READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I received so much valuable information over the last 1 1/2 years on how to obtain a boarding pass, I thought I would share my recent experience.

We were at HS on Monday, May 24th and Wednesday, May 26th. After many, many months of practicing, we secured Boarding Group 3 both times! We were a party of 12 with 8 of us trying. Only my husband and I have been practicing regularly every morning while the others practiced very little. My husband received the first one and I received the second one. We both used the method of just waiting on the screen with AT-AT screen and hitting the join button non stop at exactly 7:00 a.m. according to our phones. We also lined up our join buttons for the first two joins. We used our Verizon mobile data and have Google Pixel phones. The first one was secured while we were waiting at the Skyliner at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and the second one while we were outside our rooms (Barbados section).

Again, I would like to thank everyone who contributed valuable information. I believe the key in securing a boarding pass is practice, practice, practice.

We also thought it was well worth the months of practice as we all really enjoyed the ride both times.

We had our first tries at BGs last Sunday (5/23). Two people trying. We didn’t do any special prep or practice. We didn’t get the morning but got the 1:00 drop while we were having lunch at Sci-Fi. I didn’t leave the restaurant. Our BG had our turn almost as soon as we finished at the restaurant so we walked on over.

There are no guarantees that a BG will allow you to ride. A couple of weeks ago BG's were distributed at 7 AM but there was an unplanned outage of the ride and nobody rode at all that day. It doesn't happen often but it can.

Sorry, what I mean to ask is do most people who get a 1:00 boarding group get their number called? Or are the numbers usually much higher than what the ride usually processes.?

Sorry, what I mean to ask is do most people who get a 1:00 boarding group get their number called? Or are the numbers usually much higher than what the ride usually processes.?
It depends on the day, but when the ride is performing well they definitely get to a lot of the 1pm groups. Over spring break we got a BG at 1pm and rode around 5pm - and that was a day when the ride had some downtime.

Since I received so much valuable information over the last 1 1/2 years on how to obtain a boarding pass, I thought I would share my recent experience.

We were at HS on Monday, May 24th and Wednesday, May 26th. After many, many months of practicing, we secured Boarding Group 3 both times! We were a party of 12 with 8 of us trying. Only my husband and I have been practicing regularly every morning while the others practiced very little. My husband received the first one and I received the second one. We both used the method of just waiting on the screen with AT-AT screen and hitting the join button non stop at exactly 7:00 a.m. according to our phones. We also lined up our join buttons for the first two joins. We used our Verizon mobile data and have Google Pixel phones. The first one was secured while we were waiting at the Skyliner at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort and the second one while we were outside our rooms (Barbados section).
Thanks for the report.

You mentioned that you had 8 different people trying. I assume the 8 of you were using their Cell Phones while using some combination of their Cell Phone Providers and/or Resort WiFi connection?

How were the 8 of you logged in when it came to accounts?

Were you all part of the same party with linked accounts?

For me, we will have a 4 person party with our tickets linked together. We each have 4 cell phones and will be able to use our Cell Phone internet connection.

Are we able to login to the App on each our our own phones but under the primary account for the group and then try to get the reservation?

I only have 1 shot at getting the RoR reservation since we are only going to HS for 1 day and I REALLY want to go on this stupid ride :sad:.

Vacation44 said:
Again, I would like to thank everyone who contributed valuable information. I believe the key in securing a boarding pass is practice, practice, practice.

We also thought it was well worth the months of practice as we all really enjoyed the ride both times.
Wait, how do you practice?

I thought that you'd have to have a ticket that is linked to your App to even get the BG.

Last edited:
Are we able to login to the App on each our our own phones but under the primary account for the group and then try to get the reservation?
Yes, everyone can log in to the same account to try for a BG. Many groups have been successful that way. Groups that have multiple MDE accounts can each log in to their own accounts, as long as everyone is linked to everyone else in their separate accounts, and many have been successful that way too!

So we have four days at WDW in December, would folks recommend scheduling at least 2 days for HS to maximize our chances of getting a BG? There are 8 adults so we will have plenty of people who can try to get BGs. Thanks in advance.

So we have four days at WDW in December, would folks recommend scheduling at least 2 days for HS to maximize our chances of getting a BG? There are 8 adults so we will have plenty of people who can try to get BGs. Thanks in advance.
I guess it depends on whether you want to spend time at all 4 parks or miss out on 1 of them to get on RotR ride.

I'm in the same boat as you are, I have only planned 4 days at DW. I was originally planning to skip Epcot cuz that's my least favorite park, but my kids ( for some reason ) wanted to go there to walk around while eating at Teppan Edo for lunch.

This means ( as I mention above ) that I only have 1 chance to get a BG to ride RotR.

I guess it depends on whether you want to spend time at all 4 parks or miss out on 1 of them to get on RotR ride.

I'm in the same boat as you are, I have only planned 4 days at DW. I was originally planning to skip Epcot cuz that's my least favorite park, but my kids ( for some reason ) wanted to go there to walk around while eating at Teppan Edo for lunch.

This means ( as I mention above ) that I only have 1 chance to get a BG to ride RotR.
Think of it as having two chances: one at 7 a.m. and another at 1 p.m. We got one of each. Unfortunately, the ride went down on our 1 p.m. BG and we were evacuated (we'd already made it into the ride) and we were unable to stay at the park long enough to see if we'd get called back. The 7 a.m. BG worked out perfectly. The 1 p.m. one would've as well, but things happen. One of the days we were at WDW a couple of weeks ago, RotR was down all day, so no one got to ride. There's luck involved, definitely.

I thought that you'd have to have a ticket that is linked to your App to even get the BG.
You can try for a BG every day at 7 and 1- you just won't actually get one unless you have a park pass for DHS. You will get an error message that says you need one (something like "not so fast- does everyone have a reservation") if you are successful.

So I tried it this morning. We have a trip tentatively planned for October. We will decide if we go depending on restrictions and offerings.

When I got to the screen where you pick who’s in your party only I was selected. I hit next and it said “you don’t have a park reservation.” That means I made it right?

On the trip will be myself and daughter. On the actual day will she be automatically selected? My SO and son are on there too but they aren’t coming. Will that mess with anything? Will I have to select my daughter? Will I have to unselect the boys?

Last edited:
So I tried it this morning. We have a trip tentatively planned for October. We will decide if we go depending on restrictions and offerings.

When I got to the screen where you pick who’s in your party only I was selected. I hit next and it said “you don’t have a park reservation.” That means I made it right?

On the trip will be myself and daughter. On the actual day will she be automatically selected? My SO and son are on there too but they aren’t coming. Will that mess with anything? Will I have to select my daughter? Will I have to unselect them boys?
Yes, that screen means you were successful. Yes, as long as you and your daughter both have a park pass you will both be automatically selected for the BG. (If there's a glitch and only one of you is selected and the other not, see one of the Guest Assistance Team members in blue shirts by the ride and they can fix it for you.) The boys should not be selected. The advice on here is always to just click through- don't worry about who is selected. Don't read, just click.

Yes, that screen means you were successful. Yes, as long as you and your daughter both have a park pass you will both be automatically selected for the BG. (If there's a glitch and only one of you is selected and the other not, see one of the Guest Assistance Team members in blue shirts by the ride and they can fix it for you.) The boys should not be selected. The advice on here is always to just click through- don't worry about who is selected. Don't read, just click.

Thank you! That’s what we will do.

We will have 8 park days w/ hoppers in early August and we will be a party of 4 (myself, dh, ds14, dd12). We haven't had a chance to ride Rise yet since our April 2020 trip got cancelled. Dh and I were able to go to SWGE as part of the AP previews in 2019, so we at least know how absolutely amazing the land is.

I currently have park reservations at DHS on 4 different days because I'm scared we'll struggle to secure a boarding group and/or the ride will have difficulty on one or more of our planned days. Do you think that's overkill or maybe even not enough? We all really love Star Wars, so think about it from the perspective of a true fan (we're the type to definitely see movies on opening night and probably a few more times while in theaters, but we haven't been to any conventions or anything like that). Thanks!!

We will have 8 park days w/ hoppers in early August and we will be a party of 4 (myself, dh, ds14, dd12). We haven't had a chance to ride Rise yet since our April 2020 trip got cancelled. Dh and I were able to go to SWGE as part of the AP previews in 2019, so we at least know how absolutely amazing the land is.

I currently have park reservations at DHS on 4 different days because I'm scared we'll struggle to secure a boarding group and/or the ride will have difficulty on one or more of our planned days. Do you think that's overkill or maybe even not enough? We all really love Star Wars, so think about it from the perspective of a true fan (we're the type to definitely see movies on opening night and probably a few more times while in theaters, but we haven't been to any conventions or anything like that). Thanks!!
If you have hoppers and want to spend a good amount of time in DHS, I don’t think 4 days is crazy. If you’re just reserving it for Rise, 2-3 days should be plenty to get you on the ride. If you follow the advice on this thread you should have success!

Four days is terrific. We had 2 days reserved there on our recent trip and I hopped there on a 3rd day. We could've used a day 4, easy. There's so much to see at DHS--and each time I've experienced RotR, my immediate thought is I want to do this again. I gather you have APs, so you'll be able to hop. DHS has become my 2nd-fave park, after DAK.

I do love DHS, but not sure about 4days worth! Lol. But it would be great to have multiple tries at Rise, MFSR, Slinky, and MMRR. Are you then doing 2 days starting at MK and 1 each AK and Epcot?

Thanks for the report.

You mentioned that you had 8 different people trying. I assume the 8 of you were using their Cell Phones while using some combination of their Cell Phone Providers and/or Resort WiFi connection?

How were the 8 of you logged in when it came to accounts?

Were you all part of the same party with linked accounts?

For me, we will have a 4 person party with our tickets linked together. We each have 4 cell phones and will be able to use our Cell Phone internet connection.

I only have 1 shot at getting the RoR reservation since we are only going to HS for 1 day and I REALLY want to go on this stupid ride :sad:.

Yes, the others were using a combination of the resort WiFi and their mobile data, however, my husband and I just used our mobile data connection.

We all tried from three different My Disney Experience accounts, but we were all linked together as family so it did not matter. You just have to make sure everyone is linked together.

Go back to the beginning of this thread and you will see a lot of talk about practicing. Again, for us, practicing was the key. We would of spent too much time reading/looking at our phones for the next step and the boarding passes were gone in less than two seconds. Should be noted that my son and nephews (ages 21, 19 & 18) thought they did not need to practice since they are more "tech savvy" than the "older adults" and the "older adults" were the successful ones because we practiced, and practiced, and practiced.

Can I try to get a 1:00 boarding pass while in the park for myself and people in my group who have already left the park? They will come back if they get a boarding group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter