• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really embarrassing, but. . .

I don't mean to add to your anxiety, but during one of our AK visits, DD and I were standing on a pathway near "It's Tough to be a Bug", when a duck decided it had had enough of the pond it was in and, quite suddenly, flew over the pathway where we were standing. On it's way over, it grazed DD's head, SERIOUSLY freaking her out! After that, she had a very hard time relaxing and enjoying the park, so I'm sure she would sympathize with you.
Birds are nice, birds are our friends, but if they freak you out they freak you out! Don't force yourself into an uncomfortable situation while you are on vacation; it's suppose to be fun. For the same reason, I will never plan a vacation that involves putting my head under water - that would be MY "irrational" fear. :scared:

I can't remember the name of the area at the moment, but there is an area at MGM, at the base of the walkways to ToT and RnRR that is an outdoor eating area with a farmer's market theme. There is a turkey leg stand there.

LOTS of birds hang around that area looking for handouts. There is one crane, in particular, that is very bold about looking for goodies, but he won't eat anything but turkey! When we were there, there were a lot of children trying to feed it bread, but it was tossing away anything that wasn't turkey. I'd never before seen a bird that was on a strict poultry-only diet! :confused:

In Frontierland at MK, the large birds flocked around us to get bits of our turkey legs. Isn't that cannibalism for birds? :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter