RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Updated the chart this morning for headcount with Disneypeach and tiggerdad's recent changes.

Next weekend our contract window opens and our first guests arrive on Sunday. You guys will be our first "boots on the ground" or "eyes on the target". As folks arrive and check in, you can post (if you want to) your site number here in the thread and I will add that to the chart in post #1.

We have requested sites in 1100 loop (for Premium) and 2100 (for Full) on the side of those loops where they share a sidewalk between them past a Comfort Station. So although split up, we will be "contiguous". Again, those loops/sites were only requests. Given the changes in the Cast Members and management that work the Fort, I hope that it all works out. If not we will manage.

Gonna keep chipping away at my to-do list and then it's simply waiting, waiting, waiting .....

Cookie%20Monster%20Waiting_zpsncjlmmat.gif

Bama Ed

Okay, Ed chooses Oscar as his SS character.

I've always likened myself to...
10dfcfefab7371fd0d9d4f134b4a1429_w200.gif

I wonder which SS characters the rest of you relate to.

Brought the girl to the house.
20200926_121708.jpg
As i go through it I put on some tunes. A USB card that some kind "old" guy gave me a few years ago.
20200926_121640.jpg

It's got something like 1600 files on it or more. Parks, resorts, monorail, parade sounds, you name it. Even some old long gone things like Toontown and Camp Minnie Mickey.

Just set it on random.

20200926_121645.jpg

Cookie Monster is too sweet and gentle to represent me. I'm more like this guy:

giphy.gif

Me

PS - whaddarya laughin at, serenitygr? :confused3

Just smiling at his comment about you waiting for the hours to change- I feel the same way😁
Just sad we will be up here in Minnesota following along, instead of being there with all of you.

Actually, serenitygr, I would rather be either one of these guys:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But I would need a wingman.

In DISMeet news I am happy to see that more people have contributed to the Give Kids The World fundraiser but I sure would like to see more names up there. I even see some dollars from non-DISMeet participants and that is especially great to see. Here is the link to donate:

https://give.gktw.org/team/313091

Tick tock ......

Bama Ed

Those 2 guys remind me of what we will likely look like at Geyser Point

I hope so, Arc.
Icondrunkards_zpsjpvm3mt2.gif

I recall on a trip to WDW not that long ago with DD and DW that we hit the MK at an 8am rope drop (akshully 750-something am) and the park was open till 2am! That was 18 hours of MK (and it was a day when it had the Extra Magic Hours in the evening which we choose when doing MK although the strategy folks say go elsewhere that day).

So Disney is offering me 9 hours of MK currently (no fireworks, no parade, no castle light show) for the same price that they charged me for 18 hours, fireworks, parade, castle lights, etc.).

I grit my teeth and keep telling myself I'm coming for the DISMeet (and only doing one theme park day during my stay). Gee I wonder why?

Bama Ed

Last edited:
So Disney is offering me 9 hours of MK currently (no fireworks, no parade, no castle light show) for the same price that they charged me for 18 hours, fireworks, parade, castle lights, etc.).

That statement really puts it into perspective for sure. I’d almost forgotten that there were days they were almost open practically 24 hours (and some days they were!)

With the pictures I’m seeing of the crowds here the last few days, I think we are nearing the point where they are going to have to at minimum bring back fast passes and increase the hours to accommodate demand. At the same time there are still a lot of people either afraid to or can’t travel so the demand still isn’t that of previous years.

Just a really weird spot we are in right now.

ps...they also took away my Haunted Mansion spiel and stretching room which makes my heart very sad :charac2:

Last edited:
I say exact same thing Ed. Only i got MK, HS, and AK got added when girls decided they could come. I'd be delighted if they at least added a few hours.

Okay, I got decorations out and sorted which ones were coming with us to FW.

20200926_131717.jpg

20200926_132136.jpg

20200926_131657.jpg

20200926_131706.jpg

Got the Mickey lamp cleaned too.
20200926_142454.jpg

I also put in the orange bulb as well. Nevermind the suttle display in the back...:rolleyes1

20200926_142527.jpg

Okay, Ed chooses Oscar as his SS character.

I've always likened myself to...
View attachment 528210

I wonder which SS characters the rest of you relate to.

Brought the girl to the house.
View attachment 528211
As i go through it I put on some tunes. A USB card that some kind "old" guy gave me a few years ago.
View attachment 528212

It's got something like 1600 files on it or more. Parks, resorts, monorail, parade sounds, you name it. Even some old long gone things like Toontown and Camp Minnie Mickey.

Just set it on random.

View attachment 528213

That is so awesome.

So looking forward to the meet. Unfortunately a close family friend of ours that was like a second mom to me while I was growing up passed away from COVID earlier this week and we attended her funeral today. Only 60 years old. Can’t wait to see everyone!

So looking forward to the meet. Unfortunately a close family friend of ours that was like a second mom to me while I was growing up passed away from COVID earlier this week and we attended her funeral today. Only 60 years old. Can’t wait to see everyone!

Sorry to hear

View attachment 528212

Just set it on random.

View attachment 528213

Oh I hear he was old even back then.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter