Resort monorail - how late at night can you get on at a resort?

musicguy856

DIS Veteran
Let’s say it’s one of those nights after MK fireworks where either the ferry isn’t running or the Express monorail breaks down resulting in huge lines for the resort monorail. Is it possible to walk to GF or CR and board there late at night? I would think GF would be best since the monorail wouldn’t be full of guests from MK at that point, but how late can you go through security and get on the monorail from a resort?

I'm not sure of your objective. If staying at The Contemporary or BLT, it would be much faster and shorter to walk to your riom then to walk to the GF and then take the monorai. If staying at the GF, if you walled to the GF, there's no need to get onto the monorail to get to your room. if you'd walked to the GF, if would be faster to walk to the Poly than to take the monorail around..

And if the express monorail were not working for some reason AND the ferry wasn't working, Disney would call the ferry into service, add buses, and, perhaps, add a train onto the resort loop.

I'm not sure of your objective. If staying at The Contemporary or BLT, it would be much faster and shorter to walk to your riom then to walk to the GF and then take the monorai. If staying at the GF, if you walled to the GF, there's no need to get onto the monorail to get to your room. if you'd walked to the GF, if would be faster to walk to the Poly than to take the monorail around..

And if the express monorail were not working for some reason AND the ferry wasn't working, Disney would call the ferry into service, add buses, and, perhaps, add a train onto the resort loop.
I was thinking about staying offsite and trying to get back to TTC.

Have the big ferry boats from Magic Kindom to Transportation & Ticket Center ever been completely out of service? There are two docks at each end of the run and at least two boats (maybe three)

Have the big ferry boats from Magic Kindom to Transportation & Ticket Center ever been completely out of service? There are two docks at each end of the run and at least two boats (maybe three)
There are three - the General Joe Fowler, the Admiral Joe Potter, and the Richard F. Irvine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter