Resort Change by Disney

Looking for some advice here regarding my resort situation. I used a TA who has assured me more than once that Disney will accommodate me to an equal value resort at no extra cost to me. (The posts on this thread for the most part confirm that.) I have a 6 night stay at ASMo (with all 6 park reservations booked) for late July. Obviously, that resort won’t be open and more than likely I’ll be moved to Pop. Here’s my dilemma: My TA’s boss was adamant that we not ask to be moved but rather have Disney move us (to avoid the up charge). I just don’t know if I should wait it out and let Disney do the transferring like my TA is suggesting or if I should call. (And let me just say that I love my TA! She’s been so helpful during this whole thing so I want to trust her completely. The posts in this thread just make me think I should be more proactive.) What do you guys think?
Disney has stated that reservations not changed by 7 days before check-in will be cancelled without warning. I don't remember where in the page it was. But... Yeah. Don't wait for Disney.

Looking for some advice here regarding my resort situation. I used a TA who has assured me more than once that Disney will accommodate me to an equal value resort at no extra cost to me. (The posts on this thread for the most part confirm that.) I have a 6 night stay at ASMo (with all 6 park reservations booked) for late July. Obviously, that resort won’t be open and more than likely I’ll be moved to Pop. Here’s my dilemma: My TA’s boss was adamant that we not ask to be moved but rather have Disney move us (to avoid the up charge). I just don’t know if I should wait it out and let Disney do the transferring like my TA is suggesting or if I should call. (And let me just say that I love my TA! She’s been so helpful during this whole thing so I want to trust her completely. The posts in this thread just make me think I should be more proactive.) What do you guys think?
That was the case before, but now it's not. It's best to call and be firm that your resort is closed and you're not moving your dates or paying more money. It helps to also ask to speak to guest services. I wish I'd known this earlier. A helpful CM just told me how to lock in "price protection" when moving resorts due to closures.

ait, it couldn't hurt to try. I am still waiting to talk to someone about the change. Total time 3 hrs 20 mins and still going
I think things are looking good on my end. Got through on AP line and waiting on Guest Services. She said it looked promising given the situation and how things panned out for us. We'll go regardless, but would love to have the extra bed. If we end up at POP, I get to spend a week sleeping with my 4 year old daughter. Lets just say my husband is a better bedmate than she is. :)

Regardless, I am at least grateful we have a room and park reservations which is more than others. Good luck to everyone!

So I finally changed my dates and resorts and I told her I'd like to keep my park hoppers (in case they allow it in November). When I now go into MDE, I don't see tickets... it just says resort hotel package. She did say something about 24 hours for everything to go through MDE, but of course I'm nervous as I want to make park pass reservations pronto. Did anyone else have similar case? Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing??

I've been checking. No cancel link :( I'm not in a huge rush and don't want to take any phone space from people who need it more right now so I'll hang out and wait! Maybe I'll get a cancel link, if not I will just cancel in a few days.
Bummer :(
I was hoping this was a new standard that just popped up.

Been waiting for 2.5 hours for guest services now... has this happened to other people? Scared I won't get through

I've been on hold for a total of a little over 4 hours total(the first hour and a half wait and someone answered but had to transfer me to someone in Guest Services(haven't talked to them yet). I would've probably hung up by now, but our trip is for July 11-18, so I don't have much choice but to wait to try to get our resort switched to one that will be open and have availability. Hoping everyone else can get what they need when they call. It's been a long day of listening to the same loop of music over and over and over again. LOL I know things could be so much worse, though, so I'm not complaining. I just wanted others to know what they might be in store for when they try to call.

I've been on hold for a total of a little over 4 hours total(the first hour and a half wait and someone answered but had to transfer me to someone in Guest Services(haven't talked to them yet). I would've probably hung up by now, but our trip is for July 11-18, so I don't have much choice but to wait to try to get our resort switched to one that will be open and have availability. Hoping everyone else can get what they need when they call. It's been a long day of listening to the same loop of music over and over and over again. LOL I know things could be so much worse, though, so I'm not complaining. I just wanted others to know what they might be in store for when they try to call.

You're a little bit behind me! I'm at 4:37 total

Okay, update! I called back because the CM from this morning wanting to upcharge me to move just didn't feel right after seeing everyone's posts. I got through in about 10 minutes to speak to another CM who was super super helpful and nice and totally understanding! She actually read me the script they got: If a guest's resort is closed, as long as that guest doesn't modify their dates, they have "price protection" (as someone previously stated) to move to any resort that is open and has availability. I'm so glad I called back! She stressed that they won't hold it against me for moving to the DVC side of AKL once I get through to Guest Services since the previous conversation with the CM from this morning is recorded and they'll be able to see the modifications she did on my reservation. She said I'll get taken care of - but I decided to call back at another time because she also said there were 731 callers ahead of me for GS! I hope my situation can help out anyone else in the same boat.
What number are you calling? I've been trying all day with just busy signals.

I'm in the same boat. If I don't hear more by tomorrow, I'll reach out again.

Well that was annoying. After over 3 hours I finally got through to a CM only to be told he couldn't do anything for me and that they would be in touch with people in date order. It literally says on the website "Those currently traveling July 11 - December 31, 2020 may request assistance beginning Monday, June 22. "...

I even asked if I could modify and pay the difference in price but was told no.

I'm in the UK so maybe they are dealing with us differently to domestic guests. It's just frustrating seeing people being able to move. Anyone else in the UK had any luck?

I was told that if i’d confirmed my stay under manage my booking, there was nothing else I could do and that they would contact me sometime after June 27th.

What number are you calling? I've been trying all day with just busy signals.
407-939-5277
I used the VIPassholder line this morning, called this number a few times and got the busy signal, took a nap, then called again and got through within 10 minutes

Was able to change AKL CL room to Kidani 1 bedroom Savannah view for a change of $1.17 in their favor online. However there were no alternatives offered for GF CL Main building. Nothing. Worrisome.

I am a TA myself and this information is not correct, well not all of it. It is correct that you shouldn't ask to move but rather inquire where you will be moved, but it is not correct that you would wait for Disney to move you. It has been stated that you (or in your case your TA) MUST call. Otherwise your reservation will be cancelled 7 days prior to check-in.

Unfortunately you are not able to call yourself, but your TA has to. Stress to her that you don't want them to modify and you choose your resort. That she needs to speak to Special Teams to get you moved by Disney.

I've started my phone journey. Only on hold for about five minutes until a CM picked up. Transferred to guest services and now on hold again.
Same. I have been calling ALL DAY but when i finally got through, someone answered immediately and when I told her I was calling to find out where we'd be staying in July since CBR would be closed, she immediately said "Guest services can help you with that!" and transferred me. Seems as the day is going on they are starting to understand how this process is all working. I've been on hold for about 45 minutes at this point. I'll report back where they move us to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter