Resort Change by Disney

Was on hold for a total of 6 hours yesterday. Finally got transferred to GS at around 3pm-ish. Got disconnected 4.5 hours later and they wouldn't put me back in the queue for GS after that. Called again this morning right at 7am and still waiting 30 minutes later to talk to a CM so I can get transferred over to GS and begin the wait again. It would be frustrating if this didn't happen literally every time something launches/changes/etc lol.

I called right at 7, got through immediately, connection was bad and ended hanging up. Tried to call back again, nothing but busy signals. Come on universe! I don't think my trip was meant to be!
If it happens again...stay on. Mine was like that too, bit I stayed cause just getting through was such a huge accomplishment compared to my luck yesterday and once I got through the 1st set of prompts it cleared up. Man...they really don't want us to come...and yet here we are - the spell is STRONG lol.

I just thought about how awkward it'd be if I were to get the same CM from yesterday morning...the one who was trying to force me into spending more money to be moved from AKL. But now I'll be like "I need to speak to Guest Services regarding my resort reservation." Remember, that's the key, people!! (Also, side note: She changed my phone number on my account even though I kept telling her it was wrong so I hope a CM today can help change that back as well. It's correct on MDE but the prompt to confirm on the phone had it incorrect aka the one she kept telling me yesterday)

I think Disney's IT accomplished what they were tasked with. Create a system that has just enough bugs to make people call to an already overburdened phone system. They've created a perfect storm. I am this close to canceling, which is what they want. I wonder how they handle the $40 gift card they sent me. Add that when I cancel that trip?

I know a lot of people think they are doing this because they want people to cancel. In the real world, I would totally agree that it seems this way. But honestly guys: in the Disney bubble, these IT issues and long wait times always happen whenever something changes or launches. It's been this way for as long as I've been doing this. Frustrating, but entirely predictable IMO.

Kept getting a busy signal, but I have a work meeting coming up, so I can't try anymore. :(

I'll try after my meeting, but I can't take a call when I cover the receptionist's lunch, so hopefully I will be able to get through to someone before that time.

This is such a cluster.

I know a lot of people think they are doing this because they want people to cancel. In the real world, I would totally agree that it seems this way. But honestly guys: in the Disney bubble, these IT issues and long wait times always happen whenever something changes or launches. It's been this way for as long as I've been doing this. Frustrating, but entirely predictable IMO.

I agree it was predictable. But to open it up to multiple issues at the same time is causing too much demand. I have my park reservations for my second trip but I still need to get them for my first trip. Both trips are at Sports so I have to move them. I'm going to give them some time and try again. If I can't get what I want for the first trip in the days to come I am going to cancel.

good luck everyone

Does anyone have a tip to help me? I want to make my park reservation-it says it can't find our tickets, then when I put the ticket # in that red wording comes up "looks like your experiencing problems" and wont let me continue-I did link my tickets months ago when I received them. Like everyone else, on hold for over 3 hours last night, finally spoke to an IT guy to get disconnected half way through our call. Of course can't get through now, but just thought if anyone had some sort of work around, I would really really appreciate it!

Does anyone have a tip to help me? I want to make my park reservation-it says it can't find our tickets, then when I put the ticket # in that red wording comes up "looks like your experiencing problems" and wont let me continue-I did link my tickets months ago when I received them. Like everyone else, on hold for over 3 hours last night, finally spoke to an IT guy to get disconnected half way through our call. Of course can't get through now, but just thought if anyone had some sort of work around, I would really really appreciate it!
Do you have a child under 3 in your party? It has been reported that that can cause problems if you try to make a reservation for them because they don’t need a ticket.

I am so sad. Got through at 6am and I think the CM gave me the wrong info... I should’ve asked to be put through to GS but didn’t... now I can’t get through the busy tone 😭

I agree it was predictable. But to open it up to multiple issues at the same time is causing too much demand.

Yes, totally agree with you on that. I mean, this was always going to be a cluster. But the free-for-all strategy is making this an unmitigated disaster. I do think that some people will end up cancelling because of this; I just don't think it was necessarily their intention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter