READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ok, but it’s only been open around a month, and 15 min is somewhat better but still Ridiculous IMO. I made FPs a month ago and did early afternoon, figuring we could hopefully do ROTR and SR, and possibly even some other rides before using our FPs and going from there. Now it looks like we’ll have to get up at the crack of dawn to go over and hope to get a spot, and the park will be too crowded to ride anything (we won’t wait more than maybe 45 min and that would be under duress) so we’ll have too much time to kill but barely enough to leave and come back (staying at the GF, so no quick and easy way over). On top of that we have twin toddlers and had planned to get a sitter to cover this, but now in order to do that we would probably have to have the sitter booked from like 6 am - after park closing to be sure it covered getting there for the BG and getting called and riding. I need time to digest this, but for right now I’m really contemplating bagging it and not riding this trip. Sorry to be so negative, but I’m just feeling really discouraged and annoyed right now that I have to go through so many hoops just to ride 1 ride. Then how long do we have to wait to ride once they call our BG? Is this how it’s always going to be for huge openings from now on? I have to say, our early December trip was mainly to universal and to my surprise I think I might have a new favorite, and I know my kids do.

Hi @ninafeliz - while a bit presumptuous on my part, we’ve been in enough of the same corners of the DIS long enough that I think we may have similar park styles/outlooks. We were really debating hard whether we wanted to devote the time to try, and you can chalk me up as one who didn’t love the process (I’ll caveat that my day was the first that saw regular BGs fill super fast and we had tech/concession issues).

This thing has different habits and trends that emerge every day. I’d keep an eye on experiences as you get closer to your date to see what’s up. 2/5 is, in theory, a lower crowd time so maybe things will have settled down a bit.

FYI, my wait once we scanned in for our BG was around 55 minutes at around 7:20pm, but exact waits will vary. Early BGs have had shorter waits. Any downtime can create longer waits.

Warning: It's hard to search ROTR on twitter and avoid mild spoilers if you're a big-time "spoiler purist" but there are some really upset people out there over the parts of the experience they were missing out on today. Difficult situation all around - do you shutdown the whole thing over a missing part? The biggest criticism was the lack of communication about what was happening and what they would be missing.

I'm avoiding POV videos but not a "spoiler purist" so to speak so I read through a lot of the complaints and comments. It sounds like Disney was in a lose/lose situation today. My question: How long will these elements be missing??

I hate it when the bridge is not working at K.S over at AK.
In an effort to not spoil anything, from what i've read, the portion of the RotR experience that was missing today provided a lot of the backstory on why you were there and what you were about to go through. It seems it possibly put a damper on a lot of the immersion that the ride is touted on.

(Also - I hate when that's not working too, lol!)

Warning: It's hard to search ROTR on twitter and avoid mild spoilers if you're a big-time "spoiler purist" but there are some really upset people out there over the parts of the experience they were missing out on today. Difficult situation all around - do you shutdown the whole thing over a missing part? The biggest criticism was the lack of communication about what was happening and what they would be missing.

I'm avoiding POV videos but not a "spoiler purist" so to speak so I read through a lot of the complaints and comments. It sounds like Disney was in a lose/lose situation today. My question: How long will these elements be missing??

It's definitely a tough situation. I think if it is a crucial part of the ride then I think ideally they would tell you before you ride and give you the option to wait and see if they fix it and come back later. Tough part is what if they can't fix it that day? Or for the next day?

And who decides what is "crucial"? Some things might be obvious but others more of a gray area

So I definitely can understand people who experienced this being upset but also think Disney is in a tough spot

It's definitely a tough situation. I think if it is a crucial part of the ride then I think ideally they would tell you before you ride and give you the option to wait and see if they fix it and come back later. Tough part is what if they can't fix it that day? Or for the next day?

And who decides what is "crucial"? Some things might be obvious but others more of a gray area

So I definitely can understand people who experienced this being upset but also think Disney is in a tough spot
I agree - If I were there today, I would absolutely have wanted to ride with whatever they could offer. There's no guaranty of when I'd be back (even if I plan to go every year). I'd imagine some of the more frustrated folks are perhaps frequent visitors or maybe APholders who know they can visit frequently and were upset that the morning they chose to wake up early they were dealt a bad hand. For the average vacationer they may only have 1 day at DHS period so you take what you can get, right?

Just since the discussion of evenings at DHS has come up in this thread, DS was at HS this evening. Posted wait time for MF:SR was 75 minutes. The wait ended up being about 25 minutes. This was around 7:30 p.m. He didn't even wait until park close. It was his first time in SWGE and on MF:SR. He loved it!

Just since the discussion of evenings at DHS has come up in this thread, DS was at HS this evening. Posted wait time for MF:SR was 75 minutes. The wait ended up being about 25 minutes. This was around 7:30 p.m. He didn't even wait until park close. It was his first time in SWGE and on MF:SR. He loved it!
I don't want to get off topic of course, but curious, which role did DS do? I was engineer this morning, was pretty fun. Obviously would love to be pilot if i get to go again, but just curious.

We’re going on Feb 5 and I’ve been off of the boards since our last visit in early December because of Christmas and a few other things. I just came on to check on how things are going for this ride since we wanted to ride it, and read the first posts. Am I reading this correctly??? For the last couple of days boarding groups were full 1 or 2 minutes after the official opening?? So we have to get there at like 6:00 am to make sure we are inside the park prior to 7, and then if our phone or the app glitches we miss out anyway? That’s crazy, if it’s correct. It kind of makes me just not care, that’s ridiculous for one ride. I’m hoping I’m missing something, and need to read more posts or something?
You can arrive to the park 15 mins before official open and be fine.

We had the same experience re:timing on MFSR. The theming is absolutely tremendous, but big missed opportunity to create a true-to-the-film gunner experience that we all dream of trying.

Hey, conquering It's a Small World is something to be proud of! A few years ago when my youngest son was 10, we rode it for the first time in his memory (he was 4 the actual first time) and he just kept looking around with wide eyes saying "This is terrifying!!"
I'm with you all on this. There are very few rides that I would legitimately dread getting stuck on, but IASW tops the list. Love the art style, but that song....

That’s what is so odd to me...they seemingly flooded the line with 3 hours worth of people suddenly with only 2 hours left in operations.
I've noticed what seems to be a banding effect after a shut down where they start rolling through BGs quickly, but in reality may just be stacking the line. When we rode, the BGs were stalled at 88 in the late afternoon for awhile - then in the next couple of hours they jumped to around 135 by 6-ish. The line was spilling out into the plaza and seemed to use up all of the outside queue for the ride. It took us 90 minutes from getting in line to getting off the ride. When we left, we noticed the BGs called had slowed and the outside queue was empty with the new arrivals headed straight into the covered section of the line. Something to watch for when waiting for your BG to be called - especially since the pacing of the queue towards the end works a lot better for immersion if you're not waiting too long (without spoilers - we were stopped for about 15 minutes in a packed corridor midway through the pre-show queue elements - it was too long and really just reminded us we were in line - there was no sense of anticipation concerning what we were told was about to happen and it was more "standing in line at the DMV waiting to be processed" annoying).

I think when it’s something pretty integral to the story like what was bypassed today, the whole thing should shut down. The immersive aspect of this attraction is (I think at least) what is drawing people in.

I would be annoyed if I went through all that effort to get on this thing and I didn’t get the full experience. I would rather get called that much later in the day, or be given a FP for the next day if it came down to that.

I think when it’s something pretty integral to the story like what was bypassed today, the whole thing should shut down. The immersive aspect of this attraction is (I think at least) what is drawing people in.

I would be annoyed if I went through all that effort to get on this thing and I didn’t get the full experience. I would rather get called that much later in the day, or be given a FP for the next day if it came down to that.
True but what if it’s the last day of your trip or your last day at DHS. Perhaps the best move would have been to give people the option. Those with flexibility could’ve been given a next day FP. Those without flexibility could’ve ridden. I’m not sure how they could communicated that without giving things away but I guess that’s what this whole debate comes down to haha.

True but what if it’s the last day of your trip or your last day at DHS. Perhaps the best move would have been to give people the option. Those with flexibility could’ve been given a next day FP. Those without flexibility could’ve ridden. I’m not sure how they could communicated that without giving things away but I guess that’s what this whole debate comes down to haha.

Maybe I’m just worried that they’ll get comfortable running it with its equivalent of Disco Yeti.

I’m team do it right or not at all, for better or worse. 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter