Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Thank you, thank you, thank you* to all of you in this thread for sharing your experiences.

We got boarding group 28 on Sunday (Verizon Droid Turbo 2 in front of Main Street Station) and 19 on Tuesday (Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 outside of SW Launch Bay in Tomorrowland-MM that morning). The ride is amazing and we were off of it by 10am on Sunday and just before 11am on Tuesday.

We sat on the screen past "Find out more" for about 5 minutes prior to park opening and hit "My Status" at exactly 8am and proceeded from there.

And it’s down. We’re 49
I told them not to do the lunch time acceleration, but did they listen?

Down for 50 minutes so far...hopefully it comes back up in the next 20 or so. But if the A-Team is in transit, I fear it will take them closer to 90.

We’re 47. Anyone know how long they’ll extend the window?
I think folks have reported that after a significant downtime they have been allowed on pretty much anytime after the attraction comes back up. Screenshot your BGs just in case, and maybe talk to a CM to get an "official" word.

I think folks have reported that after a significant downtime they have been allowed on pretty much anytime after the attraction comes back up. Screenshot your BGs just in case, and maybe talk to a CM to get an "official" word.
What I experienced this past Saturday: I had BG 20, and the jawas struck at BG 19. My BG arrival time had already passed by the time the ride started again. I did screenshot my BG just in case, but the app still showed a link for my entry code even after my BG window was over. The link worked when the ride re-started, so I didn't need my screenshots. YMMV.

We’re 47. Anyone know how long they’ll extend the window?

when we were there last Sunday, there were several times the ride crashed. Take a look at your boarding status about once an hour to see what they're boarding. It seemed like they would occasionally raise the boarding group number, but the window of "Now boarding" groups was very broad. The lower numbers stayed up a long time. As suggested, keep screen shots of the BG passes as insurance.

I shudder to think what will happen next week when a new parade premiers AND food and wine starts up. While I would like to have gone during food and wine, not this year.

The new parade premiers tomorrow, as does F&W . Also Soarin over California tomorrow as well .
Add ROTR into the mix, and ................... Friday , and this weekend are going to be baaaaaaad !
They had soft openings of the parade today at 1 , and its scheduled for 5 as well .

We will be on property tomorrow , but are not going to the parks till Sunday and the following week . Should be .......interesting !

Last edited:
We were BG 50 today. Tried to enter shortly after our BG called (about 12:15) and ride was down. Had an Art of the Craft tour at GC at 1 PM and our ride boarding time was until 2:15. Didn't make it back to the ride until about 2:30 and they let us in with no issues. Did receive notice our boarding time expired which made me nervous. I had screen shots if needed.

So the afternoon is fairly average. Looks like we had a 65 minute downtime, followed by 35 minutes up, 20 minutes down, about a half hour of limping along, and now we're back at a normal call rate. Hopefully with the early afternoon Jawa raids out of the way they can make a run over the next 5 hours for an above average day. The first 3 hours we called 49, second three hours we called 18. But for the last half hour we're back on a 12g/hr slope.

We do seem to see a lot of breakdowns immediately following an acceleration in calls. I figured that the typical lunch time acceleration is just due to many folks eating and not rushing over right after their number comes up, but it does make me wonder if they do short "sprints" from time to time when they try and push the load rate and sometimes they trip and fall in their haste and the system goes down.

All that said, I'm glad to see that they are continuing the trend of keeping the downtimes from stretching into multiple hours.

Meanwhile poor DHS has limped along all day and even with our afternoon efficiency issues we have lapped them again. If there is an A-team, and they are headed there for the weekend, here's hoping they can right the ship.

Add ROTR into the mix, and ................... Friday , and this weekend are going to be baaaaaaad !
As I usually make only one trip a year between Christmas and New Year...I don't believe in "baaaaaad" when it comes to Disneyland. But I get what you're saying. I thrive on the crowds. My wife hates them, though.

I've told a few people about my plans to go the week after Easter and they are like "Are you crazy? It's going to be super packed!" and I'm like:

We were BG 50 today. Tried to enter shortly after our BG called (about 12:15) and ride was down. Had an Art of the Craft tour at GC at 1 PM and our ride boarding time was until 2:15. Didn't make it back to the ride until about 2:30 and they let us in with no issues. Did receive notice our boarding time expired which made me nervous. I had screen shots if needed.

The barcode on the boarding group is the same barcode on your ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter