Reviews From 11/24 - 12/1 Better Late Then Never!!!!

2giddy4wdw

DIS Veteran
I know that I'm really late on doing this...but things get busy around home for the holidays. We were on the DDP, and yes there is a lot of food. But oh it's all so good!!!

Little preview on who went:
Me - the planner of everthing!!!
DH - the one who makes the money for our wonderful trips!
DD13 - the one that gets to just sit back and enjoy!!
DDbestfriend 15 - she's the picky eater but will eat anything chocolate!
Dsis - Decided to make a quick trip w/
DN - who just had the most adorable baby!!!
DNboyfriend - never met him before!!!
It was great to taste others food that we didn't order!!

Olivia's
This is one of those diamond in the rough places!!!! We love to eat here.

Me - For starters I had the Crab Cake - wow! Then I had the Penne pasta with shrimp and asiago cheese. I've had this here before so I knew how wonderful it was going to be. For dessert I brought back to the room the Key Lime Tart - very good!!!

DH - Cup of Conch Chowder - he loved it and it was very tasty! He decided on the Prime Rib medium rare, which was done to perfection. Ended the meal with the Chocolate cake. Loved everything.

DD - Onion Rings - Oh my where they delicious!!! DD ordered the Pork Chop with dark rum - she loved it. It had wonderful flavor!!! She also got chocolate cake and brought it back to the room.

DDbest friend - Started with the Mozzerella Salad - which was actually quite good!! (I would order that myself next time!) She also went with the Penne Pasta, but didn't want her shrimp so they brought them to us on the side for others to eat!! She ended with the chocolate cake!

Dsis - Crab cakes, for main she got the Grouper which was really good. And she also got the Key Lime Tart.

DN - Ancho Bourbon Chicken Wings - they were so delicious!! Penne Pasta with shrimp and Key Lime Tart!!!

DNboyfriend - Crab Cake - Prime Rib and Key Lime Tart

Tony's Town Square
Now I know alot of people don't like this place, but we just love eating here. Never have we had a bad meal or service here!!

DH - Crispy Calamari - yup they are delicious here. Seafood Diavolo - very tasty and so much of it! Tiramisu - yummy!!!

Me - Crispy Calamari - NY Strip Steak cooked to perfection and very delicious!! Pistachio Creme Brulee - this was such a great dessert!!

Dsis - Tomato and Mozzerella Salad - again a great choice! Eggplant Rotini - this is a great dish, very flavorful. Pistachio Creme Brulee also.

DN boyfriend - Calamari - Eggplant Rotini - Creme Brulee - All yummy!

DN - Spinch and Artichoke Dip - wow very tasty. Chicken Florentine - this dish is also something I would go back and order. For dessert she ordered the Ice Cream Bomb - looked great - and she loved it.

DD - Chicken Noodle Soup - which she loves! Spaghetti - which she really didn't care for. Too mushy for her. She went with the Gelato for dessert - Loves her ice cream!!

DDbest - Spinch and Artichoke Dip - Chicken Pasta - very good. And Cheesecake for dessert.

50's Prime Time Cafe
Since trying this place years ago, it is now a must for us. But I have to say that the service this time was really bad. The waitress was so slow that we missed seeing Fantasmic that night. We were not too happy.:confused3 Another thing - they have cut back on the size of their desserts here since the DDP is becoming more popular.

DH - Onion Rings - But they were cold and mushy. Top Sirloin Steak - really liked this - had lots of flavor. Brownie sundae for dessert.

Me - Shrimp Cocktail - not the best. Fried Chicken - YUMMY!! Smores for dessert - they are always good.

DD - Shrimp Cocktail - Fried Chicken - and for dessert Angel Food Cake. It was so good she ate it all before anyone else could try!!:rotfl:

DDbest - Onion Rings - Fried Chicken - Smores!

DN - Fried Herb Cheese - this was really good. Grilled chicken which she really liked. Brownie Sundae for dessert.

DNboyfriend - Onion Rings - his came out later so they were hot. Top Sirloin Steak. Apple Cobbler ala Mode - very good.

LeCellier
I read so many reviews on this place. It was wonderful!! A must try!! On second thought don't go...then it won't be so hard for me to get in next time. I see why some people complain about the tables being close. But it's really like that in almost all the restaurants. And now we are down to just the four of us.

DH - Prince Edward Island Mussels - OH MY they were very good. DH just loved them. Next up the Mushroom Filet - I don't think that there are words to describe how wonderful this filet is!! For dessert - Canadian Club Cake - which was also very good.

Me - I got one of the Cappuccino Shakes for my drink!!! Started with the Shrimp Cocktail - wasn't going to get this but boy am I glad that I did. It was so good. I could have eaten just that all night and would have been very happy. I also had the Mushroom Filet. And for dessert I had the two Creme Brulees - maple and vanilla - which were to die for!!!

DD - Cheese Soup - and for everyone that gave great reviews on this one - she gives :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 way up!!! She ordered more bread just to dip. 7oz Filet with the maple sauce - she couldn't get enough of this!!! For dessert she ordered the Chocolate Moose - again :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

DDbest - Caesar Salad - which was huge - just need to cut the lettuce a little smaller - very good though. Free Range Chicken - which was very delicious!!! And of course - the chocolate cake.

Crystal Palace
We had never eaten here before and read great reviews on the place. Very nice atmosphere. We had tickets for MVMCP so it worked out great to eat here. It is your basic buffet. I like the way that everything was spead out, but not too far from each other. I don't know if we would eat here again though.

Cape May Cafe - Clam Bake
This is another one of those must buffets!! Although I don't eat that clams - DH and DD make up for everyone that doesn't. I can't believe how much those two can eat in clams!!!:rotfl2: We really like going here because there is just so much different foods here. Oh yeah and the chowder is also very good here. Only problem we ran into was the lines aren't set up that well and people were going both ways in one line. They fixed that after a while though.

Japan Teppanyaki
Again another first for us to eat here. But we were not disappointed at all!!:cool1: Great food and great service here. Here we sat with another family of 3 and it was really crazy because they were from the same state as us and they owned at the same DVC as us. The day before going to Epcot we were at the same park and the following day we were also going to the same park. But now back to the food.

Appetizers - Garden salad for everyone

DH - New York Sirloin and Scallops
Me - New York Sirloin and Shrimp
DD - Chicken and Shrimp
DDbest - Chicken

The chef was a little slow here, we thought that maybe she was just starting out. The food really didn't come out together. While some of us were done with our meat, others were just getting theirs. And when we were just about done was when she added the vegetable to our plates too. But everything here was very tasty.

Desserts
Dh- Ginger Cake
Me - Fresh fruit - pineapple
DD and best friend got ice cream

Ohana
Now I know that there are very mixed reviews about this place. We tried it for the first time last year. It was after the menu changed, so we really don't have anything to compare it to.

We love this place!!! We got a seat right by the windows facing the Magic Kingdom and it was a night that Wishes would be going off right while we were eating!!! The service here was a little mixed. It took no time at all for the food to start coming out, I mean before the drinks were even served they were coming out with it. But we were waiting for a very little while on the meats.

We all love everything here! There isn't a single thing that DH won't eat here, DD and I personally don't like the sausage here, and DD and her best friend won't even touch the Bread Pudding here. Too bad for them since it is to die for!!!! DD ordered extra potatoes, DH and I ordered extra chicken wings.

As we were eating our dessert, Wishes started!! It was such a different experience watching them from there. Not better then being in the park, but not worse either. Very magical to just sit there and enjoy without all the crowds around you!!!

I know that this was a long review, and I hope that you enjoyed reading it. If you have any questions about where we ate, just let me know. I will be happy to get back to you.

And I can't believe I will be doing this all over again in 10 days with DH, DD, DS (who has been at college), DSgirlfriend (who has never been), Dmom and Ddad who I haven't been to Disney with in 10 years!!!! I'll have the time of my life!!! Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks for the reviews. I LOVED the mussells at LeCellier too. It was the best thing I ate all week!

Lucky you, getting to do it all again!!:thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews-I enjoyed reading them. You are too lucky to be going back again so soon! :) I'm already thinking of our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter