Rip Ride Rockit - how bad is the first drop?

Sorry, but I can't remember the drop. I'm too busy getting over the straight-up ascent. That is the white-knuckle moment for me.

+2

I barely even remember the rest of the ride. It was all a blur of "how could I have taken my son on this, how are these restraints holding us in, I think DS is going to fall right out, ouch my arm is hurting from reaching over and holding his arm b/c when he slips out surely I will be able to hold him by his arm"....

(and yes, both DS and I had bruises from my holding him...my bruises were on my upper arm from reaching over the restraint, and his were from my fingers...whoops)

All DS remembers is "WOOHOOOOOO I LOVE THIS RIDE LET'S DO IT AGAIN WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!"

Great answers.... the going up part, I really felt like I would be able to fall out if I wiggled too much..... nobody has that I know of, so it must be safer then it feels but the drop was great. Not the most scary I have been on but RRR was my favorite coaster at US.

I find the drop disappointing. The view is great though. After you've gone straight up, going down at a more moderate angle isn't that impressive.

I find the climb and drop the best part of RRR.:woohoo:

+2

I barely even remember the rest of the ride. It was all a blur of "how could I have taken my son on this, how are these restraints holding us in, I think DS is going to fall right out, ouch my arm is hurting from reaching over and holding his arm b/c when he slips out surely I will be able to hold him by his arm"....

(and yes, both DS and I had bruises from my holding him...my bruises were on my upper arm from reaching over the restraint, and his were from my fingers...whoops)

All DS remembers is "WOOHOOOOOO I LOVE THIS RIDE LET'S DO IT AGAIN WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!"

This will be me if I am even able to get on the ride with my son. I will be reaching over trying to hold him in (like I would be able to keep my grip on him through the ride). The restraints just do not look safe to me. Do you feel like you are going to fall out. How do little kids stay in those seats???

I'm with the rest. I kept thinking oh Jesus, oh Jesus I'm going to fall out on the straight climb up. The drop was like the biggest relief I've ever felt,lol!

How do little kids stay in those seats???

About a week ago, after a previous question about the ride's start, I looked up images of the ride vehicles. In my memory, it's just a bar across the waist. But the reality seems to be that it's a very sturdy restraint, and it meets up with the vertical between-leg spacer. So even if a person started to slide a little, their knees would keep them in, you see what I mean?

There's a good picture of the vehicle on the Dis in this article here.

So the reality is that it's safe. It just FEELS like a deathtrap, LOL. At least for the parents!

Just the day before, or so, I was on Dragon Challenge by myself, scared OUT of my mind, saying (out loud) "what am I doing, I have a family, what am I doing????!!!!!!" because it's one of those dangling-down coasters (that I'd never been on before) that feels incredibly rickety.

(and if truth be told, I'll get on both of those coasters and throw in a ride on Hulk (which I haven't yet done) before EVER getting on Pteranodon Flyers again!!!!!)

I just shared all this with DH, and he laughed HARD at the last part, because he saw me after I got off all of those rides, and knows that PF scared me far more than the others! The rocking, omg the rocking.....

Oh, for those going on the ride with children who aren't reading yet, or who aren't reading quickly, just don't bother with the music. DS is on the later side of reading, and I was trying to help him, and basically I ended up with nothing good for him, and I can't even remember IF I had music.

Not bad. My dd barely made the height and begged to go on it. I took a picture of her car as it passed by as I won't go on it. When got off asked how I knew it was her car. I said it's because it was the only car I couldn't see anyone in one of the seats!

She rode it a few times and said it was fun, liked how it pushed her face back.

"You only live once"

There is truth in these words! It won't kill you and you'll probably end up having a whole lot of fun.:rotfl: Take a chance and enjoy! Life is too short. Do it anyway! I promise, you'll survive.:thumbsup2

"Carpe diem" ---- seize the day!

It's not. Really the ascent makes the ride seem INSANE but there really is no "drop" it smoothly turns to the side i believe and then you go into the loop. Try Youtube POV.

I WAS the biggest ride weenie in the world in 2008....I took chicken exits over and over, and only begrudgingly got on EE / RCnRC crying and begging my DH to tell me what was about to happen! Fast Forward to FEB 2011....Mom and Teen son trip....I so didn't want my son left out, and to be bored....I didn't want to ruin his time, so I just went for it all out ......EVERYTHING at WDW and Universal/ IOA....EVERYTHING!! and you know what??? it was fine....I had a blast...yes, Dragon Challenge RED side was a little more rough than I like ( I enjoyed Blue side much more).....but all in all, I loved it! I loved RRR.....there are NO loops, even though it might feel like it...you are on top of the track, no over the head harnesses, so no worries about a loop being in there! I just looked up at the sky, and the ascent didn't bother me.....it is a fun, fun ride, I say go for it!! You may be Pleasantly surprised!

The first drop is not like a drop at all really.....it`s more of a very smooth and very quick descent :thumbsup2

I love the climb and the drop......lots of fun. It`s best on the front row ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter