Resort Change by Disney

Has anyone expressed any thoughts on whether completing Online Check-In would have any impact on the changes? I'm overthinking this . . . clearly.
Do you mean the hotel switches?

We have been PIF and checked in for our August trip at Pop since February. We had to redo check-in because of the changes to mousekeeping.

Here is my issue. I had a knee injury, most likely going to require surgery but due to backlog most likely will be after our September trip. I will find out more on Tuesday. Regardless I have decided we are renting a car and I will get a mobility scooter. I know all of the DVC resorts have elevators, I am ok with where ever they put us DVC but I think WCs are out of the question if they try to put us there. Should I call in before Monday and have my reservation noted with mobility issue?

Good question. I wondered about this and then told myself that I was being ridiculous. We can be ridiculous together. I haven’t checked in but I have ordered magic bands.😂
That's exactly how I feel - wondering it and ridiculing myself for stressing about it. I can't get myself to complete the check-in as a result. Will it make it more "urgent" in their system? Will it make it more likely that it gets moved to a crappier resort (relatively speaking - not hating on any resorts here) because, hey, well, they're checked in, so lets move other people we're trying to figure out whether they're coming.

It's sad, isn't it? We haven't ordered MagicBands yet, but that's only because we might not - we ordered special ones last couple trips, and had split stays, so we're pretty stocked up. Only one or two that I'm interested in for the upgrades, not enough to order one for everyone, so we might just decline them this time.

Could this be one of those agencies I've read about that books blocks of rooms then sells them off as individual rooms but clients never realize unless Disney goes and makes a change that affects the whole block?
Not sure if the rules of the forum permit saying the agency name, but I do believe this IS the case for these reports. I know it is for several of them.

“If” My “TA” is presented with a “move” on Monday....not a downgrade ( even though I would consider if compensated) what should I even consider/entertain? I’m going with the “assumption” it will be a DVC.
“right now” we are at YC aug 4-11. even if they open I will not stay there without SAB. So if no change, we will cancel/reschedule.
will not move to BCV/BWV, we will cancel /reschedule. That being said:
-Would consider SSR/OKW but only a 2 bed room ( is that reasonable coming from YC?)
-Would consider ( I think) Animal kingdom (kidani?....I know nothing about AK at all 🙄 ( but don’t know what’s “lateral”? 1 bed bed/2bed?)
-I don’t know how I feel about Poly??? Normally yes for firework view...but no fireworks now. Plus, we don’t like a “busy” resort.
-I have not heard anyone mention WL? Are their DVCs in play possibly?
I’m kind of wondering if Disney will say “this is our offer, take it or leave it” or, if I have room to “haggle”.
I don’t want to “settle” for less, but I am just not familiar with DVC? We have only done “cash” sides.
I know this is long, but any feedback is appreciated!
We are older, done Disney plenty of times with our kids and multiple foster children , really looking for a mostly “resort” getaway with a few days at HS for die hard SW fan hubby. ( did go to galaxys edge opening in DL last year) which was why we wanted YC for SAB and access to HS.

“If” My “TA” is presented with a “move” on Monday....not a downgrade ( even though I would consider if compensated) what should I even consider/entertain? I’m going with the “assumption” it will be a DVC.
“right now” we are at YC aug 4-11. even if they open I will not stay there without SAB. So if no change, we will cancel/reschedule.
-Would consider SSR/OKW but only a 2 bed room ( is that reasonable coming from YC?)
-Would consider ( I think) Animal kingdom (kidani?....I know nothing about AK at all 🙄 ( but don’t know what’s “lateral”? 1 bed bed/2bed?)
-I don’t know how I feel about Poly??? Normally yes for firework view...but no fireworks now. Plus, we don’t like a “busy” resort.
I’m kind of wondering if Disney will say “this is our offer, take it or leave it” or, if I have room to “haggle”.
I don’t want to “settle” for less, but I am just not familiar with DVC? We have only done “cash” sides.
We are older, done Disney plenty of times with our kids and multiple foster children , really looking for a mostly “resort” getaway with a few days at HS for die hard SW fan hubby. ( did go to galaxys edge opening in DL last year) which was why we wanted YC for SAB and access to HS.

If you are moved by Disney, you don’t get a choice—there is no negotiation. If you ask to move to a specific hotel, you will have to pay the difference.

Last edited:

It is extremely likely that you will have no room to haggle. If precedent remains, you can take what you are offered at no charge or pay the difference in price to have a choice in changing your reservation.

You either accept or cancel there is no haggling. You can understand that I'm sure as there are thousands of ppl they have to do this for and its already taking for ever if they let everyone haggle it would ridiculous!

I am able to check in to one of the resorts (Kidani), but not the other two resorts (neither one is likely to open). It lets me go through the process, but then it says that online check-in is not available.
I checked in a while ago. I have totally lost track of time, so not sure how long ago. I am sure it was before it was announced that the NBA was taking my room. 😞

If you modify dates and pay any price difference have they let free dining people carry the 35% forward?

I just called to ask about my stay. My CM put me on hold to ask Guest Services about my reservation (2 rooms @ GF, 7/18-7/26) She came back and said that Guest Services said that yes the NBA is at GF, but they aren’t taking over the entire resort. We are expected to stay at the GF 😯 (First, I’ve heard of this). All I can figure is since they’re keeping the restaurant’s and shops open, they’d move us into the main building? And close off the rest for NBA? Has anyone else heard this?

I just called to ask about my stay. My CM put me on hold to ask Guest Services about my reservation (2 rooms @ GF, 7/18-7/26) She came back and said that Guest Services said that yes the NBA is at GF, but they aren’t taking over the entire resort. We are expected to stay at the GF 😯 (First, I’ve heard of this). All I can figure is since they’re keeping the restaurant’s and shops open, they’d move us into the main building? And close off the rest for NBA? Has anyone else heard this?

I have not, but given that is still a month away, maybe they will be keeping some open...however, I would be very surprised if they kept you there.

I wonder if this is true for YC also? That the NBA will have “part” of the resort? But not sure how Taft would work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter