Resort Changers--The Saga Continues.....

stepdisney:
The Boardwalk area is wonderful. We love BWV, of course that's our home resort. The BC has SAB which is very nice. The Swan and Dolphin are the best if you want to feel pampered.

DisneyBride'03
[/COLOR]
How can you find out about conventions at CSR? Thank-you!

Disneynutbsv

If you choose a totally different resort, neither child will be happy. I'd go with CSR because of the pool, the queen size beds and the wonderful staff.

Yesterday, I changed our room only to the DDP. We're w/in the 45 day mark and I won't spend the money to change it. I was tempted to start playing the didichoosetherightresortophobia game again.

I'll hang out here so that I can vicariously enjoy the resort changes. Or, I can go to the site as a previous poster suggested and pretend I'm changing resorts!

jpeltier... Go to the CSR Faq thread that Buzz created, on Page 1, he has a link that lists the info regarding the conventions. its not official..but its compiled info from other Disers..

Well I've decided to stay put @ OKW. I figure they may not offer it again with free DDP and the 30% discount, whereas CSR had no discount at all. It's a little more than I wanted to pay for this particular trip...but that's okay. :thumbsup2

(But I do have a "Plan B" -- If they open free DDP booking in April like they did last year and earlier dates are available than 8/23, I'm going to move our reservation up as early as they allow even if if means we have to do a value or moderate as I'd be able to get another trip with our existing APs. I don't think that will happen...but a girl can always hope!)

Well I've decided to stay put @ OKW. I figure they may not offer it again with free DDP and the 30% discount,

What if they offer free dining and a discount at another resort :scared: :scared1: !! I keep thinking that they may offer free dining and a deluxe discount which would change us back to BC....(or CR, or Poly)

My DH wishes there was a 12 step help group for this. I have changed my poor bounceback ressie so many times that I dread calling CRO. I had the same poor guy twice...in one day:rotfl2: :rotfl2: The resort has changed four times now and the party travelling has doubled in size. I know that somebody at Dining reservations is dreading Feb.28th as that is my 180 days out:thumbsup2 . My poor excel spreadsheet has been reprinted to many times to count.:rolleyes:
The only definite that I have told people is that they will have somewhere to sleep and that we will have dining reservations for somewhere for the entire length of our stay.:laughing: :laughing:

[FONT="Arial BlacWhat if they offer free dining and a discount at another resort !! I keep thinking that they may offer free dining and a deluxe discount which would change us back to BC....(or CR, or Poly)
k"][/FONT]

UUUGGGG......That's not even funny!!!! I cancelled my 2 bedroon villa at BCV for a 2200.00 saving to switch it to SSR:eek: :eek:

What if they offer free dining and a discount at another resort :scared: :scared1: !! I keep thinking that they may offer free dining and a deluxe discount which would change us back to BC....(or CR, or Poly)

See ABOVE POST!!!!

I canceled BC for a huge savings on a 1 bedroom at SSR and then OKW. I keep going back between the two but I'm currently booked at OKW. Notice how I haven't changed my ticker (failure to commit). Believe me, my morning ritual is to log in and check every discount and code site first thing (so what the children haven't had breakfast!!:lmao: ) to see if any offers are around that will match or beat the free dining/discount Bounceback offer and offer other resorts.

Disneynuts, have you stayed at SSR or OKW before? If you have, tell me what you liked/disliked about either.

So far I've heard that the OKW first floor room is covered by bush, but the rooms are VERY large and spacious which is why I haven't changed back to SSR just yet. The pool at SSR makes me go back and forth about resorts. Normally, the size of OKW would have been enough but the pool at SSR looks wonderful.

stepdisney, we stayed at SSR and we didn't like it at all. It had more of a condo that happens to be in Orlando feel. There's more of a Disney feeling at the Swan and Dolphin.
The balcony has 2 plastic chairs and a teeny table.
OKW has nice balconies.
The Artist Palette check out line is mixed with the gift shop check out line. It's one big space. If you have hot food and you have to wait in a long line, which we did on several occasions, your food is cold by the time you pay for your meal.
I'll stay offsite before I'll stay at SSR.

The great thing abt WDW, so many choices!!
So many different guests...= different opinions/preferences:goodvibes

Wehad a 2 bdr at OKW, loved the space, had a nice sized balcony...plastic table and chairs...
stepdisney, I personally felt it was more like a condo community..not saying that is a negative though.
We needed the space a 2 bdr at OKW provided!

Yeah, the balconies may be larger at OKW compared to SSR..but I have enjoyed a 1 bdr and a studio at SSR...beautiful! Loved the Grandstand pool area and the Main pool area.

While I will agree with the PP about the Artist Palette getting busy at peak times, they do need to work on the check out lines there. However, at SSR there is indoor seating , which is very nice....you really cant compare SSR and OKW quick service, so different, so not fair to compare.

You have a tough choice!!
Here are some of my fave SSR photos...I have some of OKW too, just not on my photobucket yet!!
DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

(that cute little kid had to get in all my photos,,,sorry:laughing: )

WDW_Di_DEC07-008-1.jpg

WDW090107___2.jpg

WDW_Di_DEC07-022-1.jpg

Dont want to tie up the thread, but can pm you my 1bdr SSR photos and my 2bdr photos, which are the same thing as the one....just minus the 2nd bdr, which was HUGE!

I just switched my resort to AKL from PO-R (have to call AAA and cancel the previous ressie). Now I'm up to 4 resort changes for this one trip. Poly->WL->PO-R->AKL. I have a sickness.

I canceled BC for a huge savings on a 1 bedroom at SSR and then OKW. I keep going back between the two but I'm currently booked at OKW. Notice how I haven't changed my ticker (failure to commit). Believe me, my morning ritual is to log in and check every discount and code site first thing (so what the children haven't had breakfast!!:lmao: ) to see if any offers are around that will match or beat the free dining/discount Bounceback offer and offer other resorts.

Disneynuts, have you stayed at SSR or OKW before? If you have, tell me what you liked/disliked about either.

So far I've heard that the OKW first floor room is covered by bush, but the rooms are VERY large and spacious which is why I haven't changed back to SSR just yet. The pool at SSR makes me go back and forth about resorts. Normally, the size of OKW would have been enough but the pool at SSR looks wonderful.

Stepdisney...I believe it is all a matter of preference. We have stayed at both and by far we love SSR the most. OKW yes does have bigger rooms and the studio or second bedroom will have to queens instead of a double pull out sofa. Only the dedicated 2 bedrooms at SSR have 2 queens in them. OKW to me is just dated and needs some refurb. help. We are not balcony people so this does not influence my choice.
SSR meets all of our family needs (Both DD's are teenagers)....The pools are amazing. The rooms are smaller than at OKW but in all honesty 1100 sq ft for a two bdrm is just slightly smaller than our house so we do not find it small. We love that you can easily stroll to DTD and then catch a bus to any other resort that you may want to go to. Then at the other resort we just take the DTD bus back.We eat dinners late some nights. So if the magic kingdom closes at 10pm and we are still eating we do not worry.The DTD buses run until at least 1a.m(not sure how this will work now that pleasure island is closed:sad2: )
DH loves the gym and the spa is a real treat and very nicely laid out.
The food court is a little crazy at points but I have never had a cold meal. I have always ordered , then paid and have gone back to pick it up. We also order groceries and eat most of our meals at table service places.
This will be our 4th time staying at SSR and I was surprised that the 2 DD's were more excited about staying here than going to BCV!!!
I did not find the buses from SSR to any of the parks different than OKW. All the resorts have had there bad days in the buusing department. It is something that I cannot control so I do not get tied in a knot over it.:upsidedow

I just got my credit card statement for last month. There are 15 different charges/credits from Disney Reservations for changes we made during the billing period. :rolleyes1

Do I win? :rotfl:

Me Too!!

Kaffinito....Oh Kaffinito....

As our "Queen", I'm sure that you've done this at least once haven't you?
:goodvibes

Well, ahem... :rolleyes1

Actually, I shouldn't be sharing this, but I did have to call CRO to "double check" my resort for the middle part of our last trip because I couldn't remember if it was POR, POFQ, CBR, or WL. :teeth:

If I hadn't had everything on a spreadsheet in the computer I don't think I would have been able to keep track of anything! :)

I just got my credit card statement for last month. There are 15 different charges/credits from Disney Reservations for changes we made during the billing period. :rolleyes1

If you don't win, you're right up there!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Actually, I shouldn't be sharing this, but I did have to call CRO to "double check" my resort for the middle part of our last trip because I couldn't remember if it was POR, POFQ, CBR, or WL. :teeth:

If I hadn't had everything on a spreadsheet in the computer I don't think I would have been able to keep track of anything! :)

That's great!!! I've never forgotten which resort I booked:lmao:. :rotfl:

I' ve truly found my home with y'all!:dance3:

Well, not quite yet! Get a few more in and then you can have my crown! I will gladly give it up to you! :goodvibes

Well, not quite yet! Get a few more in and then you can have my crown! I will gladly give it up to you! :goodvibes

Really? My husband will be so glad to hear that I'm not the queen of the resort changers!!! I've driven him half crazy with my indecision, LOL!!

:rotfl2:

I would love to have been a fly on the wall after you hung up just to hear what CRO had to say about that :lmao:.

One thing I noticed about OKW was that it did seem a bit dated; however, we are more interested in the cleanliness, space and amenities. We like a lot of space because we don't have small children. My DS who will be 14, is 6ft. tall. I appreciate ALL of the information, good, bad, indifferent. :goodvibes I really do like the pool area at SSR better from the pictures. (thanks for the pix Diana :thumbsup2 ) I'm just wondering if we will be in the pool as much. The CM who switched me from SSR to OKW said that she prefered SSR also because it is newer. (yes, I asked her....lol).

So many resorts....so little time...:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter