RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Looking good Joe.

Ed,

The sink hole in the museum was in 2014. That was the last year I was racing and the group I ran with raced at the NCM track not long after that happened. They were still cleaning it up.

Eight Corvettes fell into the hole. They look like toy cars.

NCMsinkhole_04_2000.jpg

j

Well it SOUNDED like a long time before when I took the tour (I had forgotten it was that more recent). As an engineer, I love the cars. I love the motor shop you can pay extra to build the motor yourself (with a Chevy guy over your shoulder). Guys at Corvette shows like to pop their lids and show off their engines but if you build your own engine at the BG plant (with the Chevy guy over your shoulder) your name is stamped on the engine block as "built by". How's that for provenance?

Becuz macho Vette guys like to pop the hoods and brag on their engines (especially if they "built" them). It's all available for price.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
thought we were doing really good basically packed up by 8 pm. I was just brushing my teeth for bed and said you forgot the Dutch oven. In getting the Dutch oven we realized we forgot the tools and forgot to pack the kitchen stuff 😱. Good thing I remembered.

Mallory has been extra chirpy today. she must know she is about to see Ian. @tigger92662 if it sounds like you got an extra bird, we might have left Mallory on your doorstep :rotfl2:

Official “Rendezvous at the Fort 2020” stickers arrived today.

DW has been incredibly busy hand making decorations for our site. My mind is literally blown. Had I known she was this capable I wouldn’t have ordered anything off Etsy. (In my defense, I knew she was talented but she’s incredible!) My mind is blown. I can’t wait for everyone to see what she’s done.

Denise, we hear your pain. Next year we hope. Take care, and say hi to Frank. Pictures, please everyone, to have us there in spirit.

Not sure which thread to post in, but we are one the road. Plan was to be at RV storage at 8 am and then hopefully be on the road no later than 10. Did good hit storage at 8 and even filling 4 tires, big win left at 9:05. It’s just after 10 and south of Atlanta.

overnight will be at Ocala Sun.

image.jpg

And if anyone is interested in locating Fort archeology:

20171104_074240_zpseesrwc7h.jpg

20171031_103157_zpsbbilb6rw.jpg

Let me know while we're at the Fort. My only park day is Thursday.

No dinosaurs, though. Sorry.

Bama Ed

And if anyone is interested in locating Fort archeology:

20171104_074240_zpseesrwc7h.jpg

20171031_103157_zpsbbilb6rw.jpg

Let me know while we're at the Fort. My only park day is Thursday.

No dinosaurs, though. Sorry.

Bama Ed
You know Josie is all about this kind of stuff. We would love to see some of the “historic” sites. She’s also wanting to do the gem mining lol

Kris,

Safe travels. Are you arriving at the Fort today or tomorrow? I'm anxious to see what loop we end up in and if we are all in the same loop(s).

Ed,

I know where the rails are, but I've never looked for the initials. Not patient enough I guess. Either way, with limited park hours, Ian and I should have plenty of time.

Barb,

We are going to miss you and Bill. I hope the hip and knee are doing well. Right now we don't have plans for WDW next year. Going to do 3 weeks in Europe if it reopens to Americans. That is looking less likely, so we may be changing plans.

j

Jim we will be at the fort tomorrow. Staying in Ocala tonight. Made really good time though. We are in Florida probably 2 hours more. It’s a quick trip to the fort from there.

slight chirping of the lube pump, but Mallory has been quiet.

Attachments

• C33F6EB6-231A-4902-A390-CED7712F33FF.jpeg
    C33F6EB6-231A-4902-A390-CED7712F33FF.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 8
Brought the camper home to start cleaning it up and loading in 10 days of stuff.

Cold (50s) and rainy today. Tomorrow should be a little better. I'm looking forward to getting back to 80s in a few days.

20201003_140255_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

My advice is spray yourself before going after those tracks. Ticks in that jungle are ravenous.

Made it to Ocala sun. One problem front air unit is not cooling. Warm air blowing. Any suggestions on what to check?

Uh oh, down one unit might be bad depending on your shade at site.

It has power if the fan is running. Thermostat might be issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter