Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

after struggling out of the gate and slow morning --- been cranking this afternoon/evening. 30 group spread at 129.

Still amazing that backups lasted 3.5+ hours.
Ok now I am completely at a loss for understanding any of this 🤣🤣🤣 3 hours of backups, late start, and now on 131 at 6:40pm. I give up lol

Banner day. Close to record. Probably would have broken if more groups given out.

What's weird is backups lasting 3.5 hours --- let's see if resistance west can maintain this through early ski week breaks these coming weeks.

Baku East did well today too!

Well, 2 hours of downtime (2x one hour each), but really good efficiency while up and running gave us our best 9am open on record. Add to that fact that for the first time ever (and probably the last time for quite a while) someone could have waltzed into the park at noon, gotten a boarding group, and ridden before 8pm.

Monday we saw a breakneck pace in the morning which apparently led to a day and a half of very rough operations. They clearly bounced back from that today.

On the other coast they hit 143 with no downtime, starting at BG 2, so 142 groups called. combined with our 153, that's 295 total groups, which I believe is a record high for combined groups called (Edit, confirmed - previous high was 274 on Feb 1)

They definitely didn't go as hard today as they did Monday morning, but certainly did justice to the boarding rate despite the two hours of downtime breaking the 13 bg/hour average rate for the first time.

With them going into maintenance early by about 45 minutes tonight tomorrow will be interesting. If there are upgrades in the works tonight we might see a later start, but otherwise I'd expect another quick start tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the last 9AM open until after the spring break season. Not sure how they'll use it...but I'm interested to find out!

Last edited:
It's a very good sign that they are feeling confident, at least for the morning. 30 minutes in and they are boarding 1-21, so pretty agressive pre-load. Interesting if they are doing a 1 hour return for the early groups... If you get called today let us know what your return window looks like.

[/QUOTE

1 hour return time with boarding group 3 today.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - I just called the AP line to remove someone from my app and it was so easy and took about 2 minutes. Very easy and quick!

Thanks for commenting on that. I was worried, because my BG party on my last park day (Saturday) had myself and 3 other AP holders plus a PH on it. However, after I got home I was able to remove/unlink them all with no issues, in the app.

One hour return window with BG 12. Not sure when that was changed from 2 to 1

ME
Thanks for reporting this. @closetmickey also got a 1 hour return time with BG 3. Anyone out there get a longer return window or were they all 1 hour?

We’ll be trying the dance on Monday and Tuesday next week. Is Toy Story still opening 90 minutes before park opening during the week? Or am I going to have to fight the garages?
This information can be found on page one, post one, FAQs. As someone answered, for now and until further notice, M&F/PP and TS all open 90 minutes before OPO.

Just an FYI - I just called the AP line to remove someone from my app and it was so easy and took about 2 minutes. Very easy and quick!
Thank you for confirming that this does work! For anyone else wondering about this, the information and phone number can be found on page one, post one, FAQs!

I have a question with LOTS of assumptions (and yes, I know about assuming...) Assuming you go to the ride as soon as your boarding group is called and assuming the ride doesn't go down, how long, typically, if there is a typically, would it take between when you enter the queue to when you are off the ride? I know there are a lot of factors in there, I'm just trying to figure out best case scenario. Granted, best case would be you are first in line, but you get the point.
People have been posting that, on average, it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes from the time you enter the line to the time you exit the building, if nothing goes wrong.

Thanks for reporting this. @closetmickey also got a 1 hour return time with BG 3. Anyone out there get a longer return window or were they all 1 hour?

This information can be found on page one, post one, FAQs. As someone answered, for now and until further notice, M&F/PP and TS all open 90 minutes before OPO.

Thank you for confirming that this does work! For anyone else wondering about this, the information and phone number can be found on page one, post one, FAQs!

People have been posting that, on average, it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes from the time you enter the line to the time you exit the building, if nothing goes wrong.
How long is the ride itself?

Good morning RISErs. Any reports from the park?

DHS saw backups last over an hour today and had a strong start, but then pulled an acceleration maneuver and apparently knocked themselves out for a spell (now down 35 minutes) (Edit: back up after 40).

Curious to see how our backup situation goes today considering yesterday's extended distribution and excellent performance. Also curious to see if we start boarding within 5 minutes of opening again. So many questions!

Last edited:
How long is the ride itself?
Since duration might be a spoiler for some...

That depends on your definition of ride.

This attraction blurs the lines between "ride" and "queue" quite effectively. You could say that the entire "experience" is 18-20 minutes, but that the "ride proper" is more like 5 minutes.

Think of the Haunted Mansion - Is the stretching room part of the ride? Or is it part of the queue? Or Guardians. Is the Collector's office part of the ride? Or part of the queue?

ROTR has elements that are akin to these.

Query- if you get a super low BG, ride the ride and back ups are still available- could you get one? or does the system realize you have already ridden that day and you are out of luck? With the super long back ups yesterday I was just wondering if it would be a possibility.

Query- if you get a super low BG, ride the ride and back ups are still available- could you get one? or does the system realize you have already ridden that day and you are out of luck? With the super long back ups yesterday I was just wondering if it would be a possibility.

No, once you get a BG for the day, you can not get another one, even if they are available after you scan in.

Sorry , we don’t have feet on the ground today . Going to skip ROTR today , been on it 4 times in 4 days. That’s enough ! We are heading into DCA today , and maybe wander around DL later .
Good luck to everyone trying for boarding groups in a few minutes !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter