Resort Change by Disney

I have stayed in most of those resorts. Yacht is one of our favorites! Depending on what kind of room you had at Yacht, in my opinion, I would consider most DVC studios to be a downgrade. 1BR lateral or upgrade. If I were being booted from Yacht, I’d be hoping for a 1BR at Riviera. I feel like the room theming is similar - up to date and modern. Adult feeling.

If you like quiet, Poly might not be for you. We had a lake view studio and it was beautiful.. but we were near the TTC we heard boats all day long and the lobby is always busy and loud. Maybe it would be less so with Ohana being closed?

You might enjoy a savanna view at Kidani. They’re very peaceful and the 1BRs are some of my favorite rooms on property.

I’m not sure if they’d bump you to a 2BR anywhere. But who knows! I hope you end up somewhere you enjoy!
Thank you for all of this awesome info! I appreciate it!

At this point , I find it unusual that they didn’t follow their pattern on Thursday and move the next group of guests. Why stop at opening day.
These bits of information are maddening. Resort Communication has been horrid,and CM’s seem to be telling different guest different info.

It is odd how this seems to be the case. Does anyone know why they did not take the next group of guests? Some are due to arrive in 2 weeks...zero communications.

Playing catch up on this thread, but my main reason for not wanting to stay at the cabins is because I live in the wilderness and prefer my vacation accommodations to have a different theme 🤣😂. Plus, we have a lot of weekend getaway cabin options close by so just like something totally opposite when I am elsewhere.
How we feel too. We live in CO and go stay in cabins quite a bit. I want FL to feel different and I want the tropical feel at the resort.
But the biggie for us is also just the one bath. All other room options at wdw that sleep 6 have 2 bathrooms, which is just very necessary for us!

“If” My “TA” is presented with a “move” on Monday....not a downgrade ( even though I would consider if compensated) what should I even consider/entertain? I’m going with the “assumption” it will be a DVC.
“right now” we are at YC aug 4-11. even if they open I will not stay there without SAB. So if no change, we will cancel/reschedule.
will not move to BCV/BWV, we will cancel /reschedule. That being said:
-Would consider SSR/OKW but only a 2 bed room ( is that reasonable coming from YC?)
-Would consider ( I think) Animal kingdom (kidani?....I know nothing about AK at all 🙄 ( but don’t know what’s “lateral”? 1 bed bed/2bed?)
-I don’t know how I feel about Poly??? Normally yes for firework view...but no fireworks now. Plus, we don’t like a “busy” resort.
-I have not heard anyone mention WL? Are their DVCs in play possibly?
I’m kind of wondering if Disney will say “this is our offer, take it or leave it” or, if I have room to “haggle”.
I don’t want to “settle” for less, but I am just not familiar with DVC? We have only done “cash” sides.
I know this is long, but any feedback is appreciated!
We are older, done Disney plenty of times with our kids and multiple foster children , really looking for a mostly “resort” getaway with a few days at HS for die hard SW fan hubby. ( did go to galaxys edge opening in DL last year) which was why we wanted YC for SAB and access to HS.
Bay Lake Tower is open, and if I recall Contemporary was very close to YC when I priced my trip. I moved from Contemporary to BLT by Disney... so that’s another option.

Last edited:
We are scheduled July 7-14. I received an email from my TA Friday that Monday she can modify our dates. She said that the 35% for free dining can be applied to a change of date. She also said we would have to book at DVC or Ft Wilderness. We are booked currently at Jambo House and have already did online checkin. MDE doesn’t give any option to change or cancel.

We are scheduled July 7-14. I received an email from my TA Friday that Monday she can modify our dates. She said that the 35% for free dining can be applied to a change of date. She also said we would have to book at DVC or Ft Wilderness. We are booked currently at Jambo House and have already did online checkin. MDE doesn’t give any option to change or cancel.
Thanks for the info. I hope that the TA’s info about being able to carry the 35% off holds true. Is that only for modifying within 2020?
I guess we’ll all find out Monday. I expect a messy morning, but I hope we’re all a little more prepared sharing whatever info we have 😀

Thanks for the info. I hope that the TA’s info about being able to carry the 35% off holds true. Is that only for modifying within 2020?
I guess we’ll all find out Monday. I expect a messy morning, but I hope we’re all a little more prepared sharing whatever info we have 😀
Yes I was told that the 35% off from free dining is only for rescheduling I’m 2020.

Does anyone know if you can take the 35% off for free dining and apply it to a reservation for later in the year that has already been booked?

I haven’t read all the posts (a lot, but not all). Can anyone who has already been moved tell me if they were good about keeping your group together? We are traveling with my parents and have 2 rooms booked at a value resort in early September. I am okay if they need to move us, but we would need to be moved to the same resort. The reservations are supposed to be linked, but the CM I spoke to Friday was unwilling to even look if they were linked. So, has anyone else with multiple rooms has luck being moved together?

I very much want to know this. Same thing for the Sun and Fun (I think that's right name) room only discount.
I want to know also. I have the sun and fun discount. Some have said if it’s not an offer right now they will not apply it. I would think it would be the fair thing to let us use it on a resort of our choice.

If you modify dates and pay any price difference have they let free dining people carry the 35% forward?
We had an early July trip booked with free dining that we were able to move to November with the 35% off. The 35% could only be moved to a date in 2020 though. Not sure if the rules will change for those who have reservations after the parks open. Hopefully it will be the same.

I thought I was going to have some info for you guys from an awesome CM who was just helping me, but I just got cut off :sad: and I'm sitting here hoping he'll call me back. Anyway, my situation is this: I had 2 trips booked around the 4th of July time frame. I already changed one of the trips to end of August so I could book park days on Monday. Obviously I had to book a DVC at rack rate (which I intend to change).

Now I just called to change my other July 4 trip to Thanksgiving time. I explained to the great CM that I fully intend to change the resort as soon as I can, so I'd just be changing it today to a temporary DVC resort so I can book park reservations on Monday. He said he understood my thinking but that I could just wait until Monday to change my resort because all of the other resorts that are re-opening would be available to book on Monday!! That is news to me, but it's very possible I missed the info as I've had a hard time keeping up. He then said he wanted to check on something for me to make things easier and put me on hold, but a few minutes later I was cut off :sad1: so I guess I'm going to call back and pray I get a CM as awesome as he was.
Ugh! I hope he calls back because if you call they will never know what he was talking about.

I haven’t read all the posts (a lot, but not all). Can anyone who has already been moved tell me if they were good about keeping your group together? We are traveling with my parents and have 2 rooms booked at a value resort in early September. I am okay if they need to move us, but we would need to be moved to the same resort. The reservations are supposed to be linked, but the CM I spoke to Friday was unwilling to even look if they were linked. So, has anyone else with multiple rooms has luck being moved together?

I finally got someone to look up mine to confirm they were linked yesterday. Thankfully they were. Today, I called to see if they were working on dates past July 11, and the CM I spoke to said my two rooms were linked as “traveling together” so we’d stay together.

I finally got someone to look up mine to confirm they were linked yesterday. Thankfully they were. Today, I called to see if they were working on dates past July 11, and the CM I spoke to said my two rooms were linked as “traveling together” so we’d stay together.
I tried to confirm that my reservation is linked with my in-laws and they told me I needed to call back on June 28. They were unable to look at my reservation because it's 7/31. I'm frustrated with the inconsistent responses.

I tried to confirm that my reservation is linked with my in-laws and they told me I needed to call back on June 28. They were unable to look at my reservation because it's 7/31. I'm frustrated with the inconsistent responses.

Same. They wouldn’t even open my reservations to see if they were linked.

I just called to ask about my stay. My CM put me on hold to ask Guest Services about my reservation (2 rooms @ GF, 7/18-7/26) She came back and said that Guest Services said that yes the NBA is at GF, but they aren’t taking over the entire resort. We are expected to stay at the GF 😯 (First, I’ve heard of this). All I can figure is since they’re keeping the restaurant’s and shops open, they’d move us into the main building? And close off the rest for NBA? Has anyone else heard this?
I wonder if this is true for YC also? That the NBA will have “part” of the resort? But not sure how Taft would work?

The NBA could potentially have only some of the buildings at GF. The access to those & possibly the convention center be restricted, protecting the NBA’s bubble. The YC is all 1 building, with a limited number of elevators. There really isn’t any way to maintain the bubble in that situation. And the number of rooms needed for the 6 teams that will be there will pretty much fill the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter