Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

Normally I just book Poly or WL and am done with it. but this year I think I changed resorts 6 times, LOL. First I booked WL then switched to BC, then needed to switch to a moderate so POFQ it was. I decided i didn't like the theme so back to WL and then switched to CSR. ABout 2 months before the trip decided to swicth to CBR because I loved the pics of the new pool/ rooms and theme appealed to me a bit more. I even tried to upgrade back to WL but nothing was available :laughing: so I stuck with CBR and we liked it!! Not sure 100 % where we will stay next year. Depends on finances i guess. If we can go deluxe then BC or WL. If we need a moderate then we'll go back to CBR most likely. My kids want to go back to Poly, LOL

I'm so afraid to book the same resort twice. I don't think that I've stayed at enough resorts to stick to one. I keep feeling like I'm missing something. I REALLY wanted to stay at an Epcot resort this time.....(help) since this is the only area that we haven't stayed yet. My DS wants us to book CR (love that idea) and OKW or SSR have the BEST deals. My DH wants Pop again (he's easy) and wants to get 2 rooms connected (so that we have our own room :lovestruc). I like CSR, BC, CR or Poly....or AKV, BWV for that matter :sick:

Hello all. Two years ago, we began a thread for all who change their resorts over and over again. (and those who call and threaten to change whenever they read something about another resort). We call it resort changeritis :sick:.
It is an illness and the only cure is to rationalize with others who enjoy (oh, I mean suffer from) resort changing.

Our most recent trip was August/September of this year. We stayed at AKL and booked bounceback for next year, same time. Originally, I booked BC. This after researching Poly, GF and CR before I left home, preparing to book Poly. :scared1: and.....we're off........

Since then, I have changed from BC to SSR and just yesterday I changed to OKW.... all since September :scared: :sick:

Those who understand, come join me. We have until our 40 day limit to change, change, change....Cha Cha Cha Changes....

Oh, by the way, has anyone stayed at OKW and SSR?? Which one did you prefer???....

This is a safe place for all.....don't be ashamed, admitting your weaknesses is the first step...:grouphug:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who suffered from this! It seems like the more I research the worse it makes things! Maybe there should be a support group for this!:rotfl:

That's why I don't want to use a TA. He/she would send a post out to all other TA: "Avoid rie'smom ,like the plague. She's a cuckoo who changes resorts 1000 million times." I'd be infamous in the travel agent world.:scared1:

I think I already am!!!!!!!!!!!:Oh well, I guess I could have a worse "condition".......... :lmao:

I thought I'd always be an MK resort area type! Then the YC, and then BWV...its a great area stepdisney!!!
I am daydreaming they release some special codes/discounts for BC next Feb due to the closing of SAB!..lol..a girl can dream, huh?
Its peak season and have no idea what AP rates are going to be! So I am not EVEN going to book yet

Ok...confession..booked POP 2 weeks ago but never gave them the deposit! LOL
Will wait a few more weeks....maybe POFQ..found out CSR has 3 conventions during our 4 nights! LOL Only thing left are King's!
because then, I figure why spend $113 more or so for CBR preferred when I can have POFQ?!

See, this is how all this works for you non resort changer types!! LOL
I even change DVC resorts..but only have done that once so far:)

Just wanted to add...

As long as we all have fun with this (resort changing) and are really not stressing:)

Share your stories:)

The more I ready your posts, the more it makes me want to switch my resort, again:lmao: Ok, you guys, stop it. :rotfl2:

Wow....so glad to know that I'm not the only one who does this!! We love staying at the Poly as our 1st choice, but love alot of the other resorts that we've tried also! I drive my poor DH nuts!! :)

Not only do I switch resorts... but kept switching dates, too. Was going the 2nd week of Dec... then Thanksgiving weekend... then 1st week december, then back to Thanksgiving weekend, then to the 2nd week in Nov.. then to the 1st week - and back to the 2nd week of November. phew! During that time, have switched back and forth from ASMovies, to ASMo Family suites - to POR, to POFQ, to ASMovies again, then added a split stay at POFQ, then to POP and then to ASMOvies again, ditched the split stay at POFQ, but then later added an extra day at the start of our trip, at FQ.
Finally all is set and NO more switching for me! The worst was switching dates around, getting all my ADRs and then cancelling them and starting over with the new dates.

Yes! The saga continues.......We were originally booked at the ASMu Family suite, then I changed to POR when the code came out.:thumbsup2 That saved us about $600......but now thinking about changing back to the suite.:confused3 Why can't we make up our minds?:sick:

My name is Robin and it has been three days since my final resort change. I actually believe I am through now, in three weeks we'll be there. Now I have moved on to second guessing and changing my ADRs. Just switched a San Angel Inn for GF Café, what's next? Changing GF Café for Kona? :lmao: :lmao:

So, I'm still torn about wear to stay...we were at CBR, but I changed to ASMo because of the cost, but ds wants AS sports and dd wants ASMu...

I figured if I stay with Movies neither one of them wins and I won't hear complaints about you picked that one over the one I wanted, blah, blah, blah. And I don't like Pop, so that one is out of the question. Grrr, we might be going back to a moderate, cause hubby is not happy with a value.

Help me....:confused3

I mean, I still have months to go, but this keeps me motivated...should I just leave it alone for a few months and then decided???

Oh Resort changer guru's, I need your guidance.....:wizard:

So, I'm still torn about wear to stay...we were at CBR, but I changed to ASMo because of the cost, but ds wants AS sports and dd wants ASMu...

I figured if I stay with Movies neither one of them wins and I won't hear complaints about you picked that one over the one I wanted, blah, blah, blah. And I don't like Pop, so that one is out of the question. Grrr, we might be going back to a moderate, cause hubby is not happy with a value.

Help me....:confused3

I mean, I still have months to go, but this keeps me motivated...should I just leave it alone for a few months and then decided???

Oh Resort changer guru's, I need your guidance.....:wizard:

I like the pool at Movies with the curtain. If hubby wants a moderate, I'd go with CSR (to start) because they just changed the beds to queen and the pool looks wonderful, (although the new pool at CBR looks great and the rooms have just been renovated also). CBR is tropical and that's like having two vacations in one. However, I really like the theming at the All Stars. It is the quintessential "Disney" experience IMHO......uh, in the immortal words of Disneybride Diana, "I'm not helping am I?" :sad2: But that's what makes this thread so much fun, we can talk through it until one of us comes up with a solution. :grouphug: .

I like the pool at Movies with the curtain. If hubby wants a moderate, I'd go with CSR (to start) because they just changed the beds to queen and the pool looks wonderful, (although the new pool at CBR looks great and the rooms have just been renovated also). CBR is tropical and that's like having two vacations in one. However, I really like the theming at the All Stars. It is the quintessential "Disney" experience IMHO......uh, in the immortal words of Disneybride Diana, "I'm not helping am I?" :sad2: But that's what makes this thread so much fun, we can talk through it until one of us comes up with a solution. :grouphug: .

lol....:rotfl: Its such a hard choice!! See, I like the theming of all star movies:) We've stayed at POR and loved it! But, then I get this feeling of maybe possibly trying a new resort each time we stay there....

Calgon..........take me away..................or make my decision for me, hee hee.

Ok...confession..booked POP 2 weeks ago but never gave them the deposit! LOL
Gee.... if this counts, then I am guilty. I figured out that some Disney agents will give you a courtesy hold on a room for a few days without a deposit, so I did that a few times. :rotfl: Then, I finally had to pony up the deposit :scared1: But, I can always change my mind! :dance3:

Hey, I got a great idea for Disney. They should come up with a "resort" tour for people like us. I imagine the tour would have a guide that would drive around to all the resorts and give you say 15-20 at each where you could walk around and see the key highlights. Maybe even a progressive where you get snacks and lunch at some of the stops. Kind of like what they do for travel agents, except instead it would be for us Disney fans. Now, why hasn't someone thought of this before:confused3. I would love to be able to visit all the resorts, then I could really obsess :rotfl:

I havent booked anything yet for March, but I keep changing my mind, making a new sample schedule, then starting over. Now I am wondering about renting from a DVC member. It is hard to find enough information for that. I am driving myself nuts! On the other hand, I do enjoy planning, so who knows. There is just so much to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter