READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there in March and watched them disappear in 30 seconds. My kids were heartbroken... I talked my DH into trying again with less people. I dont think I want to tell him it was such a bad experience last time but then again we had to wake up at 6am

It really depends on how reliable the ride is. If it runs fully all day or at least mostly all day the ride can put through 1700+ an hour if not more. However now with seating changes due to covid you won’t be filling every seat.
So, if the ride now holds about 40% capacity (just a guess for an average) and doesn't break down, we're looking at 6800 riders over a 10 hour day. Not everyone gets to ride...

:magnify:So there will be a limited amount of Virtual queue slots available at 10am?
Are you on a waitlist that’s valid for the whole day like boarding groups?
Will you get a message that there is no more availabilities and you have to do 1pm?
People will then want to be there early and it is gonna be very crowded at the entrance. How are they gonna do w/ social distancing.

:magnify:So there will be a limited amount of Virtual queue slots available at 10am?
Will you get a message that there is no more availabilities and you have to do 1pm?
People will then want to be there early and it is gonna be very crowded at the entrance. How are they gonna do w/ social distancing.
Yes they aren’t going to give the whole allotment right at 10AM. The point is to spread people out and not force everyone to come to the park for 10AM.

My guess is only backup groups will come into play for the 4PM slot.

The app will let you know if there is no more availability.

I'm glad I won't be the one figuring it out on opening day, but based on wait times at the parks that opened today, I don't think it'll be terrible, though HS is the one park with consistently sold out dates, and of course, on the 15th, all time slots for HS are gone.

This is the email I got from my TA last night. Seems kinda weird since HS isn't even open yet and I though all rides were doing the queue thing. Any thoughts?

" While there will currently not be any Fastpasses or other virtual queues, Disney did announce the return of the virtual queue for the Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios.

Guests with Disney Park Pass reservations will have three opportunities to access the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance once they arrive at the park, with distribution happening at 10:00am, 1:00pm, and 4:00pm.
Guests should make sure that they are using the My Disney Experience app and that they have linked ticket information for their entire party.
At one of the three distribution times, guests should log onto the app and select "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue" to begin the process. The app will assign the next available boarding group (or a backup group).
The app will alert guests when their boarding group is called and they will have up to an hour to reach the entrance of the attraction.
Disney reminds guests that the ability to access the attraction is not guaranteed, despite being assigned a boarding group."

Yesss! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!
A little nervous but mostly excited...hoping the BGs go well. We have reservations for Oga’s as well—we’re going to see how things go there the first few days of reopening to decide if we’re actually going to go. It looks like a very small space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter