RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

As garneska has already mentioned, I am here at the Fort now, and we were just a bit behind her and Bert. I was hoping to be the first so no one got to see the "Dave backing in" comedy hour, but at least it wasn't a bid crowd.

I was planning to be here at 10:00, I got an message just before that saying my site was not ready, that was shortly after leaving Leesburg. We still didn't have site assigned as we went through security, but as we were at the drive-thru check-in we got a site. We are in 1116 just a bit diagonal from Kris.

But I would add I would have been in my site a bit earlier, but got to watch someone in a big 5er back in. He took out a one of the lights that are at various places around the loop. Makes me not feel so bad about the time I bumped a cable box.

Anyway I have now met Kris and Joe, and looking forward to everyone else getting here.

Today was setting thing up, and then picking up the cart from tee time. Dinner was the 8 piece takeout from P&Js.

Tomorrow is HS.

Oh, as as for rain for today it was raining in morning, but as we got here this morning it had stopped and has been overcast all day. But a rainy overcast day at the Fort/Disney is better that nice sunny day in most places.

Actually most loops are relatively full
I was debating whether to try and come in next Sunday instead of Monday. But the more I thought about it , Columbus Day weekend the Fort will probably be pretty full. I expect a lot of check-outs on Monday. Hopefully setting up camp won't take forever if the weather is good....
Looking forward to the Monday night dinner!

This figures. Straight at us, projected landing on our departure day. I go south to MS coast then east. Man, if ever there was a time I want to see a track move way to the west...
View attachment 530044

I saw that too, tiggerdad. I'm going to head due east to Atlanta then down 75 to try to get outside the the rain bands as much as I can. My departure time is early Friday morning so I'm going to keep watching it.

Ed

PS - updated the chart in post #1

I saw that too, tiggerdad. I'm going to head due east to Atlanta then down 75 to try to get outside the the rain bands as much as I can. My departure time is early Friday morning so I'm going to keep watching it.

Ed

PS - updated the chart in post #1
Yeah as of this morning we are now in the cone here in the panhandle. Track looking very similar to Sally. If it does look like a direct hit here I may have to delay my arrival till Sunday. Will just have to play this one by ear. Ughhhhhhhhh

Well, because this is 2020.....
I've cracked a tooth...
good news...don’t need a root canal
bad news...need a crown
I’m heartbroken that I have to cancel my trip... 😭
SOOOOO disappointed that I won’t be there with y’all :sad:

Just can't trust teeth.

I may need to delay a day, but hopefully not. NHC showing last track as a TS over meridian but track has shifted a little west so this is good. My concern is that is my leaving day. Not interested in pulling camper in the winds. My other problem is not being home if power is out by some fluke chance. I got to precheck generators here and at my parents. Ill have to depend on neighbors to run them. We'll see.

I went out for a run this morning. I took some pics. Will get the up later. I know it is Monday but all loops are open but not filled. Definitely spots available, not sure how long that will last. I checked out the new Tri Circle D ranch. it is beautiful, but i still wish i had my fitness trail to WL.

Well, because this is 2020.....
I've cracked a tooth...
good news...don’t need a root canal
bad news...need a crown
I’m heartbroken that I have to cancel my trip... 😭
SOOOOO disappointed that I won’t be there with y’all :sad:

You.have.GOT.to.be.kidding.me. :sad2:

Ouch. This one hurts. I was looking forward to meeting DisneyPeach.

Bama Ed

PS - I might just be sipping Smoothies only from now till departure to be on the safe side. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter