• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is crazy busy today. We got there at 8:05, DD and I went through bag check, DD2 & DH went through the no bag line, got in the MM lines and by the time they got to the front it was open for everyone. We go in the park by 8:40, we turned around and exited and made our way to DCA. I was able to get up BG47

This is interesting...quick and dirty overlay of DHS vs DL (DL in color, DHS in Black and White) boarding groups called.

Don't stare at it too long or you'll get a headache, but it is interesting how after opening weekend there is general agreement in the trends until just before president's day weekend when the trends diverge and become almost inverse of one another. This is the basis for the A-Team hypothesis.

It is crazy busy today. We got there at 8:05, DD and I went through bag check, DD2 & DH went through the no bag line, got in the MM lines and by the time they got to the front it was open for everyone. We go in the park by 8:40, we turned around and exited and made our way to DCA. I was able to get up BG47

Unfortunately it's not that busy today. getting in the parks early for a shot at RotR BG has just brought huge numbers of guests in to the park early. It really blows up touring for people like me that used to get to the park early and have the park myself in the am. arriving early means much less now than it did before RotR boarding groups, as almost everyone is arriving early.

Just flip it then - post fireworks the parks empty out quickly and a lot of rides easier to get on; especially last hour.

Unfortunately it's not that busy today. getting in the parks early for a shot at RotR BG has just brought huge numbers of guests in to the park early. It really blows up touring for people like me that used to get to the park early and have the park myself in the am. arriving early means much less now than it did before RotR boarding groups, as almost everyone is arriving early.
I am not there today but yesterday it was BUSY, much more crowded than I expected. Not sure what’s up this week, I sort of expected lower crowds since it’s not spring break yet and the Presidents’ Day/ski week breaks were over.

I am not there today but yesterday it was BUSY, much more crowded than I expected. Not sure what’s up this week, I sort of expected lower crowds since it’s not spring break yet and the Presidents’ Day/ski week breaks were over.
I have a coworker who was there yesterday for their son's band performance or something maybe that's contributing to more crowds this week?

I as there yesterday as well. I think part of the extra crowd was RsR and Incredicoaster being down in DCA. We tried to hop over and the line for TSMM was really long very early in the day. I think the crowds are larger than normal mid week days this time of year, but Sunday and Monday were slammed by comparison. I shudder to think what will happen next week when a new parade premiers AND food and wine starts up. While I would like to have gone during food and wine, not this year.

Spring break will be brutal with the SoCal promo in full effect along with most passes for regulars. Then there's the visitors ;)

In other news -- 30 group spread :) nice two hours. 15/hour

I as there yesterday as well. I think part of the extra crowd was RsR and Incredicoaster being down in DCA. We tried to hop over and the line for TSMM was really long very early in the day. I think the crowds are larger than normal mid week days this time of year, but Sunday and Monday were slammed by comparison. I shudder to think what will happen next week when a new parade premiers AND food and wine starts up. While I would like to have gone during food and wine, not this year.
Food and Wine makes things so crazy. Spring Break is tough.

I don’t know what time we were called (stuck on pirates for almost an hour). But in line at 10:16 and off at 11:04.
We were stuck on Pirates too!! Was it really almost an hour? That was a new one for me. We got stuck at the octopus.

We were stuck on Pirates too!! Was it really almost an hour? That was a new one for me. We got stuck at the octopus.
We were stuck before the first drop for 10-15 minutes then the ride ran correctly then we were stopped at the incline for 10-15 more. They powered down the ride and restarted and we were able to finish. However, when we exited they didn’t reload the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter