Remember to check your SWA flights!

disneyeveryyear

DIS Veteran
Just a reminder.

I typically check our SWA flights every day or two for price(point) reductions.

We are flying STL to MCO on 3/2 and our prices have dropped twice in the past two weeks. I have been able to recoup over 10,000 points (3 tickets). This will come in handy since I will be buying our 5 return flights tomorrow morning.

That's fantastic! The BWI to MCO flights steadily go up:( I guess we can hope.

This is one of the things I love about SWA! I booked tickets for my daughter and I for our Disney trip the day they came out for what I already thought was a great deal, but ended up rebooking a couple months ago for $75 credit each. :)

I just want to add a caveat. Check SW (and Alaska since they do it too) only if you’ll be able to use those credits before they expire. Otherwise it’s just frustrating. Voice of experience....:)

Why can't they lower prices for me???? I have never had the price go down in over 10 years from Manchester, NH or Boston! At least the price I paid is $244 less than what it would be if I bought it today.

I usually do a check about 1x a week to find credit. I just checked again this morning our flight from BWI-MCO on Nov 16 and got a $315 credit!! cha ching! I am now up to $375 total credit since booking the flight when it first opened! Planning on flying out to Disneyland in April, so this credit will come in handy in a few days!

I just want to add a caveat. Check SW (and Alaska since they do it too) only if you’ll be able to use those credits before they expire. Otherwise it’s just frustrating. Voice of experience....:)
Or worse, you'll be tempted to use those credits to book a whole other trip you never would have taken otherwise...

Just checked since I haven't gotten my flight(s) yet because I'm waiting last minute like always .. still the same. Which is still good, I guess?!

Saved 2000 points on our BDL-MCO flight on 2/26. Havent booked the 3/2 return yet, way too high!!

Saved 2000 points on our BDL-MCO flight on 2/26. Havent booked the 3/2 return yet, way too high!!
Just a reminder.

We are flying STL to MCO on 3/2 and our prices have dropped twice in the past two weeks. I have been able to recoup over 10,000 points (3 tickets). This will come in handy since I will be buying our 5 return flights tomorrow morning.

Thank you!! I just called SWA 9wait time less than 2 minutes) and was able to recoup 7,112 points which I plan to use tomorrow!!

Terrific but remember you don’t have to call. Very easy to do right on line. Click on “change flight” and go from there.

I checked yesterday and was able to save $20 per person ($80 total) for our return flight from MCO to STL. Every little bit helps!

Wow that’s great! The STL flights never seem to be in any of the special fare sales.
Well I had to change flights, but the difference was less than an hour. It went from $184 per person nonstop to 164 per person nonstop that was well worth the 80 bucks in savings to me. Of course they’re not refunding it it goes in a credit but will travel next year so that’s fine too

Just a reminder.

thank you so much for the reminder. I just saved almost 20,000 points on a stl to mco round trip for mid march. (party of 5)

Got a refund of 5,000 points very early this morning on my flights for mid November.

Thanks you DISBoards for this VERY helpful tip. I might never use another airline! I booked our round trip flights from SJC to MCO in late April when the date was released on the Southwest site two days ago. I just checked today and there were better times for less money so I clicked "change" and saved us $50 with more time in Orlando!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter