refund watch 2014

Let's hope they're as quick as last year. Last year I filed, it was accepted on the first day they were accepting returns, and I had my refund the following Friday.

Today, 1/31, is the first day the IRS is accepting returns. I checked the site IRS.gov, and they said my return has been accepted. Hoping to have my refund to pay off some bills next week (they ONLY do direct deposit on Fridays!)

I could cry...my DS23 just told me we can't claim him as a dependent this year. We are still waiting for a W-2 so I don't know how it will affect us yet.

We get money back from the state of WI, but have to turn around and give it to the Federal government, plus another $300 OOP.:sad:

We are getting a bit back from state but owe the Feds so I am not in a hurry to file for the first time ever....

Let's hope they're as quick as last year. Last year I filed, it was accepted on the first day they were accepting returns, and I had my refund the following Friday.

Today, 1/31, is the first day the IRS is accepting returns. I checked the site IRS.gov, and they said my return has been accepted. Hoping to have my refund to pay off some bills next week (they ONLY do direct deposit on Fridays!)

I hope you're right! Mine was accepted January 27. Thanks for the info about Friday deposits, I didn't know that.

Will meet with our new CPA on Monday and then go back to sign. I am getting ready to retire in the next 2 years so we have lots of questions as to how that will effect future taxes, take home pay, etc.

We filed on Tuesday and it is saying received on the Wheres My refund? Hopefully it will be accepted in the next few days.

Does anyone have a link to the refund cycle schedule? I used to get them every year where I used to work. I can't find one for this year, though.

It would show "if your return was accepted between ____ and ____, you will have your direct deposit on _____ or your check will be mailed on _____"

It was great. Figures, the first time I really NEED this, I can't find it! :sad2:

E-filed about a week ago, and saw that the fed return was accepted today. No word yet on the state one. Going to take some of the big fed return and go see a number cruncher to find out what we need to do in order to seriously lower the amount of our refund. I hate having to wait for it at the end of the year. Would much rather have it back in the form of more cash each payday to put towards bills.

Has anyone used h&r block and got accepted?
Their Facebook page is a mess.
Rumors are all over it saying they lost the efiles.
I filed yesterday and it says it was transmitted on hnr site. So I'm thinking I'm good and just need to wait. Still not accepted tho.
I was hoping to get in the first batch honestly... My furnace could use some oil, this cold snap has kicked our butts.

Has anyone used h&r block and got accepted?
Their Facebook page is a mess.
Rumors are all over it saying they lost the efiles.
I filed yesterday and it says it was transmitted on hnr site. So I'm thinking I'm good and just need to wait. Still not accepted tho.
I was hoping to get in the first batch honestly... My furnace could use some oil, this cold snap has kicked our butts.

I would never, ever use H&R Block! I've used them twice in my life and they screwed up BOTH times and I ended up owing money where I have never owed in my life!!!!!! They don't have "tax professionals". They hire people before "tax season" and give them a little training on how to use their software to prepare a return. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the e-files.

If they claim it was transmitted yesterday, check IRS.gov under "where's my refund" and see if they've received it. Check today and then check again on Monday. If it hasn't been received/accepted by Tuesday, I would get on the phone with H&R and find out what's happening.

Good luck!

I filed with H&R Block last Sunday and my return still hasn't been accepted by the IRS.

Lesson learned :/

the first time we used them my husband (boyfriend at the time) just waited for his refund. In late April I made him call because he e-filed with them in February. His return was REJECTED by the IRS (due to their error) and they never told him!!! The only thing they could do was to refund his money and re-do it and refile it for him for free.

the second time, we were married and he talked me into using them. I told him our taxes are simple and to do it ourselves. He insisted on using them and I gave in. We ended up owing the IRS money. I have never, ever owed the IRS a penny in my entire life!!!!! I was sooooo mad!!!!!!! They screwed something up somewhere and we ended up owing money. I should have filed an amended return but at the time, I didn't know you could do that and we ended up paying the IRS whatever it was that we "owed".

Last nite it said it was transmitted. Today its ready to be transmitted.
Seems to be the case with most if not all filers.
It's definetly not on the irs end.
Ughhhh
Next year I will not be using them.

I filed a few weeks ago. It was received on January 24 and is still being processes since they didn't start processing until yesterday.

It says on the IRS site that you should get your refund within 21 days of it being received. Last year I got it exactly at the 3 week mark.

When I go to turbo tax it says I should have my refund by February 21.

Filed last week...eagerly awaiting ours so we can pay some outstanding medical bills. :eyeroll

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter