Resort Change by Disney

Help!! I have a 35% off ressie for Sports in September. What are my options? Are people calling and getting another resort with the 35% discount? What type of free upgrades are people getting? tia
Based solely on what I've read on this thread and others, you'll (likely) be offered POP at no additional cost. This is purely speculative. I'm holding now (4.5hrs and counting for GS) for my September reservation with the same discount at POR. I'm guessing (again, based on this and other posts) that I'll be offered CBR or a WL lodge cabin. I don't have any interest in CBR and while the WL cabin looks nice, I live in the woods in MN so it's basically like leaving home to stay at home. I'm not going to argue and just hope for the best so we can still enjoy the vacation.

Help!! I have a 35% off ressie for Sports in September. What are my options? Are people calling and getting another resort with the 35% discount? What type of free upgrades are people getting? tia
I have a akl savannah view at Jambo house for the end of September. I was offered a 1 bedroom at Jambo with the same view with no upcharge. I was disconnected before the change was complete. I will try calling back tomorrow.

People are spending literally hours on the phones today. Try tomorrow. You will probably be moved to Pop if Sports remains closed, since WDW is trying to keep people in the same category they originally booked. If you want to upgrade and choose your resort, you will pay the upgrade.

I just got home from work and called again. I’ve been on hold for 17 minutes so far. Trying to see where they want to move our room to. Do y’all think I should just hang up and try tomorrow because it’s already pretty late?

We are arriving 7/9 and still don't know where we will be placed! Between myself and my TA, we spent 8 hours today on the phone. She is going to try again tomorrow 😞 Park reservations worked out today, but it's hard to get excited when you don't know where you are staying!
It is beyond comprehension that someone a little over 2 weeks from a planned arrival can’t get an answer for where they are going to stay. Would it have been so hard to take care of July reservations first? And a TA can’t get through at all?! Just unbelievable. I am a Disney diehard fan for 30+ years and this has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I realize that COVID has presented many challenges, but how they addressed those challenges was severely inadequate and illogical.

I just got home from work and called again. I’ve been on hold for 17 minutes so far. Trying to see where they want to move our room to. Do y’all think I should just hang up and try tomorrow because it’s already pretty late?
Lots of reports of Guest Services not taking additional calls so you may want to try tomorrow.

I have been on hold for a total of 7.5 hours. When someone could finally talk to me, they told me they couldn’t help me because of something going on with their computer. They put me on hold again and now I’m just hoping I can get these changes made tonight instead of redoing this all tomorrow.

Was on hold 2.5 hours finally got someone, was having trouble linking our tickets. Got disconnected!!! Unbelievable, I agree with previous posters, not handled well at all!!

While we wait......I just saw they released the Disney restaurants that will be open in the parks. Seems like quite a few will be open, but not Tusker House, Crystal Palace, or Les Halles at Epcot France. I’m sure there are more not opening, but those are the ones I noticed missing from the list.

Here is how my resort change went

I had a split stay in August and was able to move my first half stay to December.

For my second stay which I wanted to keep as the same summer dates, I was able to change from BWI to CR Main. I wanted BWV or Poly Villa but neither were available for my dates 8/9-8/15. BWV 1 BR was all that was left but there are 5 of us and it only holds 4. I didn't check on Jambo.

Total hold time7 hours.

AND, there was a power/system glitch so she has to call me tomorrow to confirm the price ugh! I'm sure it will be ok though(fingers crossed!)

She was the nicest CM though:cloud9:

Good luck to those still on hold or calling tomorrow!

Here is how my resort change went

I had a split stay in August and was able to move my first half stay to December.

For my second stay which I wanted to keep as the same summer dates, I was able to change from BWI to CR Main. I wanted BWV or Poly Villa but neither were available for my dates 8/9-8/15. BWV 1 BR was all that was left but there are 5 of us and it only holds 4. I didn't check on Jambo.

Total hold time7 hours.

AND, there was a power/system glitch so she has to call me tomorrow to confirm the price ugh! I'm sure it will be ok though(fingers crossed!)

She was the nicest CM though:cloud9:

Good luck to those still on hold or calling tomorrow!
Thanks for the update! Gives me hope someone might eventually answer.

Finally got around to calling - I thought it would be less of a wait to try later in the day. I got through to a cast member right away - who kindly told me that guest services was cut off at about 5:30 due to a 4+ hour wait. He advised me to call back before 5 tomorrow in case the same thing happened. He also told me that he expects lines will be even busier Wednesday due to the reservations being opened up for tickets for 2021 and that I should make sure I call tomorrow.

Finally got around to calling - I thought it would be less of a wait to try later in the day. I got through to a cast member right away - who kindly told me that guest services was cut off at about 5:30 due to a 4+ hour wait. He advised me to call back before 5 tomorrow in case the same thing happened. He also told me that he expects lines will be even busier Wednesday due to the reservations being opened up for tickets for 2021 and that I should make sure I call tomorrow.
Who is making decisions at Disney? Did they really think it wise to only have 2 days between opening the rest of 2020 for modifications and opening 2021? I feel for the poor CMs who are on the front lines of poor decisions.

I called at 8:15 after an hour she could not (and said other cm’s) get through to the system. Finally told me to call tomorrow.

I got through 3 times today and no one could give me a room for my dates 7/16-19.

So frustrated but have to say they all were very friendly and sympathetic.

While we wait......I just saw they released the Disney restaurants that will be open in the parks. Seems like quite a few will be open, but not Tusker House, Crystal Palace, or Les Halles at Epcot France. I’m sure there are more not opening, but those are the ones I noticed missing from the list.
Where can I find this list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter