READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the road home from 8 magical days at Disney. The tips here were super helpful and we were successful in getting boarding groups all three of our DHS days for a group of 9. Two mornings my son was successful in getting groups 2 and 1 on verizon service from AKL Jambo with 2 of us trying. The middle day we missed it at 7:00 but were successful at 1:00 with 5 trying. Same son got it on cell service- group 81 I think. Only difference on the unsuccessful morning was we didn’t restart our phones. Not sure that was went wrong but can’t hurt to restart. Thanks again for all the tips.

Last edited:

I just downloaded the speed test app. How do I utilize it or understand it lol
When you're on the speed tab at the bottom, should be main tab, you'll have a big GO button to start your test. The test looks like this:

Screenshot_20210613-100043.png

You'll want to run a test with Wifi on and Cell data off and another with Cell data on and Wifi off. Whichever has the higher number is your faster connection at that time.

The day you're trying for a bg, I recommend running 5-10 minutes before 7am so you have the most accurate speed. When I was at WDW in January, cell data went from 50 Mbps at 6am down to 12 Mbps at 6:50am. Wifi stayed a consistent 25 Mbps, so I turned off cell data.

When you're on the speed tab at the bottom, should be main tab, you'll have a big GO button to start your test. The test looks like this:

View attachment 581833

You'll want to run a test with Wifi on and Cell data off and another with Cell data on and Wifi off. Whichever has the higher number is your faster connection at that time.

I recommend running 5-10 minutes before 7am so you have the most accurate speed. When I was at WDW in January, cell data went from 50 Mbps at 6am down to 12 Mbps at 6:50am. Wifi stayed a consistent 25 Mbps, so I turned off cell data.

Thank you so much for explaining. Is there a difference between upload or download? Should I just focus on the download?

Does anyone have recent data points on return window, is it 1 or 2 hours? Also, is the first group usually called right at 9? Thanks!

Does anyone have recent data points on return window, is it 1 or 2 hours? Also, is the first group usually called right at 9? Thanks!
1 hour. They can start before opening or much later, depending on how the ride is working. When we were there in early May, we were group 2 but didn’t get called until 10:40.

And for my second HS day... no luck. Exact same procedure as before, clicked join at the stroke of 7, etc. But the app hung after the second screen. So just a data point.

I'll try again at 1.

If While practicing, I got the message that I had no reservations does that mean I was successful in practicing and I would have gotten a boarding group had it been my day?

Also, I noticed that time.gov was about 2-3 seconds ahead of my iPhone X. So I pressed the first join when time.gov was at 7:00 and I was too early. Had to go back and press one more time and then I got the second join.

If While practicing, I got the message that I had no reservations does that mean I was successful in practicing and I would have gotten a boarding group had it been my day?

Also, I noticed that time.gov was about 2-3 seconds ahead of my iPhone X. So I pressed the first join when time.gov was at 7:00 and I was too early. Had to go back and press one more time and then I got the second join.
Yes, that was a successful practice!!!

As far as the time, I always hit the first join the moment my iPhone 8 plus hits 7:00 and have never been unsuccessful.

I know for the 7:00AM drop that all you need is a park reservation and not be in the park, is the same true for the 1:00PM drop (I looked at the first post but didn't see this implicitly).

Thanks

I know for the 7:00AM drop that all you need is a park reservation and not be in the park, is the same true for the 1:00PM drop (I looked at the first post but didn't see this implicitly).

Thanks
For the 1:00 drop you either need to be in the park or, have tapped into the park and left. Once you've tapped in prior to 1 PM you can be anywhere and qualify to try for a BG.

I had my first test from home, which was successful on Saturday. Time.gov was down but I was able to estimate it since I knew my phone was ~2 seconds behind Time.gov earlier in the week. It was much smoother than I expected thanks to everything on this board. Thank you to everyone for all the tips!

I’m a bit confused on park hopping with a BG. We have park reservations at HS and will definitely be spending the morning there. If we get a BG time that is later in the day, can we visit a different park while we wait for our BG time? I saw some people say you can leave and go back to the hotel, but I didn’t see anything such as going to AK at 2 when park hopping opens and then coming back to HS when it’s our BG time. Just trying to plan. Thanks!!

I’m a bit confused on park hopping with a BG. We have park reservations at HS and will definitely be spending the morning there. If we get a BG time that is later in the day, can we visit a different park while we wait for our BG time? I saw some people say you can leave and go back to the hotel, but I didn’t see anything such as going to AK at 2 when park hopping opens and then coming back to HS when it’s our BG time. Just trying to plan. Thanks!!
You may but you will only have a 1 hour return time when your BG is called and it can be tough getting out of one park, catching a bus to DHS then walking back to RotR in 1 hour. I'd keep a very close on the BGs being called and leave your 'hopped to' park even before your BG is called to ensure you arrive before your return time elapses.

Quick question, I have been practicing at home and usually get the 1pm slots, but at 7am, by the time I pick everyone in my party, it is full. Should I just be going through with just me? I saw where someone said that on the day of, all people with park passes will be automatically selected. Just trying to make the most successful attempts I can.

Quick question, I have been practicing at home and usually get the 1pm slots, but at 7am, by the time I pick everyone in my party, it is full. Should I just be going through with just me? I saw where someone said that on the day of, all people with park passes will be automatically selected. Just trying to make the most successful attempts I can.
Don’t stop to pick anyone. The system will do it for you on the big day. When you are practicing, no one is selected because no one has a ticket and DHS park pass for that practice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter