Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I keep saying this, but I want to stress again that waiting until park open and hitting "Find Out More" is not the only way to secure a BG. You can sit on the screen past "Find out More" and hit "My Status" right at park open, then hit "Join Boarding Group" on the next screen. This page is refresh-able by dragging down at the top of the page, also, but we had no need to do that either time we attempted a boarding group (we got 28 and 19 on our two Disneyland days using this exact method).

I keep saying this, but I want to stress again that waiting until park open and hitting "Find Out More" is not the only way to secure a BG. You can sit on the screen past "Find out More" and hit "My Status" right at park open, then hit "Join Boarding Group" on the next screen. This page is refresh-able by dragging down at the top of the page, also, but we had no need to do that either time we attempted a boarding group (we got 28 and 19 on our two Disneyland days using this exact method).
What types of phones do you and your posse have? My understanding is that your suggestion works for iPhones but is a bad idea for Androids.

:wizard:

What types of phones do you and your posse have? My understanding is that your suggestion works for iPhones but is a bad idea for Androids.

I agree. I haven't been in the parks yet, but my Android spits up and yells at me if I try that procedure at home. Dragging down does nothing to refresh the page. Everything performs well if I go in from Find Out More.

If you have an iPhone, sure. On Android, going from FOM to MS can work, but if the button is not active the first time you go in to MS, you are in a restart situation. Refreshing does not work on this screen for android. However, to be fair, I have not tried that approach since the app update, so it might be worth a test tomorrow...

Any chance for them to open up to more BGs today? They seem to be going through todays BGs pretty fast.

Any chance for them to open up to more BGs today? They seem to be going through todays BGs pretty fast.
I believe that would be a first. So there is a chance, but no history suggesting they will do that.

:wizard:

any chance your hubby could try along from home too?
Huh. Look how smart you are! Yes, I could probably get him to... I never thought of that, even though I considered having our 13-year-old try from home when it was DH and I at the parks! :)

I know others have chimed in on the Android side but in my testing on iPhone this doesn’t work well either. The refresh action on the final screen has never worked for me at home. Your best bet seems to be starting at the home screen, going into FOM right at open and then My Status if JBG isn’t lit up.That gives you two opportunities for a “refresh” operation.

At that point, if it hadn’t worked, I usually go back twice and try again. If that doesn’t work, a force close and restart seems to be the best option.

Edit to add: I just captured the network traffic on the Status page and can confirm that pulling down to refresh does not result in any network activity. I will check again tomorrow while BG’s are open.

I have a question with LOTS of assumptions (and yes, I know about assuming...) Assuming you go to the ride as soon as your boarding group is called and assuming the ride doesn't go down, how long, typically, if there is a typically, would it take between when you enter the queue to when you are off the ride? I know there are a lot of factors in there, I'm just trying to figure out best case scenario. Granted, best case would be you are first in line, but you get the point.

after struggling out of the gate and slow morning --- been cranking this afternoon/evening. 30 group spread at 129.

Still amazing that backups lasted 3.5+ hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter