Reservation for DCA?

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
We are arriving tomorrow morning for a quick, three day trip. I booked Disneyland for all three of my park reservations, but now I am second-guessing myself. Should I change one of my days to a DCA reservation? This will be our first holiday trip. Our last trip was in May 2022, since we alternate between Disneyland and WDW. We will also be back for a longer trip in June.

We have DVC and are staying at VGC Friday night and Saturday night will be VDH.

TIA!

We are arriving tomorrow morning for a quick, three day trip. I booked Disneyland for all three of my park reservations, but now I am second-guessing myself. Should I change one of my days to a DCA reservation? This will be our first holiday trip. Our last trip was in May 2022, since we alternate between Disneyland and WDW. We will also be back for a longer trip in June.

We have DVC and are staying at VGC Friday night and Saturday night will be VDH.

TIA!
Do you have park hoppers? If so, you can spend a bit of time at DCA without making it your starting park (reservation) any of your days.

If you don't have hoppers, then it's a matter of whether your family has enough interest in DCA to spend an entire day there.

Do you have park hoppers? If so, you can spend a bit of time at DCA without making it your starting park (reservation) any of your days.

If you don't have hoppers, then it's a matter of whether your family has enough interest in DCA to spend an entire day there.

Yes, we do have hoppers. It should be easy enough to hop to, right? Of course, we lose the opportunity to use the DCA entrance in the morning….

It's easy to hop for sure... but you can get A LOT done in the morning (at both parks) and I'm not sure I would want to miss the low morning crowds and low ride waits in each park- especially if you also have early entry. Personally, I would switch one day (maybe day 2?) to DCA for starting park.

Personally, if I'm on a multi-day trip, I like to have at least one starting morning in DCA. You can get SO MUCH done in DCA in the morning if you plan on either rope-dropping or getting there between 8 or 9. Especially with rides that aren't Genie+, like Mater's or Luigi's, they are basically walk-ons at that time of day.

I tend to get in most of my favorites by park-hopping time (esp if I am utilizing short waits AND Genie+), and then grab lunch and then I have the freedom to either stay in DCA longer or head over to DLR if I want.

We usually do at least one morning at DCA the second or third day. You can get so much done there. Plus you can hop right at 11, so you wouldn't get to DL too late.

Another reason I like starting there one day is because I like to have second breakfast at Pym's. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter