READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wake up at 5:45, leave the room at 6:10, get distracted by moving gondolas, only to see no CM’s loading, run to bus stop to see DHS bus pulling away.
App showed no more bus loading..
A bus finally arrives at 6:40, get to DHS at 6:55, make it through no bag line and into the right of the park at 6:58. We just stayed 40’ inside.
Of our 4 iPhone XR’s on Sprint LTE, my oldest gets in 1st.
Boarding group 50!

BG61 When can we expect to be boarded. Thinking about going back to the Hotel & take a nap.

I‘ve been tracking this the last few days and BG 60 seems to be called about 11 AM if there aren’t more than the usual number of delays. That would give you until 1 PM to get back to ride.

Of course, you should have your push notifications activated and keep an eye on how boarding is proceeding.

Good luck. I’ll be in the same boat on Saturday wondering if I’ll be able to use a 12:30 PM FP for FOP that I booked before we knew how ROTR loading would work.

We left the resort at 5am today.
It was about a 15 minute walk and freezing.
Security check was a breeze and less than 2 minutes.
There were at least 200 people there at 5:20am. And it was freezing.
All of the lines were beyond the ticket booth at 5:32am.
We were let into the park at 6:20am and held on Sunset Blvd (we wanted to do RNRC/TT since we’ve already experienced Smugglers Run a few times).
At exactly 7am we were able to get group 43! The couple next to us got group 39.
We were on AT&T LTE on two (very old lol) iPhones, not Disney’s Wi-Fi because it was lagging when we tested it out earlier in the line.
We didn’t close the app and reopen at 7am. Instead we kept the app opened and just went back and forth between the MDE home page and the RotR page.
I’m excited to ride but I will probably never do this again. If people are going to arrive before 5am even with the virtual line, Disney might as well allow a first come first serve situation. I wouldn’t show up as early as I did but I definitely wouldn’t just show up 30 minutes before 7am either. If you were at the very end of the line it would probably take 30 minutes to get to a Mickey head.

I tried “practicing” getting a BG today, since I’ll be there in one week, and I am so relieved to see the initial BG’s last more than a minute!

Off topic, I’ve seen people mentioning that they can see bus status in the app. This is my first time back in two years, so that’s new to me. I can’t find where to see that in the app. Where is that?

We left the resort at 5am today.
It was about a 15 minute walk and freezing.
Security check was a breeze and less than 2 minutes.
There were at least 200 people there at 5:20am. And it was freezing.
All of the lines were beyond the ticket booth at 5:32am.
We were let into the park at 6:20am and held on Sunset Blvd (we wanted to do RNRC/TT since we’ve already experienced Smugglers Run a few times).
At exactly 7am we were able to get group 43! The couple next to us got group 39.
We were on AT&T LTE on two (very old lol) iPhones, not Disney’s Wi-Fi because it was lagging when we tested it out earlier in the line.
We didn’t close the app and reopen at 7am. Instead we kept the app opened and just went back and forth between the MDE home page and the RotR page.
I’m excited to ride but I will probably never do this again. If people are going to arrive before 5am even with the virtual line, Disney might as well allow a first come first serve situation. I wouldn’t show up as early as I did but I definitely wouldn’t just show up 30 minutes before 7am either. If you were at the very end of the line it would probably take 30 minutes to get to a Mickey head.

Reports from people onsite seem to indicate that it doesn’t take anywhere close to 30 minutes to get to a Mickey head if you arrive at 6:30.

Wow, wake up at 5:45, leave the room at 6:10, get distracted by moving gondolas, only to see no CM’s loading, run to bus stop to see DHS bus pulling away.
App showed no more bus loading..
A bus finally arrives at 6:40, get to DHS at 6:55, make it through no bag line and into the right of the park at 6:58. We just stayed 40’ inside.
Of our 4 iPhone XR’s on Sprint LTE, my oldest gets in 1st.
Boarding group 50!
Which resort?

Reports from people onsite seem to indicate that it doesn’t take anywhere close to 30 minutes to get to a Mickey head if you arrive at 6:30.

Well I’m also onsite and I’m telling my experience. A lot of people had technical issues and they used fingerprinting today which is probably why the line was slower.

I tried “practicing” getting a BG today, since I’ll be there in one week, and I am so relieved to see the initial BG’s last more than a minute!
Off topic, I’ve seen people mentioning that they can see bus status in the app. This is my first time back in two years, so that’s new to me. I can’t find where to see that in the app. Where is that?

That only shows up on MDE when you are actually staying at a resort, and you can only see it for your resort. I’ve also found that it can be a little unreliable very early in the morning, but it can help to know when exactly to leave your room to go to the bus stop.

Last edited:
So one of you got there at 5:20 and got group 42 and one if you got there (in) at 6:58 and got group 50. But I get that the folks that got there at 6:58 will have long lines for the other rides, and those that got there super early will be at the front for those other rides...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter