Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With an hour to go, we're at 147 and a 26 group spread. We have a real shot at the all time high here. The considerable downtime has been offset with improvements in efficiency. Weird Wild Stuff!

I just want them to run out to see what they do. Do they open a standby line? Open more groups? Just close the ride?
It's close enough to the normal close that they would just shut it down for the night. They do not want to create the situation where people stand around outside hoping that the groups all get called in order to get into a standby queue, and the logistics of doing another set of groups would be more trouble than it would be worth. If they got through all the groups with hours and hours left, maybe they would do something. But I suspect that they have a target in mind every day and that they release enough groups to get them within an hour of the planned end time.

Yesterday they extended the run time considerably to allow folks the option of getting in line even though the attraction was down, though, so they seem flexible on the other end of the spectrum. I expect that when they get to the point whrere they regularly get all the groups on they'll start issuing more backups.

On a day like today when the call zone is about 12 hours long, if they operate at what we've seen peak efficiency-wise today we could see them hitting 200 groups if the downtime is minimal. Today we had over 3 hours of downtime plus a one hour period where it just limped along at 6 groups per hour. That's 33% of the operating day out of comission or operating well below capacity. I'm fairly amazed at the improvement during the past week (Thursday notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter