READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know you can have multiple people trying on multiple phones. Is it an issue if both are logged in with the same MDE account? I was thinking of having my husband download the app and try at home while I’m solo on my trip with both of us using my MDE login. I checked our home’s wifi and it is literally 10x faster than LTE cellular.
Nope! Multiple reports on this thread of several people logging into the same account, successfully obtaining a BG. MTFBWY!

So I know you can have multiple people trying on multiple phones. Is it an issue if both are logged in with the same MDE account? I was thinking of having my husband download the app and try at home while I’m solo on my trip with both of us using my MDE login. I checked our home’s wifi and it is literally 20x faster than LTE cellular.

nope that is how you should do it!

I have noticed recently that the second "Join" button is slower to appear than it used to be. This caused me to have a failed practice last Thursday. I am not sure whether too much other stuff is running on my phone that I need to force-close, or whether the MDE system generally is just being overwhelmed by the spring breakers.

I have noticed recently that the second "Join" button is slower to appear than it used to be. This caused me to have a failed practice last Thursday. I am not sure whether too much other stuff is running on my phone that I need to force-close, or whether the MDE system generally is just being overwhelmed by the spring breakers.
This happened to me today but I was successful practicing every other day at 1 PM this week.

Question for those of us practicing ROTR reservations at 7AM from home....

What is the tell that you had a successful practice? Is it the screen that says ‘no park reservation found’?

Hi all, I have been practicing all last week both for a one 7am and 1pm boarding pass, and besides the first one or two times, I’ve been successful every time.

Today is our first day in the hotel (Contemporary), going to MK here in a little while, but tomorrow is the HS day, so if course I practiced this morning... but failed 😞. For some reason, my phone scanned my face for my password after I hit the first join.... never did that before, anyone know why it did it today and what I need to do to keep it from happening again?

TIA... everyone here has been amazingly helpful!!!

Question for those of us practicing ROTR reservations at 7AM from home....

What is the tell that you had a successful practice? Is it the screen that says ‘no park reservation found’?
Yes, something like “slow down “ and ” no park reservation “ means you would have gotten a reservation. If you are unsuccessful, you would have a red warning at the bottom that said reservations are full.

Hi all, I have been practicing all last week both for a one 7am and 1pm boarding pass, and besides the first one or two times, I’ve been successful every time.

Today is our first day in the hotel (Contemporary), going to MK here in a little while, but tomorrow is the HS day, so if course I practiced this morning... but failed 😞. For some reason, my phone scanned my face for my password after I hit the first join.... never did that before, anyone know why it did it today and what I need to do to keep it from happening again?

TIA... everyone here has been amazingly helpful!!!
Do you happen to have VPN? Someone mentioned that earlier in the week. When they disconnected their VPN the face scanning stopped and they were more successful.

For some reason, my phone scanned my face for my password after I hit the first join....
That means that you were not signed in to the MDE app. So you were prompted to sign in using FaceID.

If you are force closing the app(you don't need to do this) make sure that you do this about 5 minutes before you try for a BG. I also suggest your check your reservations or even walk through the Join process until you get the "not doing BG's" message. This will make sure that you are signed in.

Dave

So my husband and I just tried the 1pm drop. First time practicing.

I selected my party (just me) and then hit join, then said I wasn't actually in the park and to remove people not in the park from my party. I assume this means I was successful?

My husband got a "something went wrong" message after choosing his party. I assume it said that because I got there first?

First practice was a success! I’m a teacher and so my availability to practice is limited but was happy to have this first one go well!

As others have mentioned, the second join screen with my other party members felt slow to load.

So my husband and I just tried the 1pm drop. First time practicing.

I selected my party (just me) and then hit join, then said I wasn't actually in the park and to remove people not in the park from my party. I assume this means I was successful?

My husband got a "something went wrong" message after choosing his party. I assume it said that because I got there first?
Yes, you were successful, and probably your husband was too. However, in future don't choose your party - just click Join-Join-Join. When you practice, you'll be the only one selected, but on the actual day you and anyone in your F&F list who has ticket and park pass for DHS that day will automatically be selected. Taking the time to select them, or even to look to see whether they're selected or not, can take too long and cause you to miss out on a BG!

Yes, you were successful, and probably your husband was too. However, in future don't choose your party - just click Join-Join-Join. When you practice, you'll be the only one selected, but on the actual day you and anyone in your F&F list who has ticket and park pass for DHS that day will automatically be selected. Taking the time to select them, or even to look to see whether they're selected or not, can take too long and cause you to miss out on a BG!
We didn’t actually choose a party, we just kept clicking join. I was just using that to explain the pages we saw. Thank you for confirming we did it correctly!

We got a boarding group this morning. One of my teenage daughters got it. There were 8 of us trying. We were at Pop using the WiFi, because it was super hard to get a good signal in our room. We have a variety of phones among us, including my brand new iPhone 12. But she was the quickest with her iPhone 6s. So it’s definitely not all about having the best phone or the best phone carrier! Ha!
40B748A2-29A3-415B-804A-2A04DC16BBDA.png

Last edited:
7 AM and 1 PM. Please read posts 1 and 2 as you will need to be well prepared to try to gain a spot in the virtual queue. Boarding Groups fill within 2-3 seconds at 7 AM and 1 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter