READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got boardin group 8. Was called at 9:52 and had to return by 10:52. Aren’t able to make it as we thought we would have more time and just got out of bed at 9:45. We are heading out of the room now just in case we have a chance
you'll be fine but this is a good example of why you have to be ready, at 7am if you get a low bg you know you will be called very close to park opening. In all honesty a low bg number is best as the attraction seems to see downtime after around noon

So I am hoping to understand the differences between those of you I quoted. Did you have:

1. One person in your party trying trying to secure a boarding group for everyone in your party this morning?

OR

2. Multiple people in your party trying to secure a boarding group for everyone in your party this morning?

Thanks!

Just tried the new process. Big fail. Got in and it said “no park reservation found” even though we all have park reservations and there are no additional people on my list.
Just got BG1 from bed at Riviera. Awesome morning so far. Process worked exactly the same as previous practices, and party was already selected. Now time for coffee and a shower before heading to DHS!

Edit: Wow I feel very lucky this morning. So sorry to everyone having issues.
Got group 1! My daughter is fast on the trigger. She didn’t have to add all of our names, they all popped up together.
At the campground got BG 49 right at 7:00. Yeah! 😄

well, it really depends, sometimes they just get a sympathetic ear to vent their frustration, a "we are sorry but there's nothing we can do" sentence
some get a guest recovery fp for another attraction
some get a bg

I feel like they need a more unified front from their Cast Members. When word gets out that they're putting people in BGs due to app glitches, that's how you wind it with lines for guest services that wrap around the park. Personally, the one time I tried talking to guest relations when I couldn't get the BG, the CM told me that under no circumstance can they put you on if you don't get it through the app, but I understand that mileage may vary based on the sob story and the CM that you get. But at least, she was helpful with tutoring me on how to use it, and I was able to get on at 2:00 on my own merits.

I feel like they need a more unified front from their Cast Members. When word gets out that they're putting people in BGs due to app glitches, that's how you wind it with lines for guest services that wrap around the park. Personally, the one time I tried talking to guest relations when I couldn't get the BG, the CM told me that under no circumstance can they put you on if you don't get it through the app, but I understand that mileage may vary based on the sob story and the CM that you get. But at least, she was helpful with tutoring me on how to use it, and I was able to get on at 2:00 on my own merits.
This is the case in all customer service positions. Again, tomorrow the system should run smoother

I’m wondering how many people will get boarding groups and be no shows.

I”m sure there are a number of AP locals who have booked HS for today, but who won’t get around to making it there.

you'll be fine but this is a good example of why you have to be ready, at 7am if you get a low bg you know you will be called very close to park opening. In all honesty a low bg number is best as the attraction seems to see downtime after around noon

We didn’t end up making it from Pop to DHS until about 11:05 because the skyliner line had a major issue with organization sending people all over the wrong spots and people cutting. We were there on Friday and got group 34 so we have already rode it. Was honestly shocked I got group 8 and was hoping for a little higher boarding group knowing we were going to be having an easy morning taking our time to get to the park since it is our last day. We could have made it had we rushed but we weren’t focused on it today. More of a laid back approach today.

We didn’t end up making it from Pop to DHS until about 11:05 because the skyliner line had a major issue with organization sending people all over the wrong spots and people cutting. We were there on Friday and got group 34 so we have already rode it. Was honestly shocked I got group 8 and was hoping for a little higher boarding group knowing we were going to be having an easy morning taking our time to get to the park since it is our last day. We could have made it had we rushed but we weren’t focused on it today. More of a laid back approach today.
Did you try and board?

Just thinking out loud but wondering if in cases like yours where you obtained a BG but were not able to use it if it will mean more BGs than normal will be issued at 2:00? Technically they would have been able to get through BGs faster with less people arriving in time to use their BGs? Guess only time will tell.

Just thinking out loud but wondering if in cases like yours where you obtained a BG but were not able to use it if it will mean more BGs than normal will be issued at 2:00? Technically they would have been able to get through BGs faster with less people arriving in time to use their BGs? Guess only time will tell.
They don't, they start with a set number of bg each day. Specifically because of issues like this, if people miss their time for whatever reason, they still allow them to board

Last edited:
I just had a thought, the people that had problems with no reservation, did you have multiple people trying for a boarding group? The post a few posts ago the kids got it but not the parents. I wonder if multiple people are trying no it screws up the system.
I tried on my phone from our room in Boardwalk just using my phone. The kids got BG’s and we didn’t. Called on the phone and they couldn’t help. The line at Guest relations At HS was a mile long, so I went to the blue guest experience team umbrella. They added My wife and I to the kids BG. On the phone they couldn’t add us, in park there were no issues adding us.

So were you and your kids trying on different devices? Or did the system only recognize your kids as having park reservations?

We had until 11:10 and we were called around 10:10 and the two people in my group who got in (I didn’t because it said I didn’t have a reservation) didn’t get a push notification that it was our time until 10:25. We got to the park basically right at 11:10 and we rode and were off around 11:45.

So the sense I’m getting is one should not be cavalier about getting to the park even though you already (may) have a BG. You may not have to be there early but certainly within an hour of opening.

So the sense I’m getting is one should not be cavalier about getting to the park even though you already (may) have a BG. You may not have to be there early but certainly within an hour of opening.
Well not if you have bg 30 or after and you'll know that by 7am

So it also looks like on the app that there is walk-up availability at numerous restaurants including Ogas. That's definitely an improvement if true. Hopeful improvement due to the new reservation system.

So it also looks like on the app that there is walk-up availability at numerous restaurants including Ogas. That's definitely an improvement if true. Hopeful improvement due to the new reservation system.
Doesn’t say how much time is available though. It gives error messages and says not so fast! When you try to join. The app is all kinds of messed up right now for the dining reservations today. We walked over to Ogas after riding and they told us no walk ups today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter