READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm, since I'm now planning my first visit since COVID, as long as you have a reservation for the park that day, you can attempt to get a boarding group at either 7am or 1pm, no matter where you are? Or do you have to be on Disney property already?

Also, I currently have a voucher for an annual pass, but it won't be officially activated until I enter DHS that day, so will that cause any problems if I haven't reached the park yet before the boarding pass times?

Huh - this morning I was able to click through on Join, got through, then went back and clicked the whole party, clicked Join again, and still got through. Tried it a third time, and got the red screen. Weird how inconsistent it can be...

Not sure how far back you clicked but this may be deceptive and inaccurate. Unless you click all the way back to the AT-AT page and try again the system still recognizes you for a bit. Since doing it that way and not just back up some I have never gotten through more than once and the other way I used to get through 4-5 times.

Just to confirm, since I'm now planning my first visit since COVID, as long as you have a reservation for the park that day, you can attempt to get a boarding group at either 7am or 1pm, no matter where you are? Or do you have to be on Disney property already?
Yes for 7 AM. While you don't have to be physically in the park at 1 PM you have to have entered HS before 1 PM.

So you could enter at 9 AM spend a few hours and then take a break for lunch over at a Crescent lake resort you will be able to qualify to 1 PM BG.

Dave

Not sure how far back you clicked but this may be deceptive and inaccurate. Unless you click all the way back to the AT-AT page and try again the system still recognizes you for a bit. Since doing it that way and not just back up some I have never gotten through more than once and the other way I used to get through 4-5 times.
Fair enough. First time I did it, only I popped up on the “hold on” page, then I clicked back, added the rest of my party, clicked Join, and they all came with me to the “hold on” page. Not sure if that means anything.

Fair enough. First time I did it, only I popped up on the “hold on” page, then I clicked back, added the rest of my party, clicked Join, and they all came with me to the “hold on” page. Not sure if that means anything.
Don't do this while testing or even on your real HS day. You are really trying to make this too hard.

There is no reason to go back and add any members to your party while testing or ever. Just let it auto select "You". Navigating within the app does not send data to the sever. Hit the Join Buttons as fast as you can to learn where they are create muscle memory for the big day.

Once data is sent that's what generates the red error box, not so fast message or any other message like not having a Park Pass.

Dave

Don't do this while testing or even on your real HS day. You are really trying to make this too hard.

There is no reason to go back and add any members to your party while testing or ever. Just let it auto select "You". Navigating within the app does not send data to the sever. Hit the Join Buttons as fast as you can to learn where they are create muscle memory for the big day.

Once data is sent that's what generates the red error box, not so fast message or any other message like not having a Park Pass.

Dave
Understood- and appreciate the feedback- this is not something that I would do during the actual run- I’m now just playing around with it-

but you are probably right- do it the same way every time, and don’t mess with it!

I was successful at both practices today. I did miss on the 7am practice earlier this week, but I think that was because I had just woke up and was lying in bed. :surfweb:

Sorry, I'm trying to understand before our trip in a couple of weeks ... how would I go back and add my family members if I'm successful in grabbing a boarding pass? Alternate Q: why wouldn't I just add them to my group before trying to join?

Sorry, I'm trying to understand before our trip in a couple of weeks ... how would I go back and add my family members if I'm successful in grabbing a boarding pass? Alternate Q: why wouldn't I just add them to my group before trying to join?
Assuming you have already linked your family in your account, my understanding is that the brief time it may take to add everyone to your group may be the difference between getting a BG and not.

I was successful today with my 1 pm practice. My daughter who has a ticket & park pass reservation wasn't selected but I didn't bother with that & I just hit join. On the day I actually have to do this & I hit join without selecting her, will the system automatically select her?

I was successful today with my 1 pm practice. My daughter who has a ticket & park pass reservation wasn't selected but I didn't bother with that & I just hit join. On the day I actually have to do this & I hit join without selecting her, will the system automatically select her?
Yes. The system only selects people who have tickets and park passes for the day you’re trying, and it ignores any future tickets/passes. Since you’re practicing, it only looks at you.

It's mostly the F & F list that can be unpredictable with loading, so that one can click on the third Join. If I read correctly somewhere, you should start clicking on the still 'disabled' Join button while that is still loading? I have thus far waited for it to become enabled, before I click through. Is everyone else doing this too or should I start clicking on it before it becomes available to click?

So I know you can have multiple people trying on multiple phones. Is it an issue if both are logged in with the same MDE account? I was thinking of having my husband download the app and try at home while I’m solo on my trip with both of us using my MDE login. I checked our home’s wifi and it is literally 20x faster than LTE cellular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter