Resort Change by Disney

I just logged into MDE on my computer, not the app, and all of my July resort reservations and dining reservations (including those recently booked by phone for dining at resorts) now have a change option to click. I tried clicking it just to see and it won’t let me do anything, but I definitely didn’t have a change option to click yesterday for those resorts or restaurants.

I am just hating this uncertainty. I don’t care where I stay August 2, as long as I get to stay and get park ressies. We’re scheduled for Pop, and I would feel guilty for getting bumped to Deluxe or DVC when others have paid such higher rates. We don’t stay at the resorts typically during the day, it’s nothing more than a place to sleep for us and we can go more often by spending less on resorts.
But with reduced park hours, it will be pretty neat to spend more time at the nicer resorts. My husband, however, is worried this will spoil us and double the prices of our future trips. 🤪

Could be wrong, but seems like like a lot of YC and BC people are being moved to Poly
All of those moves, I believe, were booked with Travel Agents and during the same two week time frame in late Aug/Early Sept. I haven’t heard of anyone not booked through a TA being moved from YC/BC to Poly.

What's up with the Fort Wilderness Cabins? They seem okay to me. I think that kitchen would be especially nice since there will not be a dining plan. Any specific reason people do not like the cabins?
We have stayed at the cabins before, on our own dime, and we had a great stay. Kitchen was great for making our own breakfast. For social distancing, they'd be fabulous because no one is around you. It's spread out but we had our own car and took that to the parks so we didn't reply on the bus system. We have five in our family and we appreciated all the beds, but I could see parents not wanting the kids bunk beds in the same room as them. My son remembers it as the time we stayed in the Disney forest. My husband is cautious about traveling during a pandemic, mainly about the airline ride, but he says if we get upgraded to a cabin, he wants to go even if I can't get park reservations since it's currently room only. So I think the cabins aren't for people who want a standard resort with easy access to amenities, but they have a lot of other things going for them.

363 cabins. Not everyone staying at Value Resorts will be moved there.

Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone enjoys the outdoorsy feel. They are somewhat isolated and require either using the internal bus system, a car or a golf cart for getting around. It’s a more relaxed type of vacation. If you’re the type to go to the park from rope drop to closing, you may not appreciate needing to take an internal bus to get to the boat dock or trading post. Quick service dining is not convenient and not everyone wants to cook when on vacation.
Yes I watched a YouTube on FW cabins and the place is huge. The people in the video had to use the golf cart to get to different areas around it. We won’t have a car so I’m not thrilled about it.

I am just hating this uncertainty. I don’t care where I stay August 2, as long as I get to stay and get park ressies. We’re scheduled for Pop, and I would feel guilty for getting bumped to Deluxe or DVC when others have paid such higher rates. We don’t stay at the resorts typically during the day, it’s nothing more than a place to sleep for us and we can go more often by spending less on resorts.
But with reduced park hours, it will be pretty neat to spend more time at the nicer resorts. My husband, however, is worried this will spoil us and double the prices of our future trips. 🤪

I don’t think you should feel guilty at all! People are entitled to their opinions, but I personally don’t care what my neighbor paid 🤷🏻‍♀️ I hope people get awesome upgrades at no charge!

All of those moves, I believe, were booked with Travel Agents and during the same two week time frame in late Aug/Early Sept. I haven’t heard of anyone not booked through a TA being moved from YC/BC to Poly.
Could this be one of those agencies I've read about that books blocks of rooms then sells them off as individual rooms but clients never realize unless Disney goes and makes a change that affects the whole block?

Could this be one of those agencies I've read about that books blocks of rooms then sells them off as individual rooms but clients never realize unless Disney goes and makes a change that affects the whole block?
Maybe. I just don’t want anyone who is staying at YC/BC to think they will automatically be moved to Poly as I’ve seen mentioned may be a possibility. It could happen but the reservations mentioned here that it happened to seem to have very specific dates and circumstances.

So, was reading this thread early on this month, now there are just too many pages to catch up on. Is there a different thread that I missed that JUST has people listing changes that have been made to their reservations from a presumably closed resort?

Maybe. I just don’t want anyone who is staying at YC/BC to think they will automatically be moved to Poly as I’ve seen mentioned may be a possibility. It could happen but the reservations mentioned here that it happened to seem to have very specific dates and circumstances.
Maybe people can also just say the agency they used - that might help show any patterns (even a pattern of Disney going agency by agency or something).

So, was reading this thread early on this month, now there are just too many pages to catch up on. Is there a different thread that I missed that JUST has people listing changes that have been made to their reservations from a presumably closed resort?
This is probably the closest that I’ve seen but most are pre opening as that’s all Disney is “officially” handling right now. https://www.disboards.com/threads/post-your-rescheduled-relocated-resort-date-here.3804041/

So we actually have 2 reservations for the same week: 8/22 - 8/29 (I know, I'm sorry to be those obnoxious people - there's a reason though). We were originally booked at Beach Club on Free Dining Bounceback that we booked last summer. Prior to the reopening announcements, there was availability at Yacht Club with the room only discount that was a decent deal (25%, I think). Since I was unsure of pretty much anything about reopening, I was worried that the changes would make the dining plan not worth having (no need to worry about that now) and wasn't sure then if having a package would make sense, especially since we're Gold DVC passholders and just booked the package for the Free Dining and would have had to use the ticket portion towards renewal. Now especially, we're uncertain about renewing this year since the extension takes us through both of our scheduled trips (August and early December).

So, now we're holding on to both reservations in case one gets moved somewhere better, one (BC) doesn't get moved and they actually open Stormalong Bay, etc. I think it's even more important now to know where we're staying because that actually influences our park selections. If we're still in Epcot area vs. Magic Kingdom area, this really makes a difference for our first and last days, etc. and whether we focus more on the closer parks or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter