Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, When I stay at the BWPPI I usually wind up walking to the CVS at least once a night to get something we forgot or first aid supplies or something. It's become a running joke that after we get in for the evening I just say "Well, time to go to CVS! What do we need tonight?"

At the end of the day, that walk feels kinda long, but it isn't too bad. If you think you will want to take an afternoon break at the hotel, the location of BWPPI can't be beat. But if you want to cook...
I usually can find that stuff at the little market in the Tropicana next door. Not as big as CVS, of course, and probably at a higher cost. But OMG it is just right there!

Our typical goto is Hyatt Place with free breakfast; lots of space and just across from Toy Story shuttle to save the steps for the day.

When we want midday breaks, we have rotated between the Fairfield/Courtyard (points) and Best Western places (hotwire deals). The two Best westerns simply cannot be beat, but the motel style; basic breakfast, and draconian parking rules put a damper on the visit a lot....

SO -- this year, we bought in VGC and closed just last week. ;)

Our typical goto is Hyatt Place with free breakfast; lots of space and just across from Toy Story shuttle to save the steps for the day.

When we want midday breaks, we have rotated between the Fairfield/Courtyard (points) and Best Western places (hotwire deals). The two Best westerns simply cannot be beat, but the motel style; basic breakfast, and draconian parking rules put a damper on the visit a lot....

We are staying at Hyatt Place for 3 nights, work is paying, then I'm thinking about switching to Fairfield for Friday & Saturday night, DH has 2 certificates we can use. The parks will be open 8AM-12AM, I'm thinking it would be nice to go back to the hotel and not have to walk all the way back to the Hyatt on those long days. DH is also platnium so I'm hoping for an upgrade, we would be switching hotels 2/28.

We were wanted to just stay at HP because of the free breakfast, but we still have $140 Brilliant credit to use before it resets 3/24, could I just charge Pizza Hut/ market stuff to the room?'

And Congrats on the investment.

We are staying at Hyatt Place for 3 nights, work is paying, then I'm thinking about switching to Fairfield for Friday & Saturday night, DH has 2 certificates we can use. The parks will be open 8AM-12AM, I'm thinking it would be nice to go back to the hotel and not have to walk all the way back to the Hyatt on those long days. DH is also platnium so I'm hoping for an upgrade, we would be switching hotels 2/28.

We were wanted to just stay at HP because of the free breakfast, but we still have $140 Brilliant credit to use before it resets 3/24, could I just charge Pizza Hut/ market stuff to the room?'

And Congrats on the investment.
Fairfield is okay. no breakfast, but McDs and Panera are literally right there on the way. The furnishings are 'updated' but still a motel noise so get away from the elevators if you don't like luggage wheels going by the room all the time.

Consider using the Toy Story shuttle when at HP. It's time neutral compared to walking and saves a lot of steps - especially at night!

Glad it worked out!

What time did you guys get in line to enter? I’m curious for more data points on when people are getting in line vs getting into the park.

We got to security around 7:15 i believe. We walked from the Fairfield so didn’t have to deal with parking. Very small security line, walked into the Esplinade at 7:20 and in park gates at 7:55.

Our line seemed to move slow compared to those around us.

:welcome:HOME:cheer2:...We hope to be back to our VGC home in December. We'll see what kind of tips and tricks we need to follow to experience ROTR?
I've been reading every post, thanks to everyone for all the excitement:yay:

I'm sorry if I missed the answer to this question...this thread has a lot of pages that I've been skimming through. Our trip isn't until mid July. Do we know if these boarding groups are the permanent or semi-permanent plan for the foreseeable future? Is this what to expect for the summer?

I would like to be able to get on this ride at least once in our five days! Is it possible we could actually miss it even if we are at the park opening on at least three of the days?

I'm sorry if I missed the answer to this question...this thread has a lot of pages that I've been skimming through. Our trip isn't until mid July. Do we know if these boarding groups are the permanent or semi-permanent plan for the foreseeable future? Is this what to expect for the summer?

I would like to be able to get on this ride at least once in our five days! Is it possible we could actually miss it even if we are at the park opening on at least three of the days?
Nobody knows how long BGs will be in effect.

If the system stays the way it currently is, it’s pretty inconceivable that you could miss it with three days of trying.

Nobody knows how long BGs will be in effect.

If the system stays the way it currently is, it’s pretty inconceivable that you could miss it with three days of trying.
Especially if you follow all the tips here - of which there are a lot! It seems that people who follow just a few of the tips are usually succcessful. Those who follow all of them seem to be near %100.

:wizard:

Okay to recap my morning (this was for an 8am park opening, no EMH/MM)

6:35 - left BWPPI for Harbor Blvd security
6:45 - through security & in line (line almost back to the monorail at this point)
7:15 - gates open
7:25 - start scanning people in
7:31 - through the gates and in DL
7:59 - stood under the entrance of Mr. Lincoln & fiancé had the atomic clock on his phone, held up next to mine. I tried to find space AWAY from everyone.
8:00 - on iPhone XR, i clicked on “find out more”, “my status” (join boarding group was not lit up), and then clicked “join boarding group”. Got boarding group 14.

(sometime between 8-9a they called our boarding group, unsure of the actual time)

9:43 - got in line for RotR. Queue was wrapped around pretty significantly outside, but not outside of the actual queue area.
10:34 - got off the ride

It all depends on whom you ask. There are those among us who believe that boarding groups will be necessary forever. There are also those who believe they might fall out of use by summer. it really comes down to how much the reliability of the attraction improves over the next four months.

But, I suspect that you'll be able to ride at least once in your five days, one way or another, if not more.

congrats on DVC!! we're DVC at WDW. Bought in 2018 indirect and then 2019 added on direct.
SSR and BLT are our home resorts.

So we're rocking a 26 group spread as the clock chimes noon, Granted, we've seen the lunchtime acceleration (18 groups in the last hour) and expect things to level off and slow after lunch...but we're only 16 groups from the end of regular boarding. If the Jawas are kept in check...we could see regular boarding concluded before 2, which is good news for the backup folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter