READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked - I really thought park capacity would be low enough that it wouldn't be necessary. Anyone know what the capacity of ROTR is in relation to the capacity of the park? Reason I ask is, wouldn't it make a lot more sense for you to get your ROTR boarding pass when you get your park reservation - from the safety and sanity of your own home? That way, if there are no BG's left, you could decide then if you even wanted to go to DHS that day. Conversely, if you have your BG before you even get there, there would be no need to crowd into the park at rope drop to get one - enter at your leisure. Having 3 distribution times helps - I really hope they limit everyone to one ride a day as before though.
It really depends on how reliable the ride is. If it runs fully all day or at least mostly all day the ride can put through 1700+ an hour if not more. However now with seating changes due to covid you won’t be filling every seat.

Shocked - I really thought park capacity would be low enough that it wouldn't be necessary.
I don't know that it's so much of an indicator of park capacity numbers, but more of not wanting everyone going to that attraction all at once. Due to the popularity of the ride, I don't think it really matters if there are 5,000 people or 10,000 people in the park, you'd have to assume that most guests are going to want to ride that attraction, therefore the boarding groups will hopefully help alleviate a whole bunch of congestion. I really hope it works!! I think we will start to see this rolled out to other attractions as well. This is a learning curve for Disney with their new guest numbers.

This removed some stress for me...but now I'm stressed again thinking about trying to mess with the boarding groups again. My main concern was that with standby only, essentially the entire RD crowd would head to RotR, violating social distancing and making rope drop stressful. I think it's better now that people will be more evenly distributed among SDD, MMRR, and MFSR, but the whole concept of boarding groups is still stressful to me.

This removed some stress for me...but now I'm stressed again thinking about trying to mess with the boarding groups again. My main concern was that with standby only, essentially the entire RD crowd would head to RotR, violating social distancing and making rope drop stressful. I think it's better now that people will be more evenly distributed among SDD, MMRR, and MFSR, but the whole concept of boarding groups is still stressful to me.

Yeah, I was a bit relieved when I didn't have to deal with boarding groups. I think it stresses me more having to deal with that and I am also bummed because I was hoping to ride as much as I could. Being limited to one ride per day stinks.

Yeah, I was a bit relieved when I didn't have to deal with boarding groups. I think it stresses me more having to deal with that and I am also bummed because I was hoping to ride as much as I could. Being limited to one ride per day stinks.
Very true—I was hoping to get multiple rides in!

Although, I wonder if one benefit of this will be that they keep more portions of the preshow/experience before you get on the actual ride mechanism. I was worrying that with a full standby line, having these aspects would slow down the line too much.

To those who have done the boarding groups before: if you’re trying to join a boarding group and you want to do the multiple phones approach, can you be logged in to the same account on different devices? We only have one MDE account managing our entire trip.

To those who have done the boarding groups before: if you’re trying to join a boarding group and you want to do the multiple phones approach, can you be logged in to the same account on different devices? We only have one MDE account managing our entire trip.
Yes, try and all devices you have, recruit friends from home as well. I have been able to help several people get a bg using wifi from home. Just give them your mde login

I’m reading over the Disney Park’s Blog instructions, and it indicates that to join a BG, you should select RotR from the Home screen. I do not see that on my home screen. Should I assume an update is coming?

I’m reading over the Disney Park’s Blog instructions, and it indicates that to join a BG, you should select RotR from the Home screen. I do not see that on my home screen. Should I assume an update is coming?
I'm not seeing it either...I use to, but then I downloaded the update and now it's not there anymore

ETA: I also read that I need to make sure "my push notifications" are on so I'm notified when I'm suppose to return for my boarding time...but I"m not sure how to do that either...help:)

From the home screen, touch the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner. Then, scroll down to “My Profile.” You will see scroll down to select “Mobile Device Notifications.” Turn on all that you want.
Thank you! I have everything on and ready to go!!!

Thank you! I have everything on and ready to go!!!
You’re welcome. Just to be sure, click on the “Settings” app on your phone’s home screen. Then click on “Notifications.” Scroll until you see the MDE app listed, select it, and make sure it is on.

I just received a notification when I opened the app that I need to download a newer version for my upcoming visit. I definitely had the most updated app up until today.

Please tell me whether you see anything different. I did that today and did not notice anything different.

Urgh. Feeling tres nervous about how my iphone 6 and DH's iphone 7 are going to handle this! The kiddos are going to be so disappointed if we can't get in. I do like that they are limiting people to one ride per day. That should (hopefully) make it easier to get a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter