Regal Eagle: Alternatives to garlic toast?

SeniorWoodchuck

Earning My Ears
I have an uncommon food issue: sensitivity to garlic. It's not a full-blown allergy; thankfully, cross-contact has never been a problem. And I can tolerate a bit of garlic powder in gravies and sauces. But I steer clear of anything where garlic is the main theme; aside from disliking the taste, if I have more than a bite or two, I can get dizzy or depressed (exact results are unpredictable).

My specific question: I'd like to try the Regal Eagle Smokehouse in Epcot's American Adventure pavilion. I generally do fine with barbecue; I try a dab of the mildest or sweetest sauce and add more if it seems mild enough. But everything on the menu that includes bread -- even the burger! -- comes on or with garlic toast.

Does anyone know if there's an alternative bread type? Or would I have to go without the bread? I don't think there's another food outlet nearby that they could just grab a roll from.

And if you yourself don't know, would you happen to know the appropriate Disney department to ask? Many thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question, but Disney restaurants typically go out of their way to provide allergy-friendly options for people. I do see a child cheeseburger on the menu; at the very least you could probably request a plain hamburger bun in place of the garlic bread.

I don't know if you want to chance it, but Regal Eagle serves the least garlicky garlic bread I've ever had - you can barely taste it. You might also try asking if they could substitute another side instead, since I think on the mobile order site the sides like beans or pickles are the same price as an extra slice of garlic toast.

Other than the bun for the kids' burger, I think all of the bread there has garlic, including the gluten-free option. Definitely ask when you get there, but, as an alternative, perhaps go without the garlic bread and get some fries instead if you want some carbs?

I asked this question of plan disney panel and they said that while it's at the restaurants discretion, they had spoken to someone who advised they would usually be happy to give a kids bun for an adult meal. They did say you would have to ask while ordering in person at the restaurant and not use mobile order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter