Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what would happen if they somehow managed to get through all the boarding groups and still have time to load more guests? Would they just open the standby line at that point or would they just reopen the boarding groups?
This happened at WDW once that I know of, and they just stopped the ride. They didn't open up boarding groups or a SB line. I don't think it was a long time before it would have closed anyway, though.

EDIT: I stand corrected by dina :) It looks like maybe WDW changed its procedures!

Does anyone know how high the boarding group number goes for both parks?
It changes day to day. Dhs went to 142 today and started with either 9 or 10. They’ve gone as high as low 200s(NYE, park was open 16 hours) and mid 160s (this past Monday, best day on record for groups per hour).

I am an obsessive follower of this thread and the WDW version but I can’t remember: has anyone mentioned an announcement of the BGs over the PA at Disneyland? I ask because the announcement and BG opening happened a minute earlier at DHS this morning.

This has me rethinking my “leave the park to get away from crowds” strategy.

I am an obsessive follower of this thread and the WDW version but I can’t remember: has anyone mentioned an announcement of the BGs over the PA at Disneyland? I ask because the announcement and BG opening happened a minute earlier at DHS this morning.

Yes, they make several announcements leading up to park opening about boarding groups. I remember at least 4 announcements were made on Saturday morning after I entered the park at 7:10 for the 8am opening.

Yeah, they made an announcement about 5 minutes before 8am last Sunday. They did not make an announcement when 8am hit, though.

I have no information in the recent years, but my understanding is that the number is closer to 70% locals at DLR. FWIW it is about 15% at WDW. If someone has better, more recent or more accurate information that would be great to hear!

:wizard:
FWIW is much higher locals on weekends. Which are crazy

When I was there this past weekend, while BG selection didn’t start until 8:00AM on the dot, the general park opening announcement was happening about 10 min early. I assume this was to help with congestion on Main St. Just keep in mind that if they open early, It doesn’t mean BG selection does too.

They getting into the groove now. I reckon the later opening date has allowed Disneyland to resolve some issues plaguing WDW and predict that they will soon be routinely outperforming the East Coast

I would like to read that script to see what they are telling guests and how they are setting those low expectations without angering them lol.

I wish I had a better memory! My son was impatient so i was just trying to get out of there!

the boarding groups at wdw started at 7:59? Yikes! That hasn’t happened here. I am planning to leave the park tomorrow after tapping in but our plan was that my husband will you stay in the park just in case something went wrong—like this. I guess lol!

Last edited:
the boarding groups at wdw started at 7:59? Yikes! That hasn’t happened here. I am planning to leave the park tomorrow after tapping in but our plan was that my husband will you stay in the park just in case something went wrong—like this. I guess lol!

Technically 6:59 since they opened at 7am.

On these days where back-ups are lasting a bit longer, I’d love to hear some reports on the latest people are getting BGs and still getting to ride. Very curious.

Agree. When we were in the park Sunday, the lines at the guest Relations kiosks around the park were all SO long. We have to use those for obtaining DAS and basically gave up on that after our first DAS because there were just way too many people lined up to complain. I got to listen to a bunch of people ahead of me complain about it to the CMs and people behind us in line doing so amongst themselves. I've never seen lines that long on a normal day. It's usually 2-3 groups at a time in line maximum.

Feel so bad for those cast members, this has to be so stressful for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter