Rental time change due to flight?

Pea Picker

Mouseketeer
What happens if your pickup time changes due to flight changes. How long will they honor your original agreement. I have a scheduled pickup time of 5:00 p.m. However now it might be changed by 2 hours either way. Will they still honor my original price??

Thanks

I would call them and ask to have it changed, I'm sure they will honor your original price. Some web sites let you make a change on time yourself, like Avis and I think Dollar does also but not sure.

Most rental agencies hold the reservation for 24 hours after the originally scheduled pick up time. If it makes you feel better, call them and see if you can change it. Check on your reservation confirmation, there should be something written about delayed or rescheduled arrival times.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Flight times change constantly and the rental agencies are aware of it. That is one of the reasons that they ask for your airline and flight number.. A couple of hours one way or the other should not make any difference with the rental. I haven't had a problem with this in the past.

If it makes you feel better, call them and have them switch it, but if it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if you had a reservation for one day and it changed to a day later or earlier, that is something I would probably call about, 2 hours, you should be fine.

If it isn't going to make a difference when you go to return it then I wouldn't bother changing it.

I rented a car once where I was delayed in getting there, when I flew out the next day they charged me an additional day because to them I returned it late. I had returned it within the 24 hours from when I rented but that is not what the contract said.

I had even called them about it. When I called the rental car company they took it off but it took 10 days to receive the credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter