Replacement for tiny allen wrench that comes with locking pin backs?

fraulein_h

Earning My Ears
I purchased a pkg of locking pin backs last time we were at DL but I lost the teeny tiny Allen wrench that came with them--rats!:headache: I hate to buy a new packet of backs just for another wrench as they weren't cheap; has anyone had any luck using anything else as a replacement? (bent paperclip, etc.) I searched the archives but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

No help here. I had a set that I got at DW a few years ago. On DCL this year, I bought another set. The wrench was a different size!

Don't waste your money for these . They are no more than wheel collars for remote control model planes. They are VERY CHEAP HERE !

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...EGORY=&FVPCODE=SM&FVPROFIL=+&MANUFACTURER=GPM

gpmq4301.jpg

If you bring it to a hardware store, not a Home Depot or Lowes, they should be able to match one up for you.

bumping this thread cause I have the same problem... locking backs from around 2004/2005, bought a new pack this year and the wrench is too big!

Razor, and others.

the old style pin backs take a .050 hex wrench.

The new style take a metric 1.5mm hex wrench.

I had a bunch of the old style mixed in, (locked onto hats, lanyards, and a camera strap) and lost the wrench. It took me a lot of trying various wrenches until I found the one that fits.

(The "old style" were the ones I bought in the park in 2005.. "new style" those I bought in 2011).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter