READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why each day there seems to be less and less regular boarding groups ? I’m worried by the time I get there (feb 4th - with a park opening time of 9am) there will hardly any regular boarding groups so they are all going to fill up in less than a minute again 😱
I’m not sure you’re drawing good conclusions here 🤣 Take a step back and look at how many total BGs they are accommodating. That’s all that really matters most days. On 92% of the days in the last month or so, if you get one of the first 105 BGs you will ride (whether it’s a regular or backup)!

Just something strange that I can now glean from the chart. Here are the number of Regular BGs that Disney has issued each day over the past week:

SAT - 120
SUN - 115
MON - 125
TUE - 105
WED - 105
THU - 100
FRI - 90

I know all of this data analysis doesn't mean a whole lot, I just enjoy looking at numbers in general.

One thing that came to mind over your dates is that the park closings have been getting earlier this week, so less total park hours.

SAT - 15 hours
SUN - 14 hours
MON - 14 hours
TUE - 13 hours
WED - 13 hours
THU - 13 hours
FRI - 13 hours

But marrying up that data to your dates doesn't really fit the regular BG count trend variations, so obviously more factors in play other than total open park hours (such as recovery FPs and whatever else they are using), if total open park hours is even a factor at all.

Just FYI, Disney did update their park calendar for February today in the 'normal' second Friday of the month prior park calendar update. The only changes were at MK, none at DHS.

That doesn't necessarily tell us much since they've been adjusting DHS hours in non-traditional patterns on not much advance notice, but just pointing out that no DHS hours updates for Feb happened today, a day when park hours are often updated for the following month. And the main point of this being the park calendar still has 9am openings for every day in Feb except 2/1 (which is 8am). Something to watch.

Another guess would be a multiple of 32...per ride vehicle's leaving a certain point. Maybe 64 or 96...after all 32 would be a boarding group..:-)

So I thought now that I’m waiting for dinner I thought I would share my tale of not so fun shenanigans to ride Rise of the Resistance this trip and why I asked about filing a complaint. A big note about me: it takes a lot to piss me off and get me angry like today and I really hate filing complaints. I would much rather go by GR to leave a compliment. In fact that’s usually why I’m in GR is to file a compliment while everything that happened is fresh.

6:45 AM Thursday morning finish the 5k get the medal and immediately start walking to where the Lyft pickup for Epcot is shortly before 7 picked up and I have my Boarding Group by 7:13.

~2:30pm: Ride goes down again for the second time that day and knowing I need to get to Animal Kingdom for the tour but not sure if I’ll make it back in time I go to Guest Relations to plead my case knowing there’s a chance. Am assigned a FP that works with the ride. After this is where the problems start.

6:30: Tour finished I arrive back at Hollywood Studios after going there straight from the tour and head straight for the ride. Find out it’s down, again. And they aren’t going to admit anyone else tonight. They’re giving out recovery FPs to anyone who was in the BGs already called (standard protocol for the ride when it goes down for the night without all of the initial boarding groups having been finished) which mine was. Knowing I have an FP from earlier I approach and speak to two cast members to confirm it will work tomorrow. Both say yes and one even checks his iPad to make sure. I grab a ride on Smugglers and Slinky Dog with my DAS and then head out

10:00 am Friday: Finished the 10k have the app open to link my photos and decide to check the FP. It’s now vanished from my account. Great back to Guest Relations then.

1:00 pm: Arrive at DHS after catching a nap. Long arduous conversation with the CM. It’s clear from the start that they didn’t want to reenstate the FP. Had to fill out some paperwork. About ready to start crying from being tired and just how much time effort I’ve put into trying to get this ride. I make the comment about what the two different CMs who didn’t even have a chance to talk to each other told me. But I clearly can tell the CM whether or not she realizes it is shutting down on me and I won’t get any further with this. And I doubt her supervisor would help in fact it might make it worse. So I take the FP and leave.

By the time I arrived at ROTR I had gone from upset to fuming and angry so much I didn’t start to calm down until the first pre show room. I had spent plenty of prep time reading about standard recovery enough time in this thread to know that when the ride goes down the standard is to issue a recovery FP if your in a BG that’s already been called. I was not in the wrong to be asking for it to get it reinstated but the way it went down made me feel that way.

Still love the ride but boy was this a mess.

I don't understand "First Boarding Group Called". Don't they start with #1? What happened to people in the BG's below the first one called? Somebody please educate me.

I don't understand "First Boarding Group Called". Don't they start with #1? What happened to people in the BG's below the first one called? Somebody please educate me.
They have only assigned group 1 the first 2 sundays, all the other days the first groups have been like 5 and above
You can see what the first bg number was if you check the app before 9am when the park opens at 7

Rides still amazing. So worth the trouble even after all that happened

Eh I had to drop my BB8 balloon off for my time in AK so I decided to do it while it was still fresh. Got another recovery FP out of it for the AK rides. (for the record that was not an incentive for the stop just a bonus). Glad I knew about this thread so I could make a few points about knowing how they normally handle BGs that aren’t backup and don’t get to ride.
:( I'm sorry you had a bad time with GR, and it's good you complained--it can be hard to stand up for yourself that way and I can't say for sure whether I would have been up to that challenge myself.

Wi-fi or Data to try for a BG?

I'm from Canada and wasn't going to get a data plan but maybe I will. This is becoming an expensive ride!
If you do decide to pay for better access, I'd suggest doing a price comparison on data plan vs. renting a pocket wifi device. I rented one when I went to England and was very happy with it--it uses local cellular data to generate a wifi hotspot you can carry with you.

They have only assigned group 1 the first 2 sundays, all the other days the first groups have been like 5 and above
You can see what the first bg number was if you check the app before 9am when the park opens at 7
Thanks. That seems very odd and inexplicable.

So I thought now that I’m waiting for dinner I thought I would share my tale of not so fun shenanigans to ride Rise of the Resistance this trip and why I asked about filing a complaint. A big note about me: it takes a lot to piss me off and get me angry like today and I really hate filing complaints. I would much rather go by GR to leave a compliment. In fact that’s usually why I’m in GR is to file a compliment while everything that happened is fresh.

6:45 AM Thursday morning finish the 5k get the medal and immediately start walking to where the Lyft pickup for Epcot is shortly before 7 picked up and I have my Boarding Group by 7:13.

~2:30pm: Ride goes down again for the second time that day and knowing I need to get to Animal Kingdom for the tour but not sure if I’ll make it back in time I go to Guest Relations to plead my case knowing there’s a chance. Am assigned a FP that works with the ride. After this is where the problems start.

6:30: Tour finished I arrive back at Hollywood Studios after going there straight from the tour and head straight for the ride. Find out it’s down, again. And they aren’t going to admit anyone else tonight. They’re giving out recovery FPs to anyone who was in the BGs already called (standard protocol for the ride when it goes down for the night without all of the initial boarding groups having been finished) which mine was. Knowing I have an FP from earlier I approach and speak to two cast members to confirm it will work tomorrow. Both say yes and one even checks his iPad to make sure. I grab a ride on Smugglers and Slinky Dog with my DAS and then head out

10:00 am Friday: Finished the 10k have the app open to link my photos and decide to check the FP. It’s now vanished from my account. Great back to Guest Relations then.

1:00 pm: Arrive at DHS after catching a nap. Long arduous conversation with the CM. It’s clear from the start that they didn’t want to reenstate the FP. Had to fill out some paperwork. About ready to start crying from being tired and just how much time effort I’ve put into trying to get this ride. I make the comment about what the two different CMs who didn’t even have a chance to talk to each other told me. But I clearly can tell the CM whether or not she realizes it is shutting down on me and I won’t get any further with this. And I doubt her supervisor would help in fact it might make it worse. So I take the FP and leave.

By the time I arrived at ROTR I had gone from upset to fuming and angry so much I didn’t start to calm down until the first pre show room. I had spent plenty of prep time reading about standard recovery enough time in this thread to know that when the ride goes down the standard is to issue a recovery FP if your in a BG that’s already been called. I was not in the wrong to be asking for it to get it reinstated but the way it went down made me feel that way.

Sorry. I am happy you got to ride :)
Honestly I can't understand why they were so resistant to re-instating your FP. Maybe they can only see stuff that still exists in the system, but can't see any history to confirm your details?

If they can see a history then there shouldn't be a problem. You showed up to HS 2 different mornings, had to leave for separate ticket event, you returned but the ride went down, and you've still haven't gotten to ride at all... issues that when considered together make me think they'd want to help.

Sorry you had to go through this. There is so much planning involved every time and with RoTR is getting even harder, plus you were tired. Glad you could ride it at the end and now you are enjoying dinner!

source.gif

Last edited:
Have fun! we have a group of 9 going. Did you select all 11 people at once or did you break it into two groups? Trying to find the best strategy for big groups and haven’t seen much info. Thanks!
Man, today was a long day! But after all my hard work practicing paid off 😂. It turns out that our group, 15, turned out to be the first group called. BUT, we went on SR and then had a FP for ToT so we waited for about an hour after they called the group for us to go. But! Turns out that they had some troubles at the start, so I feel really thankful that the full ride was up by the time we got there. Actually - I have no idea if it was because I tried so hard to avoid spoilers. But pretty sure we saw all of it. We had all 11 of us signed into my account. And three other people in Maryland trying. 😭 In the end, it was me, using my iPhone 10 on AT&T who got the boarding group. 🏆 Some in my group had a lot of problems refreshing the app. We were standing in the line to waiting to get on SR, in front of a theater. My service was great. Everyone loved the day. We are exhausted. Thank you!!

Attachments

• B2EC4710-3B02-4AB6-BD85-AA9854EF4225.jpeg
    B2EC4710-3B02-4AB6-BD85-AA9854EF4225.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 99
Has anyone driven from Fort Wilderness to HS during the marathon? We have our car and just want to give enough time to get there and get in with plenty of time for BG. Just don't know what roads are closed and our normal route to HS will change. We are planning to go Sunday.

Has anyone driven from Fort Wilderness to HS during the marathon? We have our car and just want to give enough time to get there and get in with plenty of time for BG. Just don't know what roads are closed and our normal route to HS will change. We are planning to go Sunday.

I found this labeled Google Map of road closures very helpful: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1j_uOkdtjTQ1PaxD0iVMKpZ6iYZsaoswp&ll=28.36917490743284,-81.54589766748819&z=15

Toggle the legend on the left to select the Full Marathon.

From FW, I ‘think’ (key word) you’ll take a left on Vista Blvd, right on Bonnet Creek Pkwy, Right on E Buena Vista Dr, left on Victory Way, then a right into DHS.

Man, today was a long day! But after all my hard work practicing paid off 😂. It turns out that our group, 15, turned out to be the first group called. BUT, we went on SR and then had a FP for ToT so we waited for about an hour after they called the group for us to go. But! Turns out that they had some troubles at the start, so I feel really thankful that the full ride was up by the time we got there. Actually - I have no idea if it was because I tried so hard to avoid spoilers. But pretty sure we saw all of it. We had all 11 of us signed into my account. And three other people in Maryland trying. 😭 In the end, it was me, using my iPhone 10 on AT&T who got the boarding group. 🏆 Some in my group had a lot of problems refreshing the app. We were standing in the line to waiting to get on SR, in front of a theater. My service was great. Everyone loved the day. We are exhausted. Thank you!!

Great picture! I’m glad it all worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter