RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

We headed out today and hit the road at about 12:00 (about 3 hours later than planned) from NW of Atlanta, so I guess we just a few hour behind garneska.

We are at our overnight stop at Lake Griffin SP in Leesburg. We arrived after dark so I can comment on the area, but in the dark the site looks nice.

Heading out in the morning for the Fort. See y'all soon. It's bead time now,

We checked it out as best we could. We think it’s a Freon leak. Will call a repair guy Monday. @tiggerdad yeah definitely worried about Disney but we have one lucky thing. Also thought that front air could not keep up so we have an auxiliary portable ac that we have. Tend to setup when stupid hit like Disney or this past pigeon forge trip in July. We had been debating if we need it this trip. Now that answer is yes.

Otherwise Mallory would be hanging with joe.

Glad to see everyone getting rolling. We, I believe are last to arrive on Sunday. So this is our last day off to get everything done and ready for the trip. It is currently 39 degrees after being 37 degrees at 2am. Not much need for AC here, Kris. Today will take the truck for a run, and look to get it backed in and ready to hook up. Load up some more of our stuff and we roll early Friday morning headed for Walterboro, SC. Saturday is on to Cape Canaveral and early Sunday morning the plan is to wake you all up......

We just got on 75. All ranked up, plus we have coffee. Should be at the fort by 11. For estimated check in I put 9:30 but nope not happening. I did get a text from Disney about 9:10 saying my site was not ready, but another text will be coming. Only bummer lots of rain today.

It has begun! Hope you get that AC sorted out.

Messing with this ice maker I bought. It works at least. The tray holds about enough for the four of us per meal, so it will serve its purpose.
20201004_085105.jpg

Waiting on the first FW pics...

Got my DVC invite email this morning that we always get about a week before our trips. Uh, no...

Michael,

We have one just like it. Makes ice in less than 10 minutes. We put the cubes in a zip lock bag and throw it in the freezer.

j

image-jpg.529857

It's beginning!

2020 DIS Meet- Rendezvous at the Fort.

j

It’s 9:30 and just got my message my site assignment. We are site 1114.

Cool. But it looks a little rainy this morning?

Thanks for taking us along as you drove in this morning, Kris.

Bama Ed

Looks a little wet, but hey it is Disney, it can't be all that bad. Tried to get us in earlier this trip, but DW had work commitments on Thursday, so we could not leave earlier. Hoping to be in 1117, but we will see. Enjoy the Fort until we get there, Reba can not wait. She is so ready to take a ride.

I just now took look at forecast down there for the next week. Looks like better than 50% rain chances every day at this point.

Added the ponchos to the inventory.

Yeah going to be wet. We have just about everything done inside and all hooked up but have not setup outside. We were starving though and even though I am working tomorrow, today is vacation so wine and cheese for lunch.

DF0E9D69-A1CC-498B-82B1-EB974405E01C.jpeg

had fun watching the guy Across from us pull out. He did not hit the rig but we moved the car for him. He had a big 5th wheel. Watch out @Teamubr hoping Joe pulls in across from us.

image.jpg

Just sitting here following along, eating what was going to be our contribution to the DIS meet: homemade Minnesota apple pies. Now I have to eat everyone’s! 😳😁

So sorry you aren't going to be here! Those look delicious!

**To advance teams 1-3: That is Exactly the way the Fort looked September 12! Yikes! Hoping it dries up after this week...

PS: How full does the fort look this Sunday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter