READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Ive been practicing in the mornings, and the very slightest hesitation & you just dont get a boarding group. This morning I decided to turn off my wifi & try my data. It seems most days I get the group if i start from AT-AT instead of the virtual queue way. Anyways, I clicked off wifi, and the moment it turned 7, i tried to click join but either my finger slipped or the phone screen didnt register my tap. I tapped immediately again, a split second, and i got the red No-Go screen.
Im curious now, I dont think it was related to switching to data. It felt like my screen didnt feel my fingertip. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I tapped immediately again, a split second, and i got the red No-Go screen.
Im curious now, I dont think it was related to switching to data. It felt like my screen didnt feel my fingertip.
If you want to switch between Wi-Fi and Cellular make sure you do it about 2 minutes before you need to actually use data. It takes time for you phone to switch.

Dave

YAY! :cool1:got boarding group 23 this morning, my DD and I were trying. I remembered reading here to try the join button a few minutes before to let the computer know, and when I did, the time on my Samsung phone moved forward like 2 minutes!, all of a sudden it was 6:59! 😲😲😲
I started hitting the join button and it took me to the next page . I just kept going back and clicking the join button again, and then the button light up to join ! My party was all there. I can't believe we got one!

If you want to switch between Wi-Fi and Cellular make sure you do it about 2 minutes before you need to actually use data. It takes time for you phone to switch.

Dave
I didnt know, thank you!! You think thats why it wasnt registering my touch? I have an iphone 12

Short answer is quite likely that was your issue. The app will check for service and you interrupted the process by switching data connections. It takes a couple of seconds to connect to the Cellular network or the Wi-Fi when switching.

Dave

7am, watch time.gov, mash join join join, got it. What do you do for the 1pm if you aren't lucky at 7am? At the hotel I have an ipad I can use for time.gov, at the park I just have my phone and my son's phone. If I put time.gov on one, that means either one is out of action or we try to swtich from that screen to the app fast enough. Do people usually just watch the clock on their phone at 1pm tick over to 1pm and then crack the screen smashing join join join?

7am, watch time.gov, mash join join join, got it. What do you do for the 1pm if you aren't lucky at 7am? At the hotel I have an ipad I can use for time.gov, at the park I just have my phone and my son's phone. If I put time.gov on one, that means either one is out of action or we try to swtich from that screen to the app fast enough. Do people usually just watch the clock on their phone at 1pm tick over to 1pm and then crack the screen smashing join join join?

I asked a similar question here and the general consensus seemed to be it was still better to have 2 people trying vs. using a phone for time.gov instead. It'll just be DH & I with phones when we're there -we don't have iPads and I really don't want to have to bring my laptop! So I've been practicing just using my phone clock and smashing Join, Join, Join as SOON as it ticks to 7AM & 1PM (watch it like a hawk!) and have been successful the majority of the time.

I have app loaded and ready to go, then I minimize it and check the clock face on my home screen. When I have about 20 seconds left, I go back to the app, have my finger hovered over the Join button and pray to the Star Wars gods. It seems to help me if I have some knowledge of how many seconds are left before go-time!

I asked a similar question here and the general consensus seemed to be it was still better to have 2 people trying vs. using a phone for time.gov instead. It'll just be DH & I with phones when we're there -we don't have iPads and I really don't want to have to bring my laptop! So I've been practicing just using my phone clock and smashing Join, Join, Join as SOON as it ticks to 7AM & 1PM (watch it like a hawk!) and have been successful the majority of the time.

cool, I was successful twice when I could get park reservations for practice, but of course on the real day it will be harder I"m sure. We are going to DHS 6 times this year, if I can get it 2 or 3 times, I'll be happy.

How about a watch? I have an apple watch which is what I use for time, but any watch would do, as long as you check that it is accurate.

I just watch the time at the top of my phone. Usually successful at practicing that way. Don’t need to watch time.gov.

That's what I do. I have never used time.gov or any other clock besides my phone. And I get a BG in practice about 99.9% of the time.
Same here. The only times I havnt had success are when there seems like theres a quick glitch with my service. Like this morning, the join button missed my first press, or recently, it seemed like it took an extra moment for the 2nd join screen to load. I always just press join as quickly as i can at the exact moment i see it switch to 7, and I normally get it. Its just crazy how fast it goes! Mere seconds and the boarding groups are gone.

Practiced side by side with my son's Pixel 4a and my own Samsung Galaxy S20+ simultaneously, using Join Virtual Queue method. Same version/build of MDE app, both on home WiFi, and his join never appeared, and instead he got the next board Next Queue Opens at 1 pm. As soon as that happened, I switched to trying on my my phone, and was able to click through like always.

The oddest behavior I have seen thus far, but at least it wasn't on my primary phone.

Practiced side by side with my son's Pixel 4a and my own Samsung Galaxy S20+ simultaneously, using Join Virtual Queue method. Same version/build of MDE app, both on home WiFi, and his join never appeared, and instead he got the next board Next Queue Opens at 1 pm. As soon as that happened, I switched to trying on my my phone, and was able to click through like always.

The oddest behavior I have seen thus far, but at least it wasn't on my primary phone.
You were able to try first one then the other & still got a boarding group on the second try? Im genuinely surprised!

You were able to try first one then the other & still got a boarding group on the second try? Im genuinely surprised!
haha same here. It was basically a second later and a quick reflex to it not working on the other phone. I wouldn't be driving both phones on the actual park day, obviously, but I wanted to get a feel for it on the phone which my 10 year old is gonna have to help me with the BG.

haha same here. It was basically a second later and a quick reflex to it not working on the other phone. I wouldn't be driving both phones on the actual park day, obviously, but I wanted to get a feel for it on the phone which my 10 year old is gonna have to help me with the BG.
Speaking of this, does anyone have screenshots of what the second and third screen looks like after you hit join, I know you have to hit join 2 more times. Its hard to explain to my son what he has to do when I can't show him.

Speaking of this, does anyone have screenshots of what the second and third screen looks like after you hit join, I know you have to hit join 2 more times. Its hard to explain to my son what he has to do when I can't show him.
I have done screen recordings of my practice from time to time. Here are the screen shots for 2nd, 3rd and 4th screens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210315-234215_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210315-234215_Photos.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-070604_Photos~2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20210318-102415_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-102415_Photos.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 114
I have done screen recordings of my practice from time to time. Here are the screen shots for 2nd, 3rd and 4th screens.
Thank you for posting this - it is really helpful. This is generally what I get, too, with one major exception.

Now that I am getting consistently successful, I am curious about not clicking on the rest of the members of the party before hitting Join. I know that is what I am supposed to do according to everyone on here and am able to get to the final screen saying "No Park Reservation" doing that. (Choosing the individual members of the party seems to be the slow down that prevents many people from getting a BG).

So I have not been clicking on the other members of my party, but when I get to the final screen, it only lists me as one to remove, none of the other members have come with me to this screen to be removed. In these screenshots, I noticed that it presented multiple people to remove.

So I am curious about that.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would change your Epcot morning to HS. Epcot has not been filling up as fast and it opens later in the morning so you could likely change back to Epcot same day if you didn't need it.

Just for a different perspective, you may want to be careful doing this. This is what I did and now all park pass reservations are full so I can’t go back and add Epcot or AK back in. 😪 Not a bad idea, especially if you have park hopper. But if you don’t, I would make sure that you schedule at least enough Epcot and AK days that you will still get to visit those parks even if the reservations fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter