RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

They work well. One of the better campground cooking appliances. They distribute heat good in the middle. They do take a bit of time to get used to. Its not a grill, so your steaks will not get a nice char on them. But you can do bacon and pankakes easilly. If you want a grill the colman roadtrip is good, you can also get a griddle top for it, or a stove top grate, i never used the griddle top. I usally take the roadtrip and the blackstone with me.

What!? Doesn't benefit me. I don't start parks until 13th.
I'm strongly considering buying Universal Premier AP's. They just released a $100 discount for Florida Residents. It includes their express pass after 4PM (well after 2PM on days they close early). I can't fit on most of their rides but do still enjoy visiting.

So I am intrigued with this Blackstone griddle:scratchin...we were looking to purchase a “normal” grill for camping to mainly do burgers and chicken breasts, but this looks interesting. Does anyone have experience with cooking burgers and chicken on these?
Thanks!
We have done burgers and chicken and everything else. It tastes great and the grease goes into the little collection bucket. Pancakes cook amazing on this also.

So I am intrigued with this Blackstone griddle:scratchin...we were looking to purchase a “normal” grill for camping to mainly do burgers and chicken breasts, but this looks interesting. Does anyone have experience with cooking burgers and chicken on these? Thanks!

Besides meat, I also like being able to dice up some veggies, splash them with some oil, put a lid/dome over, and cook them up quickly too. Give them a spatula toss or two every few minutes and they are hot and good. Not falling between the grill spokes and no extra dish/net to use.

I got the 22" griddle with is basically a 2-burner (good for 3+ ppl) but they also make a smaller 17" which is a one-burner (1-2 ppl) and I run mine off a separate propane 20# tank. They don't travel small but they are useful. When I go back to the Fort with DD and DW in February there will be 3 of us so I'll probably take it then and not use the charcoal grill as I have in the past.

Bama Ed

For grills,

I went the Coleman Roadtrip route. I like to grill more than fry, but I liked having a griddle option. DW got this for my birthday and I really like it. I've done pancakes on the griddle several times. It comes with 3 burner controls and does a great job regulating the heat where you want it. I really like the Blackstone, but this road trip is a good all-in-one option.

20200715_160538_copy_907x1612.jpg

j

One last new item to try on the trip.
20201002_133214.jpg

We've talked about it in the past to have in the camper for the four of us. Recently my parent's ice maker in fridge quit. I replaced the pump but that wasn't the problem. Apparently its in the switch and whole fridge has to come apart. I figure I can use this when we go camping and let my parents try it out in between.
20201002_133634.jpg

On the top is this sticker. Doesn't feel so much like a warning as it does a threat. I think I'll wait...
20201002_133820.jpg

i went to the laundromat and got the laundry done. Was not too bad since i could use multiple washers. Still much easier to do it in the condo, but i was able to multi task. I did laundry, worked on a puzzle (on my ipad) and attended our weekly update meeting.

Wow, tiggerdad, you got a griddle and an ice maker for this trip. Burgers and daquiris at your campsite one night?

I rolled the Aliner out of the garage this morning, popped up the roof, and put the linens on the bed and took out all the things that are stored in there that won't be making this trip. Folded it back down, rinsed the dirt and dust off the roof and the bubbles, and then prepared for the transformation.

Like Clark Kent jumping into a phone booth and emerging as Super Man, I took my regular spare tire cover off:

20201002_124211.jpg

and replaced it with my old Fort Wilderness tire cover that has more colors than the present similar offering:

20201002_125954.jpg

I also took an inventory of consumables (paper plates, dixie cups, etc.) that I HAD so I could figure out what I DIDN'T HAVE and would need to get before departure.

I leave a week from this morning. Tick tock!

Bama Ed

PS - the FW tire cover only stays on for the drive to the Fort and back home. While at the Fort, I put the regular cover on because if I lost this one I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to replace it....

1st stop. Neighbor and us at Beech Bend campground Bowling Green KYView attachment 529538

I day dream of ever having a single axle Airstream some day like the one next to you, Joe.

When I buy the next new-to-me tow vehicle (used Suburban like what I have) I want to get the axle ratio that will allow me the higher tow limits.

Just in case.

Because you never know.

I might win the Powerball next time.

I like Bowling Green, KY.

The Corvette Plant is there for Chevrolet and I took the tour a few years ago.

My Bama t-shirt got me picked out of the tour to sit in the seat of a car coming off the line and PUSH the button to start the motor (so one of the plant employees could drive it off the line).

BG is a car town.

Bama Ed

PS-the Corvette Museum in BG had a problem with a sink hole maybe 20 years ago that swallowed up some expensive cars .....

Looking good Joe.

Ed,

The sink hole in the museum was in 2014. That was the last year I was racing and the group I ran with raced at the NCM track not long after that happened. They were still cleaning it up.

Eight Corvettes fell into the hole. They look like toy cars.

NCMsinkhole_04_2000.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter