Recent Elopements at the resort?

Dandisney

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

We're looking to elope next summer! And with the recent changes in the past few years, eloping via WDW is $$.

Has anyone used any of the outside companies that still setup the wedding on the Disney property? (Resort, not park)

Specifically if anyone has used the local Orlando company: "Easy-Elope"

From the sounds of it as long as you have a Disney resort reservation you can do the elopement at the resort.

Thanks!

They would not allow that. It is no different than going to any other private property and setting up a wedding without their permission. You might get away with it if you are sneaky, but is it worth breaking their rules and risk getting trespassed? I would just get married at your local courthouse and then honeymoon at Disney. Or pay Disney wedding services.

I would steer clear. I am a professional photographer and Disney weddings, even small ones (even just the couple) are not allowed on Disney property (not even just a resort) without going through Disney directly. Disney guards the wedding marker carefully because they sell Disney weddings as unique experiences for those who are willing to pay.

If you look at the Disney photos on the website for Easy-elope the people are mostly in clothing that passes for street clothing. I’m going to guess these were staged photo shoots, not actual weddings. I have still been unable to find an actual review for this company either.

Additional red flags- their Facebook shows one wedding on Disney property, and whoever Gina and Bryan are, not one person liked or shared that post. Do you know many Disney brides who wouldn’t want family and friends to be all over that (especially who couldn’t come to the 4 person wedding)? More street clothes in those photos as well (and I’m not saying that people don’t elope or get married in street clothes- my wedding dress was $89 on Amazon- but if this is supposedly okay with Disney, where are the other Disney weddings? Where are the fancier weddings? Where are the 4 guests because not one photo shows a guest or officiant).

Sounds a little sketchy to me. There’s lots of ways to get married in the Disney Area. I would try to check out an approved site

Just Marry! Is a reputable local company that does less expensive weddings on Disney property, at places like the Swan and Paddlefish. Another is Sensational Ceremonies.

Additional red flags- their Facebook shows one wedding on Disney property, and whoever Gina and Bryan are, not one person liked or shared that post. Do you know many Disney brides who wouldn’t want family and friends to be all over that (especially who couldn’t come to the 4 person wedding)? More street clothes in those photos as well (and I’m not saying that people don’t elope or get married in street clothes- my wedding dress was $89 on Amazon- but if this is supposedly okay with Disney, where are the other Disney weddings? Where are the fancier weddings? Where are the 4 guests because not one photo shows a guest or officiant).
Isn’t an elopement when a couple run away and get married in secret, which surely means no guests? Maybe the meaning is different in the U.K.? In the U.K. English people traditionally run away to Gretna Green in Scotland. It’s the first village over the border and Scotland allows children to marry at 16 or 17 without parental consent.

Isn’t an elopement when a couple run away and get married in secret, which surely means no guests? Maybe the meaning is different in the U.K.? In the U.K. English people traditionally run away to Gretna Green in Scotland. It’s the first village over the border and Scotland allows children to marry at 16 or 17 without parental consent.
Yes, that is what it should be. Some seem to be using that term for small weddings now. To me, a small wedding is just a small wedding. Elopement is when you go get married in secret, usually at the courthouse. You still need your 2 witnesses where I live. But to me, elopement is going and getting married and then coming home and saying "surprise, we got married". This may be what the OP is doing.

When we were staying at Port Orleans a while back we saw Elvis marry a couple down by the river in a gazebo. It all happened within 15 minutes and it was just the 3 of them. At 7:30am hardly anybody was around anyway. We only knew it was a wedding because DH talked to them after Elvis left.

Honestly I don’t see the harm for this particular scenario. The couple was staying at the resort. There is the risk though. It isn’t technically allowed so you‘d need to be willing to take that chance. But I think if you’re not inconveniencing anyone (like asking people to get out of your wedding pictures lol), are not trespassing (staying there) and quick about it… nobody cares (except the couple… Congratulations!).

Absolutely, but ONE photo, and no guests? What are they paying $1200 for in that case?

In Florida you don't even need witnesses anymore, just the officiant. So that's only $100 not including anything else wanted.

Thanks all! This is exactly what I was hoping for. It seemed to good to be true... especially without finding any reviews online.

Going to check out "Just Marry!" Does anyone else have experience with them?

Thanks all! This is exactly what I was hoping for. It seemed to good to be true... especially without finding any reviews online.

Here are all my interviews with couples who used Just Marry. They get rave reviews because they are much more personalized and hands-on than Disney. https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/?s=swan

Here are all my interviews with couples who used Just Marry. They get rave reviews because they are much more personalized and hands-on than Disney. https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/?s=swan
These all seem to be weddings that Disney has planned. That is a huge difference between having Disney wedding services and just setting up a whole wedding on private property. This company does not plan independent weddings on Disney property, they work WITH the Disney planners as a go between Disney and the couple. So you are literally paying for 2 planners, Disney and this company. That is completely different than what the OP is asking for. The OP is asking to bypass Disney prices and have someone set up a wedding on Disney property, which is not allowed.

These all seem to be weddings that Disney has planned. ...
I think you need to look again! The interviews I linked to are all weddings at the Swan & Dolphin, which are NOT planned by Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, because the Swan and Dolphin resort is not owned by Disney. Just Marry is an independent, local wedding planning team that has an arrangement with the Swan & Dolphin to plan weddings there. They also plan weddings at several of the non-Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs. All totally legit, because Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings doesn't offer weddings at any of those venues either.

That said, it is true that Disney has a policy against guerilla weddings on property and requires you to use Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings for weddings at Disney-owned resorts and parks!

I think you need to look again! The interviews I linked to are all weddings at the Swan & Dolphin, which are NOT planned by Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, because the Swan and Dolphin resort is not owned by Disney. Just Marry is an independent, local wedding planning team that has an arrangement with the Swan & Dolphin to plan weddings there. They also plan weddings at several of the non-Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs. All totally legit, because Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings doesn't offer weddings at any of those venues either.

That said, it is true that Disney has a policy against guerilla weddings on property and requires you to use Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings for weddings at Disney-owned resorts and parks!
But that is the same concept, that the property owners, be it Disney or the Swan and Dolphin, are in on the wedding. None of these people are sneaking around and planning a wedding behind Disney's (or S&D)back. Which is what the OP is asking for. They didn't want to pay the Disney prices and are looking for someone to plan a wedding on Disney's property on the sly, which can get you kicked out and banned. Not sure why we are having communication issues on this.

That's who I'm currently emailing, so I'm looking for feedback and reviews too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter