Renting DVC Points

Jemepech

Earning My Ears
Hello all. Need a little advice, we're thinking of renting points from David's for our vacation in September and was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on to our there process went. I know about the no cancelation ( a little weary, but understand ) just was it worth it and would you do it again. Thanks for the help.

I've never heard any complaints about David's service, though I haven't used it personally.

Just be aware of the minor differences with DVC. You will be treated pretty much like any WDW guest, but you will not receive daily housekeeping services. If you stay 7 nights or less, you'll get trash removal and fresh towels on day 4. If you stay 8 nights or longer you'll get full housekeeping on day 4 and trash & towel on day 8.

you may want to check this thread out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051226

i haven't rented from david but rented from a DVC owner in the past. i didn't like the lack of control so i bought my own contract.

david's reputation is excellent and his website seems to lay things out very clearly. it's on you to do your homework and read through the FAQs. you are renting a timeshare, not a hotel room - there are differences which you should be aware of.

I have rented DVC points numerous times. Not thru David, but thru a few other DVC'ers that I contacted thru the DVC Rental forums here on the DIS. I have now established wonderful relationships with a couple of these people, who I trust with any of my reservations. I have never had any problem with any of the reservations I made for myself or family members.

We just booked through David's for the 3rd time. The first two trips were flawless. I would highly recommend his service. You pay a couple dollars more per point than if you were to buy from a DVC owner directly, but for that couple dollars David's service does all the work for you. The process is quite simple and painless.

We rented from David's last year and were 100% satisfied. In fact, I found out I was pregnant and had to move up the date of our trip after I already booked and they were able to change the reservation. So yes all transactions are final, but if you have a legitimate reason I think they will work with you. We are DVC members now, but if we weren't I would definitely rent from them again.

One tip - be aware of the DVC member perks. A list was provided to us in our room or packet. We were treated just like DVC members because it was stamped on our key to the world cards, so whenever we used our key card at shops and restaurants we were given the member discount.

We rented from David's last year and were 100% satisfied. In fact, I found out I was pregnant and had to move up the date of our trip after I already booked and they were able to change the reservation. So yes all transactions are final, but if you have a legitimate reason I think they will work with you. We are DVC members now, but if we weren't I would definitely rent from them again.

One tip - be aware of the DVC member perks. A list was provided to us in our room or packet. We were treated just like DVC members because it was stamped on our key to the world cards, so whenever we used our key card at shops and restaurants we were given the member discount.

One thing to keep in mind is they are not David's points, he is not in control of them. He is just a go between with a DVC member. The DVC member actually makes the reservation, not David. So it's up to the member if they will "work with you" on changes.

Also, many establishments are now requiring the blue DVC member card for discounts.

as the other poster stated, this is old information.

renters are not DVC members and therefore, not entitled to member discounts and this has been made more clear to the disney CMs.

as the other poster stated, this is old information.

renters are not DVC members and therefore, not entitled to member discounts and this has been made more clear to the disney CMs.

Correct, even David covers this on his website, which I think is a great idea.

Can I get all the other perks and discounts that Disney Vacation Club Members Receive?
No. You will not be entitled to any annual pass discounts, park entry discounts, merchandise discounts, or restaurant discounts. If you'd like these discounts, you'll have to become a member of the Disney Vacation Club.

You will receive all the perks and benefits of any guest staying onsite at a Disney Resort, such as free transportation aboard all Disney Transportation vehicles and Extended Magic Hours.

I have recently rented from David's and everything went smoothly. We wanted a studio at VGC (which are hard to come by, I understand) and I got a prompt email that David's company didn't have enough points to reserve but 'would I like them to keep me on the list if/when they received enough points?'. I said yes and within a few days they had the points and emailed me a contract and I paid easily via paypal. They are very quick to get back to you via email if you have any questions in my experience.

We just rented points from David earlier this month for our stay in Dec. (first family trip and we are excited) The process was painless but I had done my research up front. I wasn't sure what room availability would be like so to be safe I put my request in right at the 11-month window for AKV-Kidani so I ensured we would be able to get our studio-Savanna view room. Took about 4 days for points to become available to secure the reservation. Not sure if that is common or was just because we were right at the start of the 11 month window or not. But all is good and we are looking forward to our stay.

I have a feeling we'll quickly be spoiled renting points and may not stay any other way. We won't be able to go to WDW enough for our family to justify becoming DVC members ourselves but renting points every 4-5 years should be perfect for our needs. :thumbsup2

We rented points several years ago using the thread on the DisBoards where you rent directly through a DVC member. We never had any problems. In fact, after about three times of renting, we became DVC members ourselves!

We just booked through David's for the 3rd time. The first two trips were flawless. I would highly recommend his service. You pay a couple dollars more per point than if you were to buy from a DVC owner directly, but for that couple dollars David's service does all the work for you. The process is quite simple and painless.

I just put our request form in I am very nervous about this process but was happy to see you have used him twice and had no issues !! I am excited to be retruning and being able to save money does not hurt either !! :thumbsup2

I, too, just put in a reservation form through David's Vacation Club for this December (hoping to book a standard studio in AKL Jambo). I got this response from David's via e-mail: "Unfortunately due to the unexpected high demand for points we do not have a Member that has the points to be able to secure your reservation. If we do not have the points we cannot book the room even though there is inventory available for booking." They said they can put my reservation in a queue to wait for points and I responded yes.

Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, how long did you have to wait until they had available points? I would prefer to go through David's because I feel more secure, but now I am thinking about looking on the DVC rental boards to buy points directly from an owner.

Any thoughts and help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

I, too, just put in a reservation form through David's Vacation Club for this December (hoping to book a standard studio in AKL Jambo). I got this response from David's via e-mail: "Unfortunately due to the unexpected high demand for points we do not have a Member that has the points to be able to secure your reservation. If we do not have the points we cannot book the room even though there is inventory available for booking." They said they can put my reservation in a queue to wait for points and I responded yes.

Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, how long did you have to wait until they had available points? I would prefer to go through David's because I feel more secure, but now I am thinking about looking on the DVC rental boards to buy points directly from an owner.

Any thoughts and help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Don I just rented points for the first time on the rent/trade board here. So far everything has went smoothly. The member I have rented from called me last night, she made my reservation on the DVC site, then emailed me the resort confirmation. I sent her 1/2 payment thru paypal and my remaining balance is due 90 days before I arrive. Member did all this while I was on the phone with her. Once finished, I received another email from her with all her contact info to have as well.

I was even able to go on the DVC website once the transaction was complete and viewed the reservation which was in my name. We are staying at Kindani Village in studio in June. I really wanted Boardwalk Villas, but that was not available, so the member put be on the BWV waitlist for the week I am there. :-)

I just did my first transaction with David and was very pleased with their customer service. I just completed the online check-in, so we're now all set.

Wondering if anyone here knows how to answer the following: We have not yet purchased park tickets. I understand that we will receive a KTTW upon check-in. If so, am I able to purchase park tickets once I check in and have it put onto the KTTW, instead of receiving a "paper ticket" (we're staying at Villas @Wilderness Lodge), and FURTHER, can I use our Disney Rewards points from our credit card to purchase the tickets? Thanks!!!!

Yes. you can have you park tickets on your KTTW, just tell them at check-in that you want tickets and ask them to add them to the room key.

You should be able to use reward $ to pay for the tickets.

Just booked through Davids !! Going AKL Jambo house 11/7-11/11 :dance3:... This was our 4th choice resort BCV / BWV and VWL were all a no go for that weekend .. BCV and BWV were sold out and there was no one for points for VWL . Can't wait to go to AKL though stayed there last Jan in a regular savanna view room and cant wait to stay in a savanna view studio !!

We had the same thing when booking our stay.....not enough points available. But our request came through about two weeks later with no trouble. But made me nervous at first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter