RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

We got Universal on the 11th. MK on 13th. AK on 14th. HS on 15th.

Straties showing arrival at HS around 9am and get in line. I gotta practice the booking for SW to be ready to grab a place.

Straties showing arrival at HS around 9am and get in line. I gotta practice the booking for SW to be ready to grab a place.
yeah started reading the GE thread. I have avoided all spoilers though so just focused on how to get a BG.

And as of this morning, HS is now filled on Oct 13 and 14. I guess i did good to get our tickets and ressie last night. Though the park will be at capacity, whatever that is.

Plus i have to edit, the last time we were in a Disney Park was Epcot during Marathon Weekend Jan 2019 for one day. Our last big trip that was all about the parks was Nov 2018.

And as of this morning, HS is now filled on Oct 13 and 14. I guess i did good to get our tickets and ressie last night. Though the park will be at capacity, whatever that is.
I'm not sure what "capacity" is right now, but based on some pics I saw on Instagram from yesterday, it must be a lot more than it was a few weeks ago. They showed the line for SDD, with social distancing, was all the way out Toy Story Land and back down the lane where the old entrance was to TSM. And that was a Monday.

I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm already shifting my attitude to Spring Break mode instead of September/October mode.

j

Indeed, Arc. MAY BE.

Although I would like to take a pontoon twirl around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. We did that years ago with all the kids and my mom and dad which was nice. Although I might hold off till the February trip when DD is with us so she can take a turn behind the wheel.

Wonder if they will also start running the small/early boats between FW-CR-WL?

Did finally find our Magic Bands that we bought long ago and keep using.

20200929_101722.jpg

I actually had them last trip but forgot to put them in the car before we left. We got temps at Disney Springs but tossed them afterwards. And yes, mine is the Mickey but (sassy) DW is the Donald (hope she doesn't read this:duck:).

Sadly I keep checking the park hours for my one park day (Thursday MK) and no change yet. :badpc:

Tick tock.

Bama Ed

PS - aiming the satellite dish and updating the receiver today and then airing up tires in camper and tow vehicle.

PPS - does anybody wear their Magic Bands in the car while driving to WDW? Ya know, just to help build the anticipation? Uh, asking for a friend ..... :rolleyes1

I want more damn park hours!

Ed, I wear my band when I pull out of the driveway. Its actually something fun we as a family like to do after we get in the truck and shut the doors.

PPS - does anybody wear their Magic Bands in the car while driving to WDW? Ya know, just to help build the anticipation? Uh, asking for a friend ..... :rolleyes1
Of course! I probably won't wear it on the long drive down to LLSP, but definitely on arrival day.

Wonder if they will also start running the small/early boats between FW-CR-WL?
I hope so. I'm really hoping the boat pilots (captains?) fall under the recreation banner, but I doubt it.

j

So I have a stand-alone HD Directv receiver that stays in the box unless I take it somewhere like camping or tailgating. As we've discussed, Disney offers ResortTV with all the locals and ESPN channel fambly but I debated about bringing the dish, receiver, and cables "just in case". I haven't used the receiver in a while (since the spring) so I got the dreaded 772 error when aiming and testing the setup. 772 means an inactive receiver that has to be reset. But it worked and should be good to go. If I decide to bring it - still on the fence. I can always cast from my DTV account.

20200929_132529.jpg

And no, I didn't really notice what was on the tv screen when I took the picture. :happytv: Hey it was the main ESPN channel fer cryin' out loud.

I bought the tv last fall for to be my around the house (attic, front porch, back yard) tv but I'm gonna have to work on the settings to get a brighter outdoor picture. :mad: It's a Vizio btw.

Joe, check item #29 off the list .....

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Okay, well the grill arrived. Off the Wal Mart website I got the 22" Blackstone, hood, and collapsible table for $172. On Amazon it would of been near $300.

I like how the Fed Ex folks handle the boxes so well.
20200930_090541.jpg

20200930_001933.jpg

Out of the box with hood already attached!
20200930_092718.jpg

Table already assembled as well. Just set griddle on top.
20200930_093104.jpg

It comes with attachment to run off small green propane bottles or bigger standard grill bottles.
20200930_093125.jpg

However, I bought the 12' quick connect hose and converter off Amazon so I can connect straight to the camper.
20200930_093141.jpg

20200930_181219.jpg

20200930_181225.jpg

Got it seasoned this evening. Ready to go!
20200930_181947.jpg

That’s what I got, tiggerdad.

it’s a bit of overkill for just DW and me but it’s great for a bigger group.

Bama Ed

@tiggerdad don‘t get me started on fed ex. They lost a package of mine but won’t admit it. They did at least open a case on it. The package is my Boston finisher’s jacket. I was not going to get it but then I thought I should. Now am not happy I don’t have it.

So I am intrigued with this Blackstone griddle:scratchin...we were looking to purchase a “normal” grill for camping to mainly do burgers and chicken breasts, but this looks interesting. Does anyone have experience with cooking burgers and chicken on these?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter