Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD14 and the rest of her group just got off a little bit ago (BG135) and said it was amazing. She and the rest of her group were totally blown away by the experience. She’s being good and not telling me anything else that might be a spoiler so there’s still a chance I’ll speak to her when she gets home tomorrow 😂😂

Still too early to probably say for sure but looking at Thrill Data’s page the ride headed in all the right directions operations wise this week. So maybe there starting to see how to start minimizing some of the rides issues. Hopefully this continues going forward.

Still too early to probably say for sure but looking at Thrill Data’s page the ride headed in all the right directions operations wise this week. So maybe there starting to see how to start minimizing some of the rides issues. Hopefully this continues going forward.
I think this graph is pretty interesting too. It’s the number of groups processed per hour each day. The ride isn’t perfect, but the trend is obviously toward improvement.

090EA217-D1C3-496B-A06A-53A50C82F423.png

You'll all appreciate this (in a sad and commiserating sort of way).

After spending an hour at my son's friend's house last week explaining to both 15yo boys AND their dad how to have the best shot at securing a BG (today was the only day they would have a chance), I get a text shortly after 9 my time (a few minutes after park opening) that they "didn't know" they had to be through the turnstiles.

I spent an hour explaining this to all of you!!!!!! :furious:

It was not my finest moment.

When I was walking around yesterday I heard a little girl ask her parents why they couldn't go on the new ride. Her mom said "I don't want to pay extra for a Boarding Group" :sad2:

The boards need to add a face palm emoji in addition to the like, love, laugh etc..... 🤣

Although as a mom I will say she could totally be lying to her kid because she doesn’t want to deal with the chaos that is getting a BG.

For those parking in TS in the morning to get a ROTR BG, what time have you arrived (and was it a weekday or weekend)? How long has the wait been, and how much extra time does it take to get from arriving at TS to entering inside the Esplanade, including 1) getting into parking lot, 2) waiting for buses, and 3) the actual bus ride? Has your experience been that security at TS (if open) takes about the same as at Harbor? I normally Uber/Lyft to the Harbor entrance but am considering renewing/upgrading to a pass with parking, but am nervous about how much more time it will add in the morning when every minute counts for getting into the parks on time for a BG versus the convenience of being dropped off on Harbor. The pictures of cars backed up to get into M&F has me scared! I'm eyeing TS not only because it sounds like it'll be less congested but because I'll be coming from south of the parks.

I think this graph is pretty interesting too. It’s the number of groups processed per hour each day. The ride isn’t perfect, but the trend is obviously toward improvement.

View attachment 474413
The trend is definitely heading in the right direction for now.

What concerns me is seeing how DHS's trend went in the right direction until shortly after we opened. They had a day with almost no down time (1/20), finished at 6pm, and the slope of their almost straight line from just before 8 to 6 was 13-14bg/hr.

Since then, their trend has been downward, and I can't help but wonder if the cause is wear and tear after a month and a half of ops.

Now the engineer in me says "Well, the WDI will take note of the parts wearing out in that installation and proactively prepare to swap those parts out in our attraction so that we don't suffer the same fate." And that seems reasonable to take the data from back East and apply it here in the West.

But I wonder if there is some other reason for the slide out there and if it is unavoidable. We'll find out, of course, in due time.

If you are going on a morning with early entry and you don't have early entry, get a reservation for Breakfast at Plaza Inn at least 30 minutes prior to park opening, then you will not have to deal with the lines, can have a pretty decent breakfast with a lot of characters, including some rare ones.

We did this yesterday with a 7:30 AM reservation and got Boarding Group 62 and for characters we had:
  • Minnie
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Eyeore (sp)
  • Captain Hook
  • Tigger
  • Gideon
  • Raffiki
  • Fairy Godmother (we had a great chat about Boarding Groups)
  • Pluto
I think there were a couple more characters, they just kept coming out. Really a great value, not only can you get into the park early without lines (only on days with early entry), but good food with great character interaction and lots of characters, so saves even more time in not needing to stand in line to meet the characters

On a side note, it is interesting to watch the entire park stop at park opening for about 5 minutes.

Wherever you park, make sure you arrive at least 45 minutes before that parking lot opens if you want to ensure you have enough time to make it through security and into the park before it opens.

For those parking in TS in the morning to get a ROTR BG, what time have you arrived (and was it a weekday or weekend)? How long has the wait been, and how much extra time does it take to get from arriving at TS to entering inside the Esplanade, including 1) getting into parking lot, 2) waiting for buses, and 3) the actual bus ride? Has your experience been that security at TS (if open) takes about the same as at Harbor?

On opening weekend, TS arrival/esplanade arrival were 6:15/6:45 and 6:45/7:15, respectively. So, it took about 30 min to park, go through security and ride the tram. TS security is definitely faster but not always an option. From there, the time in line depends on the gate opening - 30 min the first day (in park by 7:15), 30 min the second day (in park by 7:45). However, all signs indicate that the mornings have been busier since then, and a friend arrived at TS this morning at 7:15 and didn’t get into the park until 8:45! All bets are off this weekend! We’re aiming for a 6:15-6:30 am arrival at TS tomorrow morning, which will be our first try for a BG since opening weekend. After this week, more reasonable arrival times may be possible.

Last edited:
Just a quick note about this - note that you can place a mobile order even without being scanned into the parks, whereas you cannot get a FP via MP unless you have scanned into the park. So placing a mock mobile order would only test if you are logged into your account, and not that the system has correctly registered you as having scanned into the park (which apparently has been glitching for some folks, causing them to be unable to get a BG or delaying them if they didn't force close the app after park entry). If you have MP you would still need to try and get a FP via MP to test that.
Agree, but my suggestion, as stated, was for those who will not be purchasing MP. (After the recent price hike, this is becoming an issue for more people.) For those who will have MP, we have long been advising they get a "test" FP via MP as a prep before trying for a BG. But for those without MP, there isn't that option, so at least Mobile Ordering allows them to check that their log in is working.

Agree, but my suggestion, as stated, was for those who will not be purchasing MP. For those who will have MP, we have long been advising they get a "test" FP via MP as a prep before trying for a BG.

Can you do a MaxPass request before rope drop - even if you get in early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter