Repeat Cruisers - I’m curious what you think

My first eight cruises where exclusively with DCL but a few years ago a friend invited me on a birthday cruise on RCCL and soon after I decided to try some other cruise lines. I've sailed on NCL and HAL as well and I have to admit DCL is my preferred cruise line because of the service and entertainment. I'm looking forward to sailing again on DCL.

I kind of think the repeat cruiser perks are pretty good, when you compare them with Disney land-based vacations. We have gone to WDW many many times and I would LOVE if they offered an early booking window for repeat visitors for dining rezzies or fastpasses like they do on the cruise ships, or a 10% discount plus $100-200 room-charge credit like you get when you book a placeholder on ship. I am not complaining.

... those little perks and gifts. Sling bag needs to be changed though. It's been the same gift for two years.
Got my first sling bag July of 2016 and knew that was going to be the gift in advance. So maybe it’s over 3 years???
Disney does offer discounts to Canadians, military members, certain cruise itineraries and of course Florida residents. Disney also does some real great deals for current and retired cast members. We have a friend who is retired from Disney and they were on our last cruise. They had a very good cast rate for a seven day cruise.
My wife and I are DVC members and used to book using points(I know this is not the best use of points). Back when we started cruising point were a good deal for cruises but not so much over the last few years.
We are Florida residents and found we could do Florida resident rates or on board place holder for better deals.
With that said I think Disney is having a hard time filling the ship during certain times of the year.
As far as what I think Disney could do for Cast Away Club Members this is part of what I posted in another thread to better reward Club members.

"As far as additional rewards on top of what Disney already offers Cast Away Club members, they might think about 5% off future cruises for Silver,10% off future cruises for gold and 15% off future cruises for Platinum without having to do an on board booking/placeholder. They might also want to look at similar discounts for on board shopping."

If Disney is having a hard time filling the ships now( and this is just my opinion) what do you think it will be like for them when they bring on three new ships.
It would be interesting to see a Platinum and Gold offer on the off season months. I suspect many of those would be Florida residence so there would be a lot of crossover. But then Disney makes their Castaway Club more exciting with greater appeal on paper.

I have a couple fun ideas for sales they could have on short notice during the downtimes.
• Buy a four day cruise at regular price get a B2B 3 day cruise free.
• Offer same discount they offer Florida residence. ( I’m a gold member but I think maybe offering this to platinum gives an extra perk they need on paper)
• Pay stateroom class below your booking. So if you reserve a 5A you pay for a 6A. Concierge reservations excluded. But that goes against my normal “KISS” way of thinking (Keep It Simple Stupid)

I have sailed 4 times on DCL and my 5th trip is in August. I also have been on Celebrity and RCCL. I did the RCCL cruise to decide which way I should go for my Alaska Cruise, knowing they were a lot less expensive. Once I got off that ship I knew I would only sail with DCL from then on. I love the Disney ships. I hated all the cheap sales that were offered on RCCL and I couldn't attend 1 activity that didn't have a sales pitch. Everything was an up charge. Between my Mom and I we spent $5 on RCCL because we bought some ice cream. Meanwhile, my DCL bill is already at $700 for my August sailing for everything I have already booked. Brunches, excursions etc.

So as much I would love loyalty perks, I sail DCL for the atmosphere and enjoyment of the ship and cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter