on an old Samsung note using WiFi and had the app opened and tried refreshing but took them longer to get it to turn red.
We also had two very kind friends trying home but they both encountered errors.
Main thing was just getting one but a small part of me was happy in was the one that got it after all the planning.

We then we're walked in to GE (first time seeing land, scale is unbelievable) and to Falconer ride.bbwe were off at just before 9.

Our BG was called at 11:25 with 2 hour return time. We were in our Droid reservation at that time and then had FP for Star Tours so did that and then went to check in for Rise but it was down. So we did other things and after our Oga's we tried again (was about 2:30) at this point. It was down again so we decided to take a midday break - which we all needed and was the right call.

After the break we tried again and it was up! We were into the queue at 5:48. Off the ride at 6:38 - as far as I can tell it all worked correctly and smoothly.

Hard to compare it to any other ride - such a unique experience. They really pushed things and tried something different and we got to see it working properly and was quite the payoff for all the efforts. Feel bad for those that ultimately don't get that payoff.

Side note - we benefitted from that extra park hour as we rode AS2 and then the Falcon 2 more times during it!

Really want to thank everyone on here for all the tips and information and support!

Bright Suns and May the Force be with us!

They already adjusted March hours, but no guarantee they won't do it again. We'll be there in mid-March- 2 days after they stopped the 8am opening. I sure hope they extend!
With MMRR opening in March, I really hope they continue the 8am (or earlier) openings as I think the crowds may get worse with another new headliner opening up.

Can anyone say how early the friendship boats leave from Swan? We’re hoping to head over to HS around 6AM tomorrow.
A few weeks ago when DHS opened at 7:00, DH and I were walking from BWV about 6:15, and two Friendship Boats were coming back from DHS while a third came up behind us on its way there. Of course, now as I’m typing this I’m realizing DHS opens at 8 tomorrow, so .... :o

With MMRR opening in March, I really hope they continue the 8am (or earlier) openings as I think the crowds may get worse with another new headliner opening up.

8am opening is currently scheduled through March 14.

I'll be flabbergasted if the rest of March doesn't move to 8am or earlier (for DHS), but then Disney has flabbergasted me before.

Wanted to share my experience today:

Left Caribbean Beach by car at 6:30am.
Though bag check and in line at 6:50am.
Line was about halfway between ticket booths and security at that point.
They opened tapstyles at 7am exactly and did not do finger prints.
In line at the Grand Ave entrance at 7:15am.
I was on data (TMobile) and tried to time starting my app up to be open right at 8 and was able to secure BG 30 on my Moto G6.
My wife was on data (Cricket/AT&T) and my daughter was on an old Samsung note using WiFi and had the app opened and tried refreshing but took them longer to get it to turn red.
We also had two very kind friends trying home but they both encountered errors.
Main thing was just getting one but a small part of me was happy in was the one that got it after all the planning.

We then we're walked in to GE (first time seeing land, scale is unbelievable) and to Falconer ride.bbwe were off at just before 9.

Our BG was called at 11:25 with 2 hour return time. We were in our Droid reservation at that time and then had FP for Star Tours so did that and then went to check in for Rise but it was down. So we did other things and after our Oga's we tried again (was about 2:30) at this point. It was down again so we decided to take a midday break - which we all needed and was the right call.

After the break we tried again and it was up! We were into the queue at 5:48. Off the ride at 6:38 - as far as I can tell it all worked correctly and smoothly.

Hard to compare it to any other ride - such a unique experience. They really pushed things and tried something different and we got to see it working properly and was quite the payoff for all the efforts. Feel bad for those that ultimately don't get that payoff.

Side note - we benefitted from that extra park hour as we rode AS2 and then the Falcon 2 more times during it!

Really want to thank everyone on here for all the tips and information and support!

Bright Suns and May the Force be with us!
I've got 90 days before my first try. The suspense is killing me!!!! 😂😂 I'm glad you guys had a great ride. Hope you get more opportunities this trip to ride some more! Enjoy the rest of the trip. Mtfbwy

From our December experience, the type of phone you have and service you use made a HUGE difference in success rate. Also NOT being on Disney WiFi increased your chances of getting a BG. Don't know if that is still true today but may have been part of your issue. The problem is easily identified if you notice your phone running slower than normal while on Disney properety. Good luck and hope you are successful in the next couple days. The ride is awesome!
My phone is an X, and my husband’s is an 11 which he just bought this week. We didn’t shut off WiFi, so maybe that was our downfall. It’s still really frustrating that an app limits your chances. I miss how it was years ago with Star Wars weekends. We always knew we would get our autographs because we were willing to show up at 5am to wait for our autograph tickets. Knowing that we leave the resort early and tap in early does not guarantee a BG, is frustrating.

Take a screenshot the first moment this happens, if it happens again. There have been stories of people taking screen shots of not being able to get a bg within the first mn of park open, showing that pic to GET, and being assigned a BG. After you take the screenshot, completely close the app and re-open- that seems to fix it for most. I can’t have my app open before park open- BG never shows up.
Closing the app, didn’t help the issue for us. GET said they were not issuing any additional BG even with the issue. They did agree to give me a FP for MFSR for later this week. They offered a FP for something else, so I said I wanted a FP for MFSG (I wasn’t able to snag one when they became available) . She made a phone call and got approval to do so.

Adding:
10:38-out of the ride. I think we were very lucky. Line was constantly moving.

Our day so far:
6:45 - out of our Little Mermaid room
6:58 - loading into bus
7:01 - out to DHS
7:15 - through bagless scan
7:18 - through ticket tap stiles on the right
7:18-7:50- Tried to find 4 bars on TMobile. Moved around to about 5 different places. Settled by Frozen, where it stayed mostly 4 bars.
7:59:50 - launched app
8:00:05 - find out more
- Join Boarding Group was NOT red.
- Clicked My Status. Join Boarding Group was active. Got BG 22.
9:36 - BG 22 called
9:42-entered queau
10:38-out of the ride! It was awesome!

BG 22! I did it, we rode it. It was awesome, thanks to all!

Congratulations!
I keep seeing people with time down to the seconds - dumb question but how are you timing this? Another app open on your phone? I thought we wanted all apps closed but MDE. Does your phone display seconds too? Does mine and I don’t know it - iPhone 6s?
A watch? Other? Thanks!

Congratulations!
I keep seeing people with time down to the seconds - dumb question but how are you timing this? Another app open on your phone? I thought we wanted all apps closed but MDE. Does your phone display seconds too? Does mine and I don’t know it - iPhone 6s?
A watch? Other? Thanks!

I have an iPhone 8 and use the clock app icon on my home screen to track the seconds. I open the MDE app and then go to the home screen and check the moving second hand on the clock icon. When it gets to about 10 seconds before the hour I touch on the MDE icon, count down the last 10 seconds in my head, and am ready to hit Find Out More as soon as the time at the top of the screen flips to the next minute.

Congratulations!
A watch? Other? Thanks!

That's a good question. The Clock app that is standard on iphones - if you look closely, it measures seconds. That, combined with a little counting once the app has launched.

Exactly the same that @wisblue does.

Congratulations!
A watch? Other? Thanks!

Since I leave the app open and just switch to it, I have time.gov open in my browser. At 1 sec to 8, I switch to MDE. I have tried just watching the time at the top of screen for when it turns over but I find that more stressful. I like seeing the count down.

My family went to HS today but I stayed back in the room (I rode RoTR two weeks ago). I started toggling between the two screens (“Find Out More” and “My Status”) at 7:59 and I was able to get them Boarding Group 47 as soon as the button turned red! They are a group of 5 and I had to unclick my name so I think that delay of 5-10 seconds kept us from the lower numbers but with only 55 regular boarding groups today, I am happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter