READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where around Bay Lake Tower or CR has better cell coverage? In my room seems abysmal so I know I won’t have a chance.

0 for 1 practicing at home for my August trip. Wow they went fast. Clicked join at 659 59 using time.gov and it told me it wasn't open yet will try again with no Wifi.

I practiced this morning and would have been successful following everyone's tips! Quick question though, we are traveling with my 2 year old son and obviously he cannot go on the ride. Will I get an error message when my group is preselected and I hit join? Will I have to go back and remove him before joining a BG? Or can I remove him at a later time?

I have HS reservations for the end of June for my boyfriend and I. I’ve never been before, and want to try to get Rise of the Resistance tickets!
What does everyone mean re: “practicing”, and how can I practice?
And, for the actual day of, Do I need to be in the parks to make the reservation? I’ve been searching through the thread, but am confused.

thanks so much in advance!!

0 for 1 practicing at home for my August trip. Wow they went fast. Clicked join at 659 59 using time.gov and it told me it wasn't open yet will try again with no Wifi.
Using time.gov you must wait until exactly 7:00 or you are too early and will most likely lock yourself out of a BG which is what happened this morning.
I practiced this morning and would have been successful following everyone's tips! Quick question though, we are traveling with my 2 year old son and obviously he cannot go on the ride. Will I get an error message when my group is preselected and I hit join? Will I have to go back and remove him before joining a BG? Or can I remove him at a later time?
Your 2 yo will not have a ticket. He will not cause any problems.
I have HS reservations for the end of June for my boyfriend and I. I’ve never been before, and want to try to get Rise of the Resistance tickets!
And, for the actual day of, Do I need to be in the parks to make the reservation? I’ve been searching through the thread, but am confused.

Practice means to try from home to get a BG as if you had a park reservation for DHS. At exactly 7 AM and 1 PM, click 'Join, join, join' from the picture of the AT AT machines on the first page of the MDE app. When practicing you will be the only one selected. This is okay and will change the day you have a park reservation. If when practicing you see a message something like 'Just a Moment, Is everyone here?' then you were successful. If you see a red box stating all BGs are full or go to the screen that shows which BGs are being called then it was not a successful practice

To get a 7AM BG the day you have a park reservation you do not need to be in the park, you can be anywhere. For the 1 PM drop you need to have tapped into DHS to qualify. Once you have tapped in you may go anywhere inside or outside the park and still qualify to try for a BG at the 1PM drop.

Last edited:

You can "practice" getting a BG by clicking all the buttons you would if you were actually trying. You can click all the way through to the last step and then you will either get a "sorry you're not in the park" message (which indicates a successful practice, i.e. you would have gotten a BG) or a red error message that "all BGs are full" (meaning you would not have gotten a BG).

Most people on this thread use the "AT-AT method" which basically just means opening the MDE app and scrolling to the picture below. As soon as your phone clock changes to 7am or 1pm, click on the Join button. Then Join 2 more times on the next 2 screens, as fast as you can without stopping to read anything. Also, don't stop to select or deselect any names. During practice, only the account holder will be selected. But on your actual DHS day, everyone with a DHS park pass will automatically be selected. If you hesitate at all on that page, you won't get a BG.

Reactions: RG3
Using time.gov you must wait until exactly 7:00 or you are too early and will most likely lock yourself out of a BG which is what happened this morning.
Practice means to try from home to get a BG as if you had a park reservation for DHS. At exactly 7 AM and 1 PM, click 'Join, join, join' from the picture of the AT AT machines on the first page of the MDE app. When practicing you will be the only one selected. This is okay and will change the day you have a park reservation. If when practicing you see a message something like 'Just a Moment, Is everyone here?' then you were successful. If you see a red box stating all BGs are full or go to the screen that shows which BGs are being called then it was not a successful practice

To get a 7AM BG the day you have a park reservation you do not need to be in the park, you can be anywhere. For the 1 PM drop you need to have tapped into DHS to qualify. Once you have tapped in you may go anywhere inside or outside the park and still qualify to try for a BG at the 1PM drop.
Oh, thank you! I had no idea that it could work to practice from home.
thanks so much!

Oh, thank you! I had no idea that it could work to practice from home.
thanks so much!
Happy to help! Practice is key as the BGs fill withing 6-7 seconds each drop. My biggest tip when practicing and the day of your park reservation is to just click Join, Join, Join and don't stop to check or read anything or you will be locked out of getting a BG.

Reactions: RG3
Had a successful practice today, I think. No atomic clock or anything, just waited for my phone to turn. Will try tomorrow at work again so I can post a screenshot of the last page and make sure I'm getting it right.

The one thing that made me successful this time: a couple minutes before 7, I went ahead and clicked join, I think this adds some memory to your cache or something so that the page loads a little faster when you do click the first join at 7. Otherwise my app was taking to long to load the next page.

Single mom here going with my two sons (ages 6 and 9). They each have their own phones (no cell service). Should I train my 9 year old so he could help me get a BG? He’s pretty tech savvy. But also he will only be able to use wifi. I would use 5G. I was thinking of using the third phone to count down. I’m also wondering if trying to help him at the same time might distract me from being successful? I’ve only gotten a BG once (successfully) in Disneyland right before covid but that was me and another adult so I’m a little nervous being by myself with my kids.

Single mom here going with my two sons (ages 6 and 9). They each have their own phones (no cell service). Should I train my 9 year old so he could help me get a BG? He’s pretty tech savvy. But also he will only be able to use wifi. I would use 5G. I was thinking of using the third phone to count down. I’m also wondering if trying to help him at the same time might distract me from being successful? I’ve only gotten a BG once (successfully) in Disneyland right before covid but that was me and another adult so I’m a little nervous being by myself with my kids.
I'd show him at home how to do it and I'm guessing he'll be the successful one! Many people report being successful using Disney wifi. Trying to help him day of will most likely shut you out of getting a BG.

So I just did my first at-home 1pm practice, and it's 1:10pm and I'm still seeing the Join button available...?

Does the afternoon queue work differently?

As compared to my 7am practices, where I can see the BGs fill up in like 10 seconds, and the Join button goes away, this seems like something must not be right. I should be seeing the 1pm groups (if any) fill up just as fast, right?

[
So I just did my first at-home 1pm practice, and it's 1:10pm and I'm still seeing the Join button available...?

Does the afternoon queue work differently?

As compared to my 7am practices, where I can see the BGs fill up in like 10 seconds, and the Join button goes away, this seems like something must not be right. I should be seeing the 1pm groups (if any) fill up just as fast, right?

View attachment 582295
it’s happened before where it’ll take awhile to fill up, but last time I remembered was January/February when parks were empty. Not sure why it’s still going 20 minutes plus today.

I’m hoping that soon we’ll have a new “How to Get a BG” thread with clear instructions similar to these, plus a photo of the AT-AT screen, as the very first post. I know it’s being planned!

I’m hoping that soon we’ll have a new “How to Get a BG” thread with clear instructions similar to these, plus a photo of the AT-AT screen, as the very first post. I know it’s being planned!
Everything you need is already posted above on this page. Please take the time to read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter